It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government planning on shutting down LEGAL BUSINESS - because they don't like it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

your troll power is useless.....hahaha

I have the power of anti troll....."and I click away to more pleasant threads not filled with garbage."

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

well, they can only print the money by agreement of the gov't....
if the gov't decides it no longer wants them to print that money, and take that constitutional power back, well....
I guess the fed could go find another country stupid enough to create a similar agreement with...
or, well, they could continue printing the money and be charge with counterfieting!!!

it's sole business is to take over a portion of a duty that the constitution has made clear is the federal gov'ts job to handle!! it's a stupid business model to have just one product or service for one client....
they should have diversified!
but, it is perfectly within the gov'ts right to end the agreement with the fed. weather or not that ends the fed was and always has been up to the fed.....they should have been out there conning other countries into their scam and printing paper money for them also!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

your troll power is useless.....hahaha

I have the power of anti troll....."and I click away to more pleasant threads not filled with garbage."

Ahh the old, "I can't argue with your point, so I'll call you a troll" gambit.

niiiiice.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

well, they can only print the money by agreement of the gov't....
if the gov't decides it no longer wants them to print that money, and take that constitutional power back, well....
I guess the fed could go find another country stupid enough to create a similar agreement with...
or, well, they could continue printing the money and be charge with counterfieting!!!

it's sole business is to take over a portion of a duty that the constitution has made clear is the federal gov'ts job to handle!! it's a stupid business model to have just one product or service for one client....
they should have diversified!
but, it is perfectly within the gov'ts right to end the agreement with the fed. weather or not that ends the fed was and always has been up to the fed.....they should have been out there conning other countries into their scam and printing paper money for them also!

Ahhh so once a business has an agreement with the government the government can cancel the agreement whenever...

Sweet business model.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

well if the gov't contracts with a business to make parts for their jets, and then finds out that those parts are making the jets fall out of the sky,
do you want the gov't to be able to cancel that contract? and why in heavens name is the company not venturing out and find other contracts from the public sector?'

and they aren't even cancelling the contract...I don't think...it is expiring this year. they are deciding on weather they want to extend it or not!!!

edit on 27-7-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Ahhh so once a business has an agreement with the government the government can cancel the agreement whenever...

Sweet business model.

ya...once that agreement has expired...they can choose whether to renew or not...

this audit will essentially tell them whether they should renew or not...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
OP, you're suggesting that the rights of a private business are more important than the rights of the people.

You fail.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
OP, you're suggesting that the rights of a private business are more important than the rights of the people.

You fail.

Actually, I'm suggesting that Libertarians believe that businesses must be allowed to self-regulate.

Ron Paul is supposedly a Libertarian, and yet he and his big business cronies are trying to regulate a business.

Which is it?

"The only proper role of government in the economic realm is to protect property rights, adjudicate disputes, and provide a legal framework in which voluntary trade is protected." - Libertarian Party Platform

"We defend the right of individuals to form corporations, cooperatives and other types of companies based on voluntary association. We seek to divest government of all functions that can be provided by non-governmental organizations or private individuals. We oppose government subsidies to business, labor, or any other special interest. Industries should be governed by free markets. " Libertarian Party Platform

Note that last line:

"Industries should be governed by free markets."

The Federal Reserve is, "A secretive, private, government ordained corporation" - Ron Paul

Therefore, the Fed should be " governed by free markets". Not the Congress or the President.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

The Libertarian model has no room for government oversight of industry.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

And if they renew it?

That's it then, yes? No more auditing, no more calls for it to be ended do to it's "unconstitutionality"?

Let the market decide if it's valuable?

No more anti-Libertarian meddling by the incompetent government?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Actually, ending the charade that the Federal Reserve is not part of the federal government and is in fact a private business that is solely supported by tax payer dollars is very Libertarian. Do not forget that the slave trade was a private business as well that was also supported by the federal government.

Might also keep in mind that both the Revolutionary War and the Civil War were touched off by a group of individuals that thought they were being over taxed unfairly. Libertarians tend to get their back up over such things as well, especially when that tax money is wasted in their opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Actually, ending the charade that the Federal Reserve is not part of the federal government and is in fact a private business that is solely supported by tax payer dollars is very Libertarian. Do not forget that the slave trade was a private business as well that was also supported by the federal government.

Might also keep in mind that both the Revolutionary War and the Civil War were touched off by a group of individuals that thought they were being over taxed unfairly. Libertarians tend to get their back up over such things as well, especially when that tax money is wasted in their opinion.

Right, so you're claiming Libertarians think private businesses should be shut down, if they harm people?

And guess what, it's NOT solely supported by tax dollars. It makes a profit.

Federal Reserve turns $77 billion profit

money.cnn.com...

And they've been making 10s of Billions (With a B) for years:

www.washingtonpost.com...

So, yeah, the market has spoken the Fed is a good business (77 billion a year good) and you're claiming the markets are wrong, and that Libertarians agree with government shutting a private business?
edit on 27-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The Federal Reserve is, "a secretive, private, government ordained corporation" - Ron Paul

"We own the Federal Reserve. There is this misconception that the Federal Reserve is a private entity" - Gary Johnson

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You fail.

Actually, I'm suggesting that Libertarians believe that businesses must be allowed to self-regulate.

