It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Sending a Message in 1911........

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here is an enlargement:

Very weird, even his neck is dark.

One of the boys has an alien toe!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I can see the face clearly, before people had to point it out with colours, and the object he is holding could be anything at all, to make the leap to mobile phone is a bit of a stretch really? It's most probable it is anything but a mobile phone isn't it.
Also if someone travelled back in time, why go to an anonymous time and place? Surely you would go to see major events like was Jesus a miracle worker who rose from the dead, who actually built the pyramids, what happened to Atlantis, what wiped out the Dinosaurs, who shot JFK.....
Not turn up af a photo shoot and not even be in it properly.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ok the only problem I have is these photographs took a long time (due to exposure times) and it would have been obvious to the Time Traveler they would be in the photo.

Now other cases like the Lady with a communication device looked like they were caught on accident.

I would think there would be some sort of Directive against being filmed to prevent paradox or other time travel related problems.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ok, brace yourself, I'm going to bring logic into this thread...

First 1912 was a year well into the industrial revolution. Guessing by the face/skin being so dark, and the man rarther young, he was most likely working in a coal mine. Like most working class boys/young men in that time.
Second, he could be about to roll a cigerette (as another poster pointed out about the tabacco) or, trying to clean the dirt from under his nails, or most likely, just got his pay for the days work, and is counting it too check that it is right. Coal mining was a very very dirty, and not well paid job.

No phone/futuristic device. At this time there was still capital punishment and the UK was a very christian country, as well as irrational. If he was from the future/using a future device, he would certainly not use it in public, or even take it with him down the mine.

Calm down everyone, he is no monster, he is a miner.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
who would he call ??
how would he charge it?
wouldnt other people have noticed?
and so on...

oh and if it was an iphone this would have been the day of his arrival because otherwise the battery would be dead already
#ihatesmartphones

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

And how can you see that he is playing with a cell phone?? There is not enough resolution in that picture to see what he holds in his hand. It could be literally anything. It does not even look like a cell phone to me.

I must admit there is something weird with this face though...
edit on 27-7-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If time travel is possible, why wouldn't communication from one time to another be possible? Besides, (I may be showing my age here) hasn't anyone ever watched "Quantom Leap"?

Townsend Brown claimed to have a radio that could transmit a signal from one radio to another instantaneously.

www.gravitycontrol.org...

I say it may be possible to travel and communicate through time.

Pladuim

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by ryguyxiv

edit on 27-7-2012 by ryguyxiv because: (no reason given)

It's hard to if it's a phone or futuristic item.
edit on 27-7-2012 by ryguyxiv because: Typing error

Yeah, even though the picture is good quality, you can't see what is actually in his hand, which I suppose sparks the debate..........

WHY ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT WHAT HE IS HOLDING WHEN HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A FACE??? IM I GOING COMPLETELY NUTS AND ONLY I DOES NOT SEE THE DAMN FACE!?!!?!?!?

He looks like a werewolf!

People can see what is in his hand? Really?

If I were going to make someone wear period costume on a time travel trip, I would certainly make sure any "cell phone" were disguised as a local object, so then we should never see anything odd.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

And how can you see that he is playing with a cell phone?? There is not enough resolution in that picture to see what he holds in his hand. It could be literally anything. It does not even look like a cell phone to me.

I must admit there is something weird with this face though...
edit on 27-7-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)
[/quot

What if you had a batter that didn't need to be charged?

Check this out!
mrchillersalternativeenergy.blogspot.com...

Pladuim

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r
Ok, I have to chime in on this one.

The very first thing I noticed about this guy was his face. I enlarged the image but still no real visable features. That being said, the lighting is quality enough to make out any visible features if they were there.

Also, if you notice the angle of his hat brim he is looking straight ahead for the most part. Either he is wearing some sort of mask (Burlap perhaps?) or this could be some sort of Photoshop hack.

Could the OP please post a link to where this photo is found.

Edit to add: Looking at the photo notice the angle of light coming down. It fully illuminates the mans boots with a shine and is striking his knee and shoulder. The darkened effect on his face in not a shadow as if you look you can see the shadow of his hat brim and also the darker effect to the right on his shoulder.

Now I am wondering what the heck
edit on 27-7-2012 by miner49r because: Noticed the angle of lighting..

Could be a burn victim or something.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

The very first thing I noticed about this guy was his face. I enlarged the image but still no real visable features. That being said, the lighting is quality enough to make out any visible features if they were there.

Also, if you notice the angle of his hat brim he is looking straight ahead for the most part. Either he is wearing some sort of mask (Burlap perhaps?) or this could be some sort of Photoshop hack.

Edit to add: Looking at the photo notice the angle of light coming down. It fully illuminates the mans boots with a shine and is striking his knee and shoulder. The darkened effect on his face in not a shadow as if you look you can see the shadow of his hat brim and also the darker effect to the right on his shoulder.

Or, 99% more likely, a factory worker or coal miner.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patifier
Here is an enlargement:

Looks like a deformed foot, can't wear a shoe.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomjo
Okay, here is a *slightly* higher resolution version of the photograph.

From what I can see, if you look at his left hand he's holding a tube like object and has just poured something into his right hand and is looking at what he poured.

I can see his face fine in this picture.

edit on 27-7-2012 by tomjo because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2012 by tomjo because: spelling mistakes

Yes pipe and tobacco like someone said, seems pretty reasonable the way it is held.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Or, 99% more likely, a factory worker or coal miner.

it does not look like dirt, it looks like lumpy and proportions off like elephant man to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

You on about his toe? Could be double-jointed, i can bend the end of my toes in near enough 360 degrees, if not an injury? Its a dark place in the coal mines, bound to stub your toe one in a while

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

He is looking down with the hat on the back side of his head.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Lets say for sake of your argument he is time traveler. It wouldn't matter if he had a cell phone because it wouldn't work whatsoever in our time. Just because you come back doesn't mean that he can communicate into the future because it doesn't exist on the timeline he just entered.

I don't think you could go back to where he came from because his presence here altered the timeline he was from so he would return to a similar time but not the same if he could go back which i don't think is possible. Once you go forward or back your stuck there forever.

Therefore its more likely he's holding a book or a picture of a woman cuz by the looks of this picture he probably doesn't see them too often.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
reply to post by DCLXVI

He is looking down with the hat on the back side of his head.

Then why can you see the hat band so clearly?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by Char-Lee

You on about his toe? Could be double-jointed, I can bend the end of my toes in near enough 360 degrees, if not an injury? Its a dark place in the coal mines, bound to stub your toe one in a while

No not "ON" about his toe, just responding to the TOE poster...with poor nutrition in a boys home in those days there were many deformities.

No No not on ABOUT THE TOE...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patifier
Here is an enlargement:

No matter how hard I try, I can't stop seeing this:

Weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>