It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natwest Bank are having problems processing funds AGAIN!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this.

Last night Sky News reported that some people were starting to have problems getting access to money in their Natwest bank accounts.

Here is the news article

I was expecting money to go into my account overnight however i have just checked and no payments have gone in, whats more, my account is showing as completely empty. I bank with RBS.

I have called the bank and they seem to be trying to play it down, they have told me that they are experiencing technical problems and that everything will be corrected as soon as possible. They would not commit to a timeframe, even when i pushed them.

I have since spoken to other colleagues who should have been paid (the company we work for makes its payments/banks with Natwest) and none of their money has gone in either.

Is anyone else experiencing any problems today?

***Edit to Add***

I have just checked twitter and it seems that lots of people are complaining about missing funds/money not going in.

edit on 27/7/12 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This is what I found which was posted yesterday..............

I am also with Natwest, so I will check my account later.........

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I have just read that, thanks

In all of the news articles they do seem to be saying that its now fixed however the evidence so far seems to contradict what they are saying, which is exactly the same as what happened last time.

I hope your money is all okay when you check later

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This seems to be happening more frequently than usual.

My Advice... Pull what money you have while you have it as soon as you can. I am no fear mongerer, but how many times are people going to keep going without what is their's while the banks are doing God knows what? You have money and need it, but can't get to it. I would have yanked my funds already. It makes one paranoid that one day whatever you have in there will be locked to where you will never be able to get it back. I hope they fix it for you folks soon regardless. It sucks to have money, but not be able to get to it.

I feel like J.G. Wentworth... It's my money and I need it now!!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I do agree mate.

I was suspicious of this last time but now im convinced that there is way more to this than we have been told.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

I transferred £100 between my natwest accounts yesterday for the weekly food shop and it disappeared! Thankfully it's appeared this morning. Good job because the cupboards are bare!

My mum was with natwest for 35 years, she has recently shipped out taking all her savings, everything to a local building society.

ETA: I paid my mortgage online yesterday too. Hopefully that hasn't been lost
I'll have to keep an eye on the situation!
edit on 27/7/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'm sure glad Waffle house pays every Sunday...In cash.

2nd

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

I am seriously considering doing the same, it really is beyond a joke.

Im trying to keep an eye on the situation too, i will post any other developments on here as soon as i find out.

Have a good day matey

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Here is the latest tweet from Natwest Help

"We continue to monitor our systems closely and will keep you fully informed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused"

Is it just me or does that not sound very promising

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

It doesn't sound promising at all! After my £100 disappeared yesterday I tried to phone natwest only to be on hold for about half an hour. I gave up and put the phone down without speaking to anyone only to realise the phone call (from my mobile) had cost £4.90!!!

Talk about adding insult to injury!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Geeze not again. It caused me so much hassle last time, If this happens again I'm going to move banks
I have heard metro is up and coming,

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Exactly the same with me last month.

I had been calling the number RBS had put up on their website, they even stated it was freephone for landline and mobiles (it was one of the 033 numbers if i remember). Later we found out that it wasn't free and we had been charged for the calls.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Ive not heard of metro, i will def take a look though.

As for me, i think im going to spend the day hollowing out my mattress ready to store my money, lol.

It does annoy me how the banks are all so casual about it when the reality is, their mistakes have the potential to ruin peoples lives.

I noticed that on a couple of the news articles they are referring to this new glitch as a "one off". How can they even say that? Its not a one off, it happened last month!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I'm not with this bank, because I'm American, but guys...please pull enough money to support yourself for a month. If you don't have enough to pull a month's worth out, pull a week or two, whatever you can afford. I'm not advocating a "bank run" I'm speaking for safety. If this problem of being unable to access to funds went on for a week, could you keep eating, paying for your gas, etc? Keep enough on you that a couple weeks without bank access will be a problem, but not an epic one.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I posted about this yesterday, and it got ignored?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I sorry but dident you brits learn from last time. Always have spare cash at home for when you get locked out of your bank accounts. this is not the last time its going to happen. Its going to keep happening until collapse.

top topics

join