It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Sending a Message in 1911........

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by Char-Lee

You on about his toe? Could be double-jointed, I can bend the end of my toes in near enough 360 degrees, if not an injury? Its a dark place in the coal mines, bound to stub your toe one in a while

No not "ON" about his toe, just responding to the TOE poster...with poor nutrition in a boys home in those days there were many deformities.

No No not on ABOUT THE TOE...

Then what are you on about? To me he just looks like an adverage kid from that era, dirty from work counting his pay

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That's not a kid. It's an adult with a mustache. You can see him cupping his right hand at about the correct height for a...

...pocket watch on a chain.

You can't really see what is in his hand, but there's no good reason to invoke cell phones here. If he had one up to his ear and you could see an antenna sticking out, like the older analog phones, I could see your point. But there's nothing here that points to time travel or cell phones.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is where OP gets his time travel photo thread idea from
planet1051.com...

Here is a youtube video of the another man using a cell phone before its time (the Charlie Chaplin refrence OP uses)

Here is a much higher resolution on picture in OP. With the better quality you can see the boy "texting" looking down at whatever is in his hand.

Source: www.shorpy.com...

Background info on original photo:

August 1911. Fall River, Mass. "Group containing the following boys who work in the Sagamore Manufacturing Co. Manuel Correira, 144 Cove Street, works in spinning room on top floor. Said, 'I only help mother.' He was apparently 13 or 14. Manuel Oliver, George Street, works in card room. Seems surely only 12 years old. Manuel Benevirdes, 30 Otto Street, works on top floor. Manuel Rage, 51 George Street, works in spinning room on fourth floor. John Oliver, 93 Slater Street, works in spinning room on third floor. Joseph Ariuda, 23 Shorr Street, works in spinning room on third floor." Photograph by Lewis Wickes Hine.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunaire
reply to post by DCLXVI

In this painting from 1774 Marie Antoinette seems to be using some futuristic device with Louis the XIV. Not sure what it could be though, she must be a time traveler??

Strange book like device

edit on 27-7-2012 by gunaire because: correct mispelling

Bwahahaha!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
reply to post by homeslice

What 12 yr old boy? I see a monster getting picked pocketed by a weird arm coming over the fence????

I didn't buy the 'cell phone' idea from the get go....he could literally be holding anything....The 'alien head' was pretty freaky, but I finally see the face now....(It's the angle of the hat that keeps throwing people off...It gives the illusion that you should see the face straight forward when it's actually at an angle downwards).....But now I can't help but see that mysterious arm pickpocketing the guy! It's as if, every time something's explained in the photo, there's some new mystery that pops up!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

reply to post by Char-Lee

You on about his toe? Could be double-jointed, I can bend the end of my toes in near enough 360 degrees, if not an injury? Its a dark place in the coal mines, bound to stub your toe one in a while

No not "ON" about his toe, just responding to the TOE poster...with poor nutrition in a boys home in those days there were many deformities.

No No not on ABOUT THE TOE...

Then what are you on about? To me he just looks like an adverage kid from that era, dirty from work counting his pay

Whatchu on about Troll? Get your reading glasses out. Clearly not a kid, pretty clearly a pipe in his hand.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
To me it looks like he is whittling a little piece of wood and he has a pocket knife ( like everyone had back then ) in his other hand . I love old pictures !!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How can someone text in the past if they didn't have signal then? Lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

here something interesting I found while researching the Charlie Chaplin video...

thought you might be interested...
edit on 27-7-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Are you people talking about the double sided tin match safe era 1914.. that guy is holding in his hand..
or is it a spittoon kinda gets to fuzzy to see doesnt it..either way

you people only see what you want to see..or what your mind can comprehend.. you are so used to seeing people walking around with cellphones you dont take into account there are many diffrent objects he could be holding we simply dont use anymore. so oviously to you it couldnt be anything but a cellphone..or ipod..

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

Originally posted by davethebear
Following on from the Charlie Chaplin time traveller debate from a couple of years ago which really intrigued me, I came across this photograph from 1911, this morning. It may have already been posted, but I am not sure.

The photo seems to be a group of boys all congregating together for a photograph, but the guy on the right hand side who is leaning on the fence seems to be playing on his mobile/cell phone, maybe sending a text message.

Obviously the boy in question is either sorting out some change in his hand or looking at a pocket watch. Or maybe he is an actual time traveller, who knows?

