It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem's attach high-cap magazine ban to cybersecurity bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Well, maybe that's a good thing?

The Reps support the internet security, but they won't support the gun control, while the Dems support the gun control, but won't support the internet security. Maybe the bill will die?

I think its almost a certainty that this bill will die. It might sneak through in the Senate, but the GOP can't afford to pass a gun control measure through the House. About half of them would be out of a job in November if they did. Won't happen.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I guess the real question is, how many guns can fire, rapidly, through a 100 round mag without over heating? And how many times can you do that to a gun that isn't absolutely top of the line before the barrel starts to walk so far that it becomes comprimised?

It seems like 100 round mags is a good way to protect people. not many folks who would come unhinged would also spend the 4k needed to have a decent rifle. Look at Holmes. He bought a cheap AR, and it couldn't handle firing through 1 single magazine of 100 rounds without jamming. And that saved quite a few lives that day.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't think there ever was a 100 round drum! Please check out my thread here, and I am not looking for flags or stars......I just don't think this is all adding up here as they say. But that is normal, right?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's known as reloading...

We haven't got to see all the evidence by a long shot.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

it could be a conspiracy.

or it could be that a schizophrenic had his 100 round mag jam, so he ejected it thinking it was empty, and replaced it with the standard 30 round one that he had on him. that didn't fire immediately, so he threw it down, drew his pistol, and opened fire again.

that seems to be the way i would imagine it went down. he fired off a bunch of rounds, and may have even been lucid enough to think, "It shouldn't be empty already". But it was dark, and he was in an intense moment, so likely shrugged it off and reached for the new mag. Pop that in, try to chamber it, find that the lever is jammed, so you throw it down and reach for the next gun, as per your plan.

Yup. Seems reasonable to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
100 round drums are in a price range where you could buy a cheap pistol instead. Theyre also really heavy. They also jam. Conventional 30 round mags can be homemade so banning them is pointless. Also theres so many millions out there already....

Most guns come shipped in a grease that is very sticky and is not a lubricant at all. i wonder if this guy screwed the gun up by rapid firing it with this crap still in the gun? You need to clean and lube a new gun before use. Theyll fire right out of the box though.
edit on 27-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
it could be a conspiracy.

or it could be that a schizophrenic had his 100 round mag jam, so he ejected it thinking it was empty, and replaced it with the standard 30 round one that he had on him. that didn't fire immediately, so he threw it down, drew his pistol, and opened fire again.

that seems to be the way i would imagine it went down. he fired off a bunch of rounds, and may have even been lucid enough to think, "It shouldn't be empty already". But it was dark, and he was in an intense moment, so likely shrugged it off and reached for the new mag. Pop that in, try to chamber it, find that the lever is jammed, so you throw it down and reach for the next gun, as per your plan.

Yup. Seems reasonable to me.

That makes sense, if he also had a smaller drum with him, he would have switched to that. And have we even been told that he used the 100 round mag? I only know that he purchased it, it could have been waiting in his apartment with the explosives. What I wonder is why didn't he either shoot himself with the pistol, or shoot the police? I suppose he's not the first crazy terrorist who gave up without a fight... eg. Norway one last year, didn't shoot any police, even though he was dressed as one.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Exactly! These bureaucrats have no idea about anything gun-related. I was watching a couple dudes on Hardball with Chris Matthews talk about "30-clip magazines." What the F is that? Obviously they meant "30-round magazines," but it's just aggravating that these know-nothing blow-hards get to make rules regarding our daily lives!

I bet they can't even order a coffee properly without a sniveling aide's assistance!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

Or, you can choose to rock a member of the Kalashnikov family of weapons and have the best of both worlds.

This magazine issue is one of the reasons I have chosen the AKS as my rifle of choice. AK mags are always cheap. It's just too damn bad they're so heavy. :-(

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i got home after a hard day at work and there was hillery seting there with the bigest smile on her face & obama talking about a bill in front of him i didnt blame obama hes is the best puppet they have, i turned of the tv and went to buy more ammo i would by a boozuka for 50.00 but the ammo is to exspencive ,lol im going to bed

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

We need jobs, financial stability a growing economy and he has to try to pass a meaningless gun control measure that would do nothing to prevent another mass shooting.

This is the thing that the Democrats can't get through their thick heads.

Firearms is a multibillion dollar industry

Firearms accessories is also a multi billion dollar industry.

That all create jobs, and in a country that has over 88 million Americans out of work or under employed lets put more people out of work.

The Democrats know that gun laws have never worked, and will never work, and then the same people responsible for Fast and Furious decided that they didn't have any problems whatsoever with guns in criminal hands like cartels.

They only have problems when they are in American hands Chicago and New York, and Washington DC the highest crime rates in the country and all have the toughest laws on the books.

Someone said gun control is only bout control and i agree with that comment. Those Democratic Senators don't give a ratts behind about anyone or anything but their own power and control..

Feinstein has a long history of anti gun stupidity, and she is also the one who said the White leaks should be punished then changed her mind.

Nothing but a bunch of two faced hypocrites and since when does "Cybersecurity" have anything to do with gun laws?

And since when do laws not originate in the House?

House to Senate not Senate up bunch of fascists.
edit on 27-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
This magazine issue is one of the reasons I have chosen the AKS as my rifle of choice. AK mags are always cheap. It's just too damn bad they're so heavy. :-(

I have had access to some of the most expensive weapons made and without a doubt I love my AK the most. It and its magazines are heavy sure but it is also a more durable and forgiving platform than some of the more expensive weapons out there. Virtually, idiot proof weapon, which is good for me.

It's like a good old truck from the 70's heavy and ugly but a 1975 Ford pick-up will be on the road long after the 2004 models have all been scrapped. Just don't make things to last anymore.

Honestly, if I could only have one weapon available to me it would be my AK. Seen M4's and MP5's and M1As and other sexy weapons lock up with a few strategic grains of sand in the wrong place. Always when you don't need them to.

I fired an AK once in Africa (Somalia) that I swear had more rust than metal left on it (all pitted and dented) and put a liberal coat of oil on it and rocked a 30 round mag with not a single problem. I don't think it was very accurate as the sight was mostly bent but it would still fire. An M4 in that condition would have been a club at best.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They did that to kill the bill. They are opposed to the intrusive cybersecurity bill so they dropped a poison pill in it for the righties because they KNOW that House GOP will not pass it.

Thus, killing the cybersecurity bill. If you knew any better, you would actually welcome such news. But you don't so you wont.

edit on 28-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join