It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi!!! Didn't know so many were so easily offended, let my start again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Nice to meet you all, i have been a reader for a long time.
I come here with the background thought of, "We as a people are in bad shape". I try to think of different things that might give me hope. So I toss things out there, see what people have to say.

My first post was based on the fact that even though it was the Americans who landed on the moon, the whole world watched and was proud. Not because an American landed on the moon, but because MAN had landed on the moon. For a short time we were united, everyone, everywhere,,,,,,we were just proud to be human.

We as a species need more of that, we need to be proud of each other. So I thought maybe we need to make a modern version of the pyramids, our lasting mark for those who come after us. This led me to the idea of all mankind working together to build a manned super telescope on the moon. The best chance we have of answering the question that all mankind has asked itself since the dawn of civilization,"Are we alone".

The pride felt the world over for putting the first outpost in space, sending scientist from all over the world there to learn and caring for these first space citizens as they start mankind's journey to live amongst the stars would change the world.......we the citizens of planet earth would be the parents of an offspring the likes of which have never been seen before

The answers I got were not unexpected.....but still disappointing. I was attacked in that post, accused of all kinds of things but mostly accused of trying to fish for money. When all I really wanted to know is where peoples hearts are and had never asked for a single dime.

A few weeks before that I asked friends and family, who were in unions a question,
If you worked at a place that had 1000 employees, and the company said," Listen the economy in is bad shape, people are out of work, losing their homes, kids are going to bed hungry. If you would be willing to give 10% of your pay up this would allow us to hire 100 people, help 100 more families. Would you be willing to give up that 10%.......not even one said they would be willing to.

If this is where we are at as a people, I do not have a lot of hope for us.

edit on 27-7-2012 by ronnieray123 because: pressed enter before typing message

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

well ......................

second line

join