It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbine, New Life Church, Virginia Tech, Arizona, Aurora

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Should we do a collective reinvestigation on each of these cases, to look for similarities in the light of the Aurora massacre?

I happen to be of the opinion that we should.

Opening question. What ever happened to Jared Loughner? Any updates on him or did we all just forget?

Do we have collective amnesia when it comes to cases like these??

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ok first thought of the day to kick this one off... Of the instances I mentioned, all of them happened in a school, except for the one that happened with a congresswoman, the other in a church and finally a movie theater.

But chronologically, they started out in schools. Was this a way to indoctrinate, ramp up security in places it wasn't needed before? Gun control?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Should we do a collective reinvestigation on each of these cases, to look for similarities in the light of the Aurora massacre?

I happen to be of the opinion that we should.

Opening question. What ever happened to Jared Loughner? Any updates on him or did we all just forget?

Do we have collective amnesia when it comes to cases like these??

I agree with you that, if these cases were to be re-investigated, certain similarities may come to light. In fact, I'd say it's rather likely. My question for you however is how the discovery of such similarities would be beneficial to us. Do you feel as though there's some plot afoot, and that each of the aforementioned incidents is a component?

I'd be all for investigating relationships between these incidents, but have to wonder what it'd accomplish.

And as far as Jared Loughner goes, well, aren't they still debating whether or not he's fit to stand trial?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Also just wanted to add a little tidbit that I caught on the news live during the Columbine Massacre. The media reported that they stated they wanted to highjack a plane and fly it to New York and DC anyone else remember?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedComet

I dunno but this sounds like a hit as the mob would call it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Jared Lee Loughner ( /ˈlɒfnər/; born September 10, 1988)[1] is an American citizen charged with the shooting in Tucson, Arizona, on January 8, 2011, that killed six people, including Chief U.S. District Court Judge John Roll. The shooting also left 14 others injured, including U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords.[2] He has been indicted on 49 counts by federal grand juries in Arizona.[3][4]

He killed a US District Court Judge and shot a Congresswoman supposedly.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Yes, perhaps as a mob would call it; to instill terror and/or intimidate, however...

From what I understand (notice I did not say know) Government sponsored assassinations are made out to look like natural causes, etc. The exceptions would be if they needed a certain person or group to take the blame (false flag), or to rally support for an unpopular agenda (such as gun control).

Case in point (no link), The CIA made 16 unsuccessful attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro. I read this in a book, therefore no link; the book was called "The Company" if I remember correctly. None of these "attempts" were violent in nature, and they were meant to be well hidden, so as not to cause problems with certain other countries.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Hmmm. Good point, but I couldn't see Gabby Giffords as a real threat.

However, that does not invalidate your point.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Hmmm. Good point, but I couldn't see Gabby Giffords as a real threat.

Agreed. I don't understand that one either.

Perhaps that was the act of misdirection we always talk about, but I couldn't say for sure because the details of that shooting elude me...
edit on 7/27/2012 by visualmiscreant because: added comment

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Can we throw Nathan Van Wilkins in there? Link to thread in my sig. He shot 18 people days before Aurora.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I will say this, and mean it; most professionals don't make mistakes. If Mrs. Giffords was a mistake, this was probably not Government sponsored. Believe me, their guys are pros...

Unless we fall back to the misdirection argument...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Sure, but I don't think I even heard anything about that guy. I have seen his face in the news and something about a shooting though.

And he doesn't match the same general description of any of the other shooters. Maybe thats why?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Well she lived.

That could have been a mistake.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Well she lived.

That could have been a mistake.

You don't miss a thing; I like that...

I can't believe I hadn't flagged this thread yet; these things still have much to be discussed, from different perspectives especially. Anyway, I corrected that flag thing...

edit on 7/27/2012 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I have an eye for detail.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

And mine are drooping. I'll see you later on after I get some much needed sleep...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

The only thing I see in the majority of the cases is it was an environment when most people would be disarmed.
Jared who? Yep, he has been forgotten, the case was so densly shrouded and the only "real" victim ain't speaking.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

See you when your eyes sparkle again clean and new!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Sure, but I don't think I even heard anything about that guy. I have seen his face in the news and something about a shooting though.

And he doesn't match the same general description of any of the other shooters. Maybe thats why?

I think people are really being distracted with this issue of the appearance of a crazed lunatic. Perhaps that is the point. If anything though I can see them tying Van Wilkins to white supremacist groups etc because of his "look" . However there are similarities with the Aurora incident when we review the Tuscaloosa case. I have outlined them in my thread the types of weapon used, the times of the incidents, crowded location similar to other events in Aus/England that resulted in gun bans, Shooter had history of mental illness, if you watch the video of the Tuscaloosa event the shooter approaches in what seemed to me to be some type of vest or tactical straps and holsters. He bombed or commited arson on the property of an oilfield owned by a company called Capstone just prior to the event. His story faded though because of the 18 people shot not one died. Reason I think it may have been a botched attempt.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Not all cases have leaned towards gun legislation believe it or not.

I did a search on Youtube for the video of Pelosi and all the freaks holding hands after Holder was held in contempt, because she made a snide remark that I want to review. Cant find it though.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Do a google news search for the Southern Poverty Law Center. That one always holds interesting results.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join