It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid Fault And Concurrent Localized Heat Wave - Manufactured Quake Coming?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Is the ongoing heat wave centered over the middle of the country, specifically over the area of the New Madrid fault, the result of a program of weather modification designed to heat up the fault with the aim of triggering a massive quake? Is something like this even possibe.

I was thinking about this throughout the day and decided to thread it to see what people have to say about this (outlandish?) idea. I'd like to hear from both sides: debunkers and their fringe minded counterparts such as myself.

With all the talk of false flags, martial law, TBTB aiming to trigger natural disasters during 2012 and the like, it struck me as something worthy of discussion.

New Madrid Fault

www.scchealth.org...

U.S. Drought Through July 24, 2012
Notice how the area of drought centered on the New Madrid Fault is almost black in the map below

i.imwx.com...

Like focusing the sun's rays through a magnifying glass on an ant... Have they been heating up that specific area during this long and drawn out heat wave hoping for a trigger, and a subsequent massive quake? And all that would follow from such an event?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I am not sure this is possible to begin with, but as a "What If" it is something to ponder. I live on the opposite coast and fear "The Big One" for you guys in CA myself.

I can't wait to see what some our resident EQ experts and others have to say about this because your question has suddenly made me interested if it is indeed possible to do this. I can see several reasons right off as to why TPTB would want this devastation to occur for sure.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I don't know, but when the sky falls; I've got first dibs on the moon! I promised it to my wife a long time ago...

Man, I think most of us can only speculate on this one. All the hype with the Olympics and Aurora have our attention drawn away. It's good to see some are looking for the less than obvious. Living in Florida, I used to follow the New Madrid stuff, but like everyone else... well you know.

Good call though for a fresh look at old things...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The great quakes of 1811 and 1812 on the New Madrid fault happened to occur after a great storm moved through the area. I live in Northern Kentucky so I am always weary and monitoring things. I don't know for sure, but if the past is any indication, I would think that precipitation would have more effect on the tectonic plates than a localized heat wave. Heavy rains would make the ground heavier.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

I had that thought as well, and began considering the drought as the flipside to that coin. Hence the questioning nature of the thread: I have no clue as to whether or not the baking of the area of the fault might cause anything to happen. So I look forward to hearing from our resident earthquake and geology experts to fill in the gaps; I have virtually no knowledge of how something like this could be possible, or why it might be completely impossibe.

But I am happy to see that I've sparked something here. Interesting, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

It's definitely interesting, and this article (a blog unfortunately) tends to concur with toxicblud's idea about heavy rains. I'm gonna stay on this, but probably won't post again until I find something really good...

Anyway, here's the blog link

Disaster Chain Reaction

Here's a Bloomberg link with just the opposite idea in regards to the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake. Might be just to take the blame off the Three Gorges Dam. Politics might be involved in this one...

Drought? Earthquake?...

edit on 7/27/2012 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Thanks for the link. Will investigate further.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

There's no telling what we may have to go through to get straight answers on this one. Anyway, like you I will still be digging...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
there are a couple of stock answers to this together with some debunking of ideas.

"Rain makes the