It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown, Transparent Object Photographed over Maui

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
From the main UCB page:

Published: 3:19 PM 7/23/2012

Maui, Hawaii - 07-18-12

My friend who lives in Maui took this picture 2 days ago.

He said that he was taking multiple shots of the sunset and when he reviewed the pictures, he noticed the image on the left.

Have you ever seen anything similar?

He took about 20 shots at the time, and this is the only one that showed the image. He said that he never saw anything while shooting the pictures.

Furthermore, he said that many people have seen phenomena in that same location. People had described flying craft coming out of the ocean.

What's remarkable is its translucent structure; almost as if it is trying to camouflage around its environment.

Could be interesting to see the original photo.... I've asked for it to mods/admins over there.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

That's awesome... surely an alien space craft, or possibly an multidimensional being floating around. Maybe a Frisbee with some colorful lights, maybe a lens flare.

I'm going with swamp gas.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Now that looks cool.

I second, it's a new age lens flare.

Cool find.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I cant see it very well on my phone. Why isn't this ufo in the center of the frame? To me that says this object isnt important enough to the camera man for him to make it the main focus point of his pic. What I see on my phone screen looks like something made on MS paint...
I cant dismiss it just yet though

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Why isn't this ufo in the center of the frame? To me that says this object isnt important enough to the camera man for him to make it the main focus point of his pic.

Do you even read an article before posting? It was stated the photographer did not see anything when taking the photo's, he found this later, so why would it be centred?

Back to OP

It does look odd, sort of reminds me of a dream catcher for some reason. But it does not look real at all, not to me, it looks like it was added later to the photograph, not sure why, maybe the tonal quality from the light is wrong, not sure. However I will keep an eye on this post and watch others comments with interest

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Well the original photo is certainly needed, no exif data. Although it is odd that they would post such a small picture only 640x479. The website it was taken from under the report ufo section states " Remember, distribute only copies of reports or photos. Do not give the originals to anyone. Make a copy of everything related to the sighting. " Its certainly possible to copy a raw, tiff or jpeg at original size without quality degradation. It doesn't appear to be added, but the photo is so poor even at 400% zoom. I' have been proficient with SLR cameras for the last 20 years and have run my own photography business for the last 10 years. I have never seen a lens flare like that. I have spent many hours repairing lenses and cameras, but cant recall an image sensor or internals of a lens that would cause that. But who knows, could be moisture on the lens.....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
No I didn't, my browser gets gummed up with sites that aren't designed for mobile.
Sorry I didn't read it and thanks for answering my question, try that without the attitude next time k?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Looks like a bubble floating about 10 ft from the camera

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If you view it with a thermal setting you can see that the white lights or bars on
the object are giving off a heat signature. At least my Picasa 3 showed it as heat.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Looks like a transparent circular kite with some LEDs attached, flown by the folks camping out by the tree.

Considering the directions the people silhouettes are facing, none really seeming to be in a position or posture of rapt attention toward aliens invading their camp site, I'm sure they put it up there themselves.

If you're unfamiliar with circular kites, google them, and/or here's some pictures of circular kites:

I'm surprised the kite above never made it into the Carat drone/ufo argument. Ah, so funny.

Here's another that's extremely transparent except for the opaque black line patterns.

enjoy.

edit on 27-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Not sure about picasa, as I use ps cs5, but thermal filters usually just emphasize highlights and gives a thermal effect. So the people at the bottom should glow white as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nepatitan

Yup your right. Looked again, people were dark, no heat.

Thank you nepatitan

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
no prob

I've tried everything in photoshop but the quality is just to low. The emboss filter helps a little but not a lot.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
As the proud father of 2 very young children, I can tell you all without shadow of a doubt that this transparent object is a bubble. Nothing more, nothing less. Children love them.

www.worldslargestbubble.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
this was recorded further down the coastline in '07

reply to post by elevenaugust

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The circle with the dot in is the viewfinder of the camera. You can have it anywhere depending on what you want sharp. However the white squiggles are interesting and can physically have nothing to do with the viewfinder.
So it is an interesting picture.
I am a professional photographer BTW and I know a viewfinder when I see one.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

I've had opportunity to shoot with everything from Diana, Brownie, Argus, Hasselblad, Leica, Mamiya, Flagship Canon, Flagship Nikon, Yashica, and many many other model cameras in film and digital, 35mm format and Medium format.

Not ever have I ever seen the viewfinder target reticle show up on the final print.

I have concern for doubt regarding your stated credentials as a professional photographer.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
The circle with the dot in is the viewfinder of the camera. You can have it anywhere depending on what you want sharp. However the white squiggles are interesting and can physically have nothing to do with the viewfinder.
So it is an interesting picture.
I am a professional photographer BTW and I know a viewfinder when I see one.

Is the viewfinder suppose to show up in the photograph like that?

I see that Druscilla has the same issue....
edit on 7/27/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I totally agree, never seen a viewfinder end up in the finished photo. Especially because the mirror flips up/slides up before the screen opens to expose the film/image sensor.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by Hecate666

I've had opportunity to shoot with everything from Diana, Brownie, Argus, Hasselblad, Leica, Mamiya, Flagship Canon, Flagship Nikon, Yashica, and many many other model cameras in film and digital, 35mm format and Medium format.

Not ever have I ever seen the viewfinder target reticle show up on the final print.

I have concern for doubt regarding your stated credentials as a professional photographer.

LOL ditto although I am jealous you have shot with so many great cameras!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join