It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News outlets and advertisments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
What is with the ads, the tool bars, the auto-citations, the CLUTTER? Huh? After I'm finished downloading their 250mbs of CRAP, I can barely read the article! AHHH!!! Come on people? Do we really need links to every other website known to man? I think I can handle opening my favorite serach engine myself, thanks! Facebook? I don't use the services of a tax evading bastard! I try to quote the article, and a freakin' hover nav bar pops up and a miss click on "timbucktu social group"! What is this crap? Corporatism gone nuts that's what! Scared to death that someone might use a less popular but actually better social network or search engine. Why do we even list the article? Just show me a misleading link, and then a page of ads! The headline almost always misrepresents the article. Why not take it one step further and remove the crappy article altogether?

And another thing. These articles, with videos of what actually happen. If you're going to put up a video, why not make a newscast to go along with it? That would be helpful to report the happening verbally so that I don't have to try to find the article in the cluttered page! What's with these slide shows? I click a headline and expect to find a full article, only to find a slide show of six pictures that a 5 year old could have made! Ugh.

Nevermind the lack of quality information, they can't even display the crappy information in a way that's not offensive!

/end rant
edit on 27-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Yeah, what's up with UN clutter of ADS on my screen.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
two words.
Ad Block!!!
it works wonders,and it only takes a few seconds to download.
use your search engine to find it. its free to download!
peace

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I'm talking about facebook toolbars and such. I have an ad blocker. It's still too much clutter. Actually I'm just ranting, not looking for logic here.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

i hear ya! you can't walk down the road without being bombarded by corporate logos.
they want you to 'block it out' and act like its normal,while subliminally it stays with you!
i do the opposite,and acknowledge all of them! it reminds me on a daily basis how they try to control us!
but your rant is well warranted!
peace

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Yeah, what's up with UN clutter of ADS on my screen.

Why do you always feel the need to add
in every comment you make?

Seriously.Even in your threads you have them like ten times.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I just noticed that ATS has a toolbar too.

Let me make myself clear, not talking about ATS here. ATS is a good example of what to do with a toolbar. Minimal, easy to find (unless you are me), funtional. This whole hover bar that can be hidden, pinned, turned off, and all of that is just over the top.

top topics

join