It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Will to Powerlessness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

How have i explained to you what to 'think' or 'feel' ?

Humans are terrified of not being in control, of being powerless. Really though there is no one in control of anything. It is just happening.

You wrote,

You 'think' you are separate to life and that you have to hang onto it or do it.

One of the problems with being in physical manifestation,
and using language,
is that individuality and subjectiveness is all that can be expressed through it.

Oneness can be known, can be experienced, but not expressed in language,
as language is a vehicle for thought between separate entities!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Even if a person denies that they have any part of them that desires escaping power/responsibility (I won't believe you, but just for the sake of argument) then that would mean that in having that position of power, your desire and hunger is fulfilled. You don't need to have a bigger part of the cake- you got your reward already.

Power is like mercury and we are the objects immersed in it. We cant get out of it because our egos have the weight of the heavy metals suspended it it. We are all prisoners of power. A prisoner in the jail of life has two options accepts his fate as a prisioner for life and does the best he can within the system to gain power and respect. Naturally as more power is obtained the more control over those further down the chain, and with that comes contempt.

The jailed can also choose escape. That is the greastest supendenous feat their is, and only a true magician could have a hope of doing it.

The magician realises power cant be created or destroyed. Hes a true artician who use volition of will to manipulate the movement of power. He proclaims to own nothing and nothing proclaims to own him, and yet power moves at his volition.

edit on 29-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Bluesma

But most of all, just as the person in powerless roles will feel that pressure of the Will to Power inside them being oppressed,
So will the person in the power role feel the pressure of the Will to Powerless inside them being repressed.

They each feel a part of them not being fulfilled and wanting so. The resentment is possible on both sides, and is often the source of just as many polluted systems and values on the side of the master mentality!

The only solution is for people to take control of their lives, and to be lazy and take action when they want, with the exception of handing their power over to another which will then be slavery.

So do whatever you want - powerful or powerless
Allow others to do the same (free-will)
and do not give your power away (otherwise you will not be able to make your own decisions).

The magician realises power cant be created or destroyed. Hes a true artician who uses volition of will to manipulate the movement of power. He proclaims to own nothing and nothing proclaims to own him, and yet power moves at his volition.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Freud explained Thanatos ... in the sense that we all have the instinct to revert to a previous state. Maybe, this is as insightful as N's view, especially since it has a psychological basis.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Okay.. Yeah.... I can see that. We do have a habit of saying, in english, "to have power" which probably isn't accurate. Though I think it attempts to describe more having control.

See, what I find funny is that almost everyone's first reaction is "we're all just wanting to have power and position and control over others and the world, that's just the way it is." -I agree, and it is what Nietzsche called Will to Power.

Less oftenly admitted though, is that we also have the Will to be Powerless... to have someone else be in control!
The loss of self isn't always what we are running from and afraid of. The act of creation, for example, has a certain joy in the loss of ego control- whether were talking about innovative ideas, or sex!

The conscious mind likes to nod and say, yes, yes, I like to be control. I like to have power. I am drawn to that!
But something else (which I suspect might be designated as the body) likes comfort and security. more than power, and is drawn to that. But we don't admit it as easily because
it is against our current cultural values!

I wonder..... if it was more culturally acceptable and recognized to admit that, would it be lived out and manifested in less passive aggressive ways? With less bitterness, with more acceptation of personal responsibility? ("I chose not to choose" ?).

Or would that be counter-productive to the intent of losing sense of power??

During a very active lucid dreaming period years ago , I was having a dream in which I was in my own house and surroundings, and people I knew were around me. I knew I was dreaming and had coomplete control over everything they did. I could even make personages appear (celebrities, and whatnot), or disappear, or morph into something else.

Soon, I got BORED with that. I realized that it is more fun to NOT be in control, to have the characters in my dream seem to have a life and mind of their own, have events surprise me. I actually ended up deciding I didn't want that control. My very lucid dreams at that time stopped- or at least I lost some measure of control. I still have ones in which I can take up control, but never to the extent I had gotten back then.

That was just a dream..... but it was very thought provoking!!! Made me consider this reality- we say we are prisoners of an illusion at times, or powerless against the reality,
and New Age stuff tells us we aren't and we can take the power,
and everyone assumes they should and must!

But after that dream, I sit there wondering- but is that what I want?
Am I prisoner, or playing a game I chose?

and if I choose again, today, I ruin the experience by reminding myself that I actually have the power!
edit on 29-9-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
...... ah heck, just ignore that ^ . I didn't sleep a wink last night because of a toothache, and my mind is scrambled, I think I rambled right out of the topic!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Your post had a lot of descriptors and posed questions. The pursuit of inner knowledge is a bit like this. Heres a person living in a house and they have friends and lifestyle which is very comfortable. As the years go by the person in the house realises something about his/her life style. Its comfortable and safey yet its become predicatable and boring.

One day the person decides to do something about the bordeom and travels on the road to a holiday beach resort. The person decide well im gonna stay here indefinitely this is much more comfortable than my home life. The months go by and the same thing happens again, the person becomes bored despite now even having greater comforts than before.
The person feeling a bit despaired looks around at the beach landscape and notices more detail than before. The beachline goes for miles and then dissapears into a mysterious looking mountain shaped recess.

The person decides well thats what i need a little adventure. The person being a bit wary of wandering off down a secluded coastline alone enlists the services of a guide to chaperone him. It just turns out unbeknowing to him his chaperon is a local shaman.

The shaman being an astute reader of people notices his client is a kinda boring dude and the journey hes on is really a journey to seek enlightenment.The shaman journeys with him up the coastline with the plan to camp on the shore line and the journey will take a few days on foot.

On the journey the shaman fills his travelling client with stories about shamans off old how initiates would follow the same path with their teacher to the mountain recess in whic resides the Altar of power.

The traveller intrigued and excited asks the shaman if any sign of the alter was still present. The shaman replies yes it is still there but it can only be made visible by those who have chosen to seek its power for enlightenment.

So they finally get their after a few days in foot and the Shaman with his travelling client are standing at the foot of the recess and there is mist and low wail humming sound in the air. The Shaman tells the traveller you must walk in the recess alone and if you have enough personal power you will see the Altar of power. So the traveller slowly and cautiously walks in to the dark recess which path is filled with a strange luminousity.

Ten minutes later he walks out and stares at the shaman and spurts out excitedly wow you had me going there, the altar of power., yeh right. Its just an empty areas with spot sof vegetation and trees. The shaman replies well its like this you made your life choice to be the crashing bore.

edit on 29-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join