It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Sending a Message in 1911........

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Time travel in the classical sense will never happen past the micro second time frame. There is a very good reason as we are moving through space in several distinct directions at the same time; the earths rotation, the earths orbit around the sun, the solar systems movement within the milky way, and the milky way movement in the Universe, and the universe's expansion / contraction as a whole.

A theoretical movement either forward or back in time would require ability to know exactly where in each of the above motions earth would be at a given point, which will never be possible. Travelling just 1 hour back in time would result in the individual appearing in outer space 11,000 Kilometers behind the earth, and that is based on a single motion. Factoring in the major motions would result in calculating the following per each hour of time travel;

1) 11,000 Kilometers out of place in regards to earths orbit around the sun
2) 900,000 kilometers per hour as the solar system moves through milky way
3) 1,080,000,000 kilometers per hour as the milky way travels through the universe
( this does not include the earths rotation and fluctuations in each of these motions)

So if the time traveler is going to travel just one hour back, they would need to calculate location of the earth in 4 distinct directions which is not possible.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

If you look real good at his mouth,seems as though there is the stub of a cigar or cigarette,
with a little ash on the end.

Anyone else see it ?

edit on 29-7-2012 by azureskys because: oops

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I think it is a man reading a piece of paper he is holding in his hand

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Many of you are saying that you cannot see a face, but I can.....The person is looking down at his hand, you can see his nose, it's quite a fat nose....well that's what I can see............

Exactly!...Leaning on Fence Looking DOWN at whatever said Person is Holding...Hat is high on Head...

Speaking of hat...What is between the Brim of the hat and the Head?
edit on 29-7-2012 by MrMysteryMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ryguyxiv

Lol. I couldn't stop laughing for the first few minutes of looking at it. All I could see was a monster too. But then I imagined that the light area was his nose. That was when I saw that the area where I thought his eyes were was actually hair and he was looking down at his hands.

I think the hat propped up on his head lends to the monster illusion too. Maybe he did that because it was falling off when he leaned over to look at his hand? Maybe his hair/head was sweaty.

With those kinds of hats your head can get to feel cramped and sweaty.
edit on 29-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Good pic and all, but there no sign of him being human. I can hardly see a face let alone a phone. The only thing i can make out about this boy is he not human he has a face like a monster in my point of view. Maybe he not a time traveler from are future but maybe another Universe. Maybe he a time travel who wanted to view are world and has land in that era. Hence why he seems to have kind of device in hand. Who know maybe i'm just insane and seeing things.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So I have been lurking a long time and I just signed up to reply to this post, Look at the whole picture, the man on the far right is better dressed, boots, hat, complete outfit, he is most likley a grown adult, nothing is wrong with his face I belive he has a full beard, and he is looking straight at the camrea.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Looks like cousin It wearing clothes to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunaire
reply to post by DCLXVI

In this painting from 1774 Marie Antoinette seems to be using some futuristic device with Louis the XIV. Not sure what it could be though, she must be a time traveler??

Strange book like device

edit on 27-7-2012 by gunaire because: correct mispelling

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
He is rolling a cigarette.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysteryMan

Many of you are saying that you cannot see a face, but I can.....The person is looking down at his hand, you can see his nose, it's quite a fat nose....well that's what I can see............

Exactly!...Leaning on Fence Looking DOWN at whatever said Person is Holding...Hat is high on Head...

Speaking of hat...What is between the Brim of the hat and the Head?
edit on 29-7-2012 by MrMysteryMan because: (no reason given)

A load of curly hair is between the brim of his hat and his head........

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

Originally posted by ryguyxiv

edit on 27-7-2012 by ryguyxiv because: (no reason given)

It's hard to if it's a phone or futuristic item.
edit on 27-7-2012 by ryguyxiv because: Typing error

Yeah, even though the picture is good quality, you can't see what is actually in his hand, which I suppose sparks the debate..........

WHY ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT WHAT HE IS HOLDING WHEN HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A FACE??? IM I GOING COMPLETELY NUTS AND ONLY I DOES NOT SEE THE DAMN FACE!?!!?!?!?

His hat is on the back of his head. You can make out his nose a little bit, he is just looking down at whatever he is holding. I can see a face.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

Zoom in, You'll see the Hat, then below that what appears to be a head piece perhaps a bandanna, and then you can make out the face and the rather large nose and lips and cheeks.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

What makes you think it was a modern object he was holding? It may have been a pocketwatch, which is the way most men hold pocketwatches.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

What makes you think it was a modern object he was holding? It may have been a pocketwatch, which is the way most men hold pocketwatches.

I am not saying for sure that they are holding a modern day object, it just appears to be like any sight you see in the world today. The pose and the way the person stands and looks at his hand is similar to someone checking their phone or sending a text.

Just to be able to look outside the box a little bit can spark ideas and discussion and many people are intrigued by the idea of time travel. None of us know whether time travel exists or indeed will exist, but this kind of thing sparks a flame and then others bring a kindling of ideas and the fire grows. People put photo's of what appears to be a UFO, some people believe them and others just mock and throw them aside. We all have a choice, we all believe different things.........

As for the pocket watch, then you could be correct, but it could also be a man counting his money, rolling tobacco, looking at his hand for the shopping list he wrote on there earlier, looking into a mirror or asking to be beamed up by Scottie...................

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The way he's holding it makes me think pocket watch.And its a guy not a kid.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

He should have time traveled back to 1912 and stood there as they boarded the Titanic.

Inflatable life rafts for sale $5 each !

Or he could board the Titanic with a new pair of binoculars and stand near the bridge.

Oh, captain....is that an iceberg i see there?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I got my magnifying glass out and the boy on the far right....has a bunch of thick dark curly hair sticking out from his hat; he is looking down; his face is dark and yet his hands are light; the boy on the far left is holding a lunch pail...I am thinking that perhaps the boys are standing outside a school...and the boy leaning against the fence is perhaps looking to see how much lunch money he has.

Edit: I am thinking that perhaps his face shows up dark because of the shade on his face - provided by the hat he is wearing.

edit on 2-8-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The "kid" in the picture leaning against the fence looks like he has a beard. He doesn't look like a boy of 12 or so...he stands like an older guy. There are two other older men in the background, as well.

As for what he is holding, there is really no way to tell. It could be any small object.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

The boys and men were at work

www.shorpy.com...

Sagamore Mill Boys: 1911

Submitted by Dave on Tue, 06/28/2011 - 12:49am.

August 1911. Fall River, Mass. "Group containing the following boys who work in the Sagamore Manufacturing Co. Manuel Correira, 144 Cove Street, works in spinning room on top floor. Said, 'I only help mother.' He was apparently 13 or 14. Manuel Oliver, George Street, works in card room. Seems surely only 12 years old. Manuel Benevirdes, 30 Otto Street, works on top floor. Manuel Rage, 51 George Street, works in spinning room on fourth floor. John Oliver, 93 Slater Street, works in spinning room on third floor. Joseph Ariuda, 23 Shorr Street, works in spinning room on third floor." Photograph by Lewis Wickes Hine.

There are other photos of this Company. I believe it is a cotton mill and the boys spin thread on spools

j-walkblog.com.../weblog/posts/child_labor/

www.amazon.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join