It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Secret Turkish nerve center leads aid to Syria rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Exclusive: Secret Turkish nerve center leads aid to Syria rebels

www.reuters.com

News of the clandestine Middle East-run "nerve centre" working to topple Syrian President Bashar al-Assad underlines the extent to which Western powers - who played a key role in unseating Muammar Gaddafi in Libya - have avoided military involvement so far in Syria.

"It's the Turks who are militarily controlling it. Turkey is the main co-ordinator/facilitator. Think of a triangle, with Turkey at the top and Saudi Arabia and Qatar at the bottom," said a Doha-based source.

"The Americans are very hands-off on this. U.S. intel(ligence) are working through middlemen. Middlemen are cont
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Why are people ignoring what is in front of them?
Project for a New American Century - A list of Wars since 911

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So, who are the terrorists and invaders? I don't think any Middle Eastern government can claim clean hands when it comes to terrorism. Clearly the US and its Western allies are assisting in latest overthrow of a sovereign country. As I watch the plan outlined by General Wesley Clark play out and the end game of invading Iran is on the horizon. I wonder who will be next on the CFR's agenda?

I was reading online earlier about the police chief in Dubai speaking about foreign invaders.

"There's an international plot against Gulf states in particular and Arab countries in general...This is preplanned to take over our fortunes," Khalfan told reporters at a gathering late on Wednesday marking the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

"The bigger our sovereign wealth funds and the more money we put in the banks of Western countries, the bigger the plot to take over our countries...The brothers and their governments in Damascus and North Africa have to know that the Gulf is a red line, not only for Iran but also for the Brothers as well."

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-7-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add video

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A reason why the Turks would support the overthrow of Syria is that they (Syria) have been supporting the Kurds over the last 50 years, and if they (Kurds) were successful in creating an independent Kurdistan, they (Kurds) would own the land the pipeline runs across (the one from the Iraqi oil fields to the Mediterranean Turkish port).
So it is all about oil, of course, same as the trodding down of the Pashtun people in Afghanistan, over that pipeline (the one in Afghanistan).
edit on 27-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join