It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Men Cured of HIV After Bone Marrow Transplants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This is an interesting. I wonder if the virus is actually gone, or if it is hiding. It may not be an actual "cure", but maybe a less expensive solution can come from this discovery.

Link
The case is similar to the man who was cured of HIV after getting stem-cell therapy for leukemia, but, as the bone marrow transplant patients are still taking their anti-retroviral medications, doctors are not yet 100% sure whether they are completely cured. Doctors also note that bone marrow transplants are expensive and too dangerous for many HIV patients.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
"They" are now saying that they think Sjogrens is a bone marrow thing as well. I'm wondering how many diseases out there are bone marrow centered. I'm wondering how many diseases could be cured with a full bone marrow transplant. That's a really, really, rough process to go through ...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Last I heard of these two men, HIV was still showing up in their bloodstream

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by arpgme

Last I heard of these two men, HIV was still showing up in their bloodstream

Can you cite a source, everything I have read about the original case is that there are no detectable levels. They will never label him cured though, just it's undetectable.

top topics

join