It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did i just see a silent helicopter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I swear i was standing outside and above my head to the south a bit came this light, i could see a red light flashing very slowly on the tail, otherwise i would have thought it was a UFO but it passed over silently. So tell me the government doesn't spy on it's citizens, they probably have some infrared cameras and laser sound devices or something high tech.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

A drone?

Otherwise. I saw a really fast heli a few weeks ago. It wasn't silent, but it was as fast as a jet.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What was your location when you saw this object? Was it during the day or night? Is this the first time you have witnessed this?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I was just thinking, could it have been a blimp? or something of that nature. You didn't give an estimate of speed. Just thinking as quiet as some new heli blades can be, there is still no way of completely silencing a jet engine, the exhaust has to go somewhere and you can't completely muffle an engine, air comes in and needs to go out otherwise it stalls and might fall into your backyard.
Then you could investigate

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
it was totally silent at about 3:30 in minneapolis suburbs, i was stargazing,..for ufos and see this light turn on and fly over me. It looked like a helicopter from where i was.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Well then damn I have no idea. I was just watching some videos on youtube of the new 4 rotor uav that you can control with an iPhone but they are quite noisy as well.

ardrone.parrot.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

What was the distance between you and the aircraft? Are there any military bases or airfields near by?

Most Military and Police Helo's have FLIR, but to put a Laser Microphone on a helo would be pointless. A laser Microphone detects sound vibrations, a helo would put off to much vibration from flight and disrupt the microphone.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Silent craft are possible, well near silent.
As our technology advances it becomes more quiet.

As for active silent technology, all you need is a set of powerful speakers to broadcast a counter sound.
It doesn't become 100% silent and depending on your range won't do much.
What it does do is create interference that we don't interpret as sound we should pay attention to.
It turns the sound into white noise/background noise that we naturally ignore.

Now if it's flying by a means other than a rotating set of blades well that's a whole nother ball park.
There is more tech under the sun than is recorded in the patent offices.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Silent Helis are the thing of the past. I saw a Heli go cloak. WTF...............

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yes, there's silent, stealth, and ultra-fast copters. Thought everyone knew that already.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Exactly, Commanche is a prime example. Cloak Heli's are the new things.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by makemap
reply to post by RELDDIR

Exactly, Commanche is a prime example. Cloak Heli's are the new things.

You had me at Cloak Heli's, now I'm curious. I've never heard of this, can you link some info sources, please?

OP, I'd wage a guess that it could have been a drone. I've seen one over my neighborhood, and it scared me how quiet it was. I expected it to make considerable noise, but it was rather low on the decibel scale. If you stopped what you were doing & paid attention, you could hear it up there, probably....oh, no further up than some of our shorter business buildings, maybe 150 feet or so?

And yes, my husband and I, as well as our neighbor, are certain it was a drone. It was mid-afternoon and we were all ogling it out of curiosity. It was most certainly a drone.

new topics

top topics

join