It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selective Outrage: How The U.K. Press Reacted To Obama’s Numerous Anti-British Gaffes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
One reason Obama was treated a little different then Romney. Obama was making the deal to bring down Murdoch and News Corp. Do you think Obama is a Black Irishman? Ireland was his first stop because thats where the big leak on Murdoch and News Corp came from. They turned on Murdochs empire and leaked info that brought down News Corp. And it was not long after that the Brits invaded our news in the US. You can see the changes already in our media. Orielly is changing colors again. Beck is gone. ABC News has turned tabloid with made up stories. Olberman is gone. Micorsoft is dumping NBC News. And the BBG the propaganda board of directors for the US is going to create there own 24 hr news channel and just finished making big payments to TOR relays which are used by hackers and the media. Call it a seperation of spying, hacking and propaganda from the media.
edit on 27-7-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Oh noo That commoner dared to touch the queen!!! Why haven't the heavens started to fall.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

it's almost as if they don't really like Romney

strange...

:-)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by citizenx1

Originally posted by citizenx1

Basically, its not ok to just come to the country and slag us off. Its ok for us to do it but not Romney.

Please quote when Romney "slagged off" your country. I'll wait patiently.

Wait all you like, thats the clear perception of the British public.

You might find this and the links in the report interesting.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Like I said earlier. You guys are not only easily manipulated by your media, you revel in it. You're almost proud of it.

Oh god, spare us the "sheeple" crap!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

You Brits used to rage about Gitmo..Whatever happened to that? it seemed to stop as soon as Obama took office. In fact, there is a laundry list of things Brits cared about under Bush, that they stopped caring about the second their media stopped harping on it.

Not at all, that's your perception, which is ironic considering your holier than thou attitude about us listening to our media like sheep.

Obama is more popular than Bush, but that isn't hard. That said, all his gaffes have not gone down well over here and you are selective picking certain publications to back up that claim. You can quite easily find as many articles saying what a total tool he is, such as giving DVD's to the Queen, or removing Churchill's bust from the Oval office, to trying to undermine us on the Falklands.

I personally can't stand the smarmy git and his thinly-veiled anti-British stance.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Any citizen of any country involved in the Olympics has that right.

And we have the right to take offence, no?

Again, all bit ironic because if anyone dares criticise the US, you're all up in arms about it as well. Nobody likes someone else from the outside criticising them.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Also it's not like it's just the "left" papers putting the boot in. The Daily Mail and everyone else have gone after Romney.

Americans just cannot understand that for most of the world it's 2012, and their extremist right wing hate mongers are too much for the rest of the worlds conservatives. So much so that Tories and UKIP members think of people as Romney as morons and relics of history

crazy yanks

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by timetothink
Any citizen of any country involved in the Olympics has that right.

And we have the right to take offence, no?

Again, all bit ironic because if anyone dares criticise the US, you're all up in arms about it as well. Nobody likes someone else from the outside criticising them.

That's right.

The fact that Romney supporters are making excuses for him shows the type of peoples these republiscumbags are. That's what you will get with Romney. American style xenophobia, the sort that went extinct many centuries ago in most the world, that says "we don't care about anyone else, f*ck yous"

Romney and his supporters are showing their contempt for us. F//k em.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by PvtHudson

I am a fan of neither, and I am extremely suspicious of exactly why our PM is even holding court with Romney - this is not protocol.

Cameron declined a meeting with the French potential leader stating that it was policy not to endorse a person running for office in another nation in such a way. Yet, he's meeting very publicly with Romney?

However, regardless of my feelings towards both Romney and Obama (I really don't like either, I think Romney is a republican hypocrite and Obama is a puppet who has done more to disappoint American voters than any president before him) I cannot equate Obama giving the Queen an iPod with Romney making public statements about the Olympics.

On a political level it is clear to see who has been the most inappropriate and it has nothing to do with double standards. Obama has made some humorous gaffs, Romney potentially insulted the country. That is the difference here, from a political and media pandering point of view.

The papers are assuming that people give a damn (most of us actually don't), but they correctly see that insulting an entire nation is a political disaster compared to Obama or the First Lady doing something that most Brits would find smirk-inducing.

I don't read the tabloid trash, but I can tell you with some authority that the people are not impressed with any American politician, left or right. We simply do not give a damn about who you elect, what their opinions are and whether they are embarrassing or not.

Also, most of the people of the UK are fed up with the Olympics already, and we fully accept that G4S have been a disaster from the start.

This is not news to us, Romney probably had the majority of the UK public agreeing with him. The media thought we give a crap about it. We don't. But on the scale of errors, insulting a nation (if we cared about what he's attacking) would be far more embarrassing than giving her Maj an iPod.

What about Obama removing the bust of Churchill and giving it back to the UK? The Malvinas snub was also very bad to the UK.

Romney ended his statement with how impressed he was with the amazing job the Brittish did.

You're right, the two can't be compared.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Funny thing about the head on the desk of Bush. The guy was attacked by the grandfather of Bushes buddy Ruepert Murdoch. He was almost complete thrown out of the military. But Churchill made a come back in the military and even politics despite Murdochs best try with his new found job in media which later became News Corp. So was it a honor or a trophy having tha head on his desk?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join