If you are going to write a reply, please don't keep going on about cell phone masts as folks did on the Charlie Chaplin debate. Just think out of the box a little bit, if time travel is possible, then I am sure that there would/will be other ways of using technology in order to communicate.........

Ill try to find where the face is on that head then ill investigate the cell phone. I mean seriously im i the only one here who fails to see any human trait on the face of the guy at the right of the picture???
edit on 27-7-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

Umm, what the hell are you talking about?

Try using a zoom feature if you have one on your computer, or browser.

If you zoom in, you can clearly see the boy looking down at whatever it is that he's holding..

I guess it looks strange coz of the fact he's lookin down, & you're mostly looking at his curly hair.

Chill out.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
Ok beautiful picture by the way

What i see ... could be a harmonica.

Love and harmony
Whateva

No, it's a tin of chewing tobacco.

I'm pretty sure that if you took a mobile 'phone back then, that you wouldn't be able to text anyone. To do that requires another mobile 'phone and a cellular radio network (with towers & things).

The 'photo is less than clear and to make such assumptions on so little evidence shows only that the OP has an active imagination.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
Umm, what the hell are you talking about?

Try using a zoom feature if you have one on your computer, or browser.

If you zoom in, you can clearly see the boy looking down at whatever it is that he's holding..

I guess it looks strange coz of the fact he's lookin down, & you're mostly looking at his curly hair.

Good point. I zoomed in at 400% and you can clearly see it is a kid looking down to his hand. I take back the mustache. Looks like something in a wrapper he's leaning on. It's not a pickpocket hand.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
IMHO
1.He is not a boy, he is a man.
2.He is looking down.
3.He is holding a clay pipe and we see the stem.
4.His other hand has the tobacco pouch in it.

That's a good answer, I like that one.............

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

And how can you see that he is playing with a cell phone?? There is not enough resolution in that picture to see what he holds in his hand. It could be literally anything. It does not even look like a cell phone to me.

I must admit there is something weird with this face though...
edit on 27-7-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

No, there is not enough resolution to actually see anything, if indeed the boy concerned is actually holding anything at all. Like people have already said, he is probably counting his daily wage, looking at a pocket watch or rolling tobacco for his clay pipe. Even though I have a great interest with time travel and its possibilities I just wanted to post the photo to spark debate and conversation. But we never know what technology has been invented or will be invented, but the idea that you could be looking at some person from the future who is appearing in the past is a very intriguing idea. But for people to keep banging on about life of batteries and phone masts really annoys me. Why can't people think outside the box a little bit and realise that the developments of technology could alter communication systems in futures times/years to come............

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

here something interesting I found while researching the Charlie Chaplin video...

thought you might be interested...
edit on 27-7-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

Hi, Thanks for your post about the vest pocket phone. I have seen this article before when the Charlie Chaplin time traveller film footage was about around 2 years ago. It was the Charlie Chaplin debate that got me on to ATS in the first place and found it very intriguing. I do not believe that the Charlie Chaplin time traveller film footage has really been debunked, I followed it from the start and I don't believe that any person on ATS gave a good reasonable answer as to what the person concerned was doing on that day or indeed why at one point stopped to actually look into the camera. It still intrigues me now, my main reason being that we as normal everyday human beings do not know what technology has been developed and what possibilities are being tried out or indeed being used at this moment in time in order to visit past times etc. As for Mr Alden, he was a man thinking outside the box and the possibilities that have certainly come into every day use now........

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowcast
The chaplin photo was debunked and this one could possibly be the same circumstances, in the era the first hearing aids came with packs about that size, it was identified by the company who made it. I believe it was in an article on cracked.

Do you really believe that the Charlie Chaplin time traveller debate was debunked? I followed it from beginning to where it still stands at present and I don't really believe that any great evidence was put forward to actually say what the person concerned in the film footage was actually doing with their left hand up to their left ear. The part of the film where he/she actually stops and appears to look into the camera I still find unanswered.........

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

lol thanks I see it now that angle was throwing me off..and yeah I think your right and once the pickpocketing arm is debunked someone will notice the

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It looks like he's just rolling a smoke.

Now, if you had have pointed out that he looks like a werewolf wearing a gasmask then you might have had something....

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This is obviously a school photo, and this boy is texting his Mom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join