Ron Paul is supposedly a Libertarian, and yet he and his big business cronies are trying to regulate a business.

Which is it?

"The only proper role of government in the economic realm is to protect property rights, adjudicate disputes, and provide a legal framework in which voluntary trade is protected." - Libertarian Party Platform

"We defend the right of individuals to form corporations, cooperatives and other types of companies based on voluntary association. We seek to divest government of all functions that can be provided by non-governmental organizations or private individuals. We oppose government subsidies to business, labor, or any other special interest. Industries should be governed by free markets. " Libertarian Party Platform

Note that last line:

The Federal Reserve is, "A secretive, private, government ordained corporation" - Ron Paul

Therefore, the Fed should be " governed by free markets". Not the Congress or the President.

Note the line about special interests. Do you really think American's still want blood over 9/11? Why is every troop not back at home after Osama was killed? I can assure you most people would not, not only for the price tag, but for moral issues sicking our military on the rest of the world.

Once you see that terms like Republicans/Democrats/Libertarians mean actually nothing at all you can start to grasp the concept of why people want the fed to be reformed from top to bottom.

All those "parties" do is put people into separate organizations so they can bicker between themselves while American's (and other countries citizens through other "legal businesses") are blindly robbed.

The money created by the fed is not backed by anything, so in dire circumstances, if anything were to happen, a majority of people would be SOL.

Whats the harm in making information obtained through an audit available to the public if it is a public service with no ties to the government in any way?

Please just answer me that? Thats all I want.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487

You fail.

Which is it?

Note that last line:

Note the line about special interests. Do you really think American's still want blood over 9/11? Why is every troop not back at home after Osama was killed? I can assure you most people would not, not only for the price tag, but for moral issues sicking our military on the rest of the world.

Once you see that terms like Republicans/Democrats/Libertarians mean actually nothing at all you can start to grasp the concept of why people want the fed to be reformed from top to bottom.

All those "parties" do is put people into separate organizations so they can bicker between themselves while American's (and other countries citizens through other "legal businesses") are blindly robbed.

The money created by the fed is not backed by anything, so in dire circumstances, if anything were to happen, a majority of people would be SOL.

Whats the harm in making information obtained through an audit available to the public if it is a public service with no ties to the government in any way?

It's a business not a public service, says Ron Paul.

One more thing, the money IS backed by something, the US government.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487

You fail.

Which is it?

Note that last line:

It's a business not a public service, says Ron Paul.

One more thing, the money IS backed by something, the US government.

Do they take in profits? Yes. Though interest they loan to the government. They are a business.

Our government is over 17 trillion in debt. You cannot back something up with debt.

Is it really this hard to actually want more people to realize how they have been used all throughout their lives for someone else's profit?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A few things that make this thread completely useless..

Businesses and citizens get audited every year at random by the government. Sometimes they are audited because of suspicious activity.. Why shouldn't a privatized bank parading around as a government institution be held to the same standard? The federal reserve is a privately held organization that PRINTS money that is no longer backed by a valuable commodity like gold. If you knew anything about the constitution and our founding fathers.. You'd know that this sort of thing was explicitly stated as being a danger to our nation's well being and should never have happened. The Federal Reserve was put into place behind closed doors without many people knowing.. It was a scam from the start with some of the richest Men of the era and the US Government. It has worked beautifully for them until now... The system couldn't go on forever.

Ron Paul and libertarians aren't trying to shut down private business.. He is auditing them in hopes that it may expose the billions of our tax dollars that are appropriated for bull#. If the fed is exposed we might get some freaking reform with our banking system which would ultimately lead to a healthier economy.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
warning warning troll alert!

dear long lost troll... are you fuk'in kidding me?

the FED is a private company and it should be disbanded for the insider and cronry capitalism it represents. At one time I might see where the government might need help with its money distribution but in the world today of computers it is an outdated concept draining the economy

now that I fed the FED troll I am moving on!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

Businesses and citizens get audited every year at random by the government. Sometimes they are audited because of suspicious activity.. Why shouldn't a privatized bank parading around as a government institution be held to the same standard? The federal reserve is a privately held organization that PRINTS money that is no longer backed by a valuable commodity like gold. If you knew anything about the constitution and our founding fathers.. You'd know that this sort of thing was explicitly stated as being a danger to our nation's well being and should never have happened. The Federal Reserve was put into place behind closed doors without many people knowing.. It was a scam from the start with some of the richest Men of the era and the US Government. It has worked beautifully for them until now... The system couldn't go on forever.

Ron Paul and libertarians aren't trying to shut down private business.. He is auditing them in hopes that it may expose the billions of our tax dollars that are appropriated for bull#. If the fed is exposed we might get some freaking reform with our banking system which would ultimately lead to a healthier economy.

Thank you, couldn't get my thoughts from my head into a reply. Well said.

Not only do I think it will bring a healthier economy, but a healthier life for millions of hard working people. Maybe other countries would even lead by example and flush out their own criminals and truly make this world a better place.

One can hope.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

Oh they're NOT are they?

End the Fed is a 2009 book by Congressman Ron Paul of Texas. The book debuted at number six on the New York Times Best Seller list[1] and advocates the abolition of the United States Federal Reserve Bank.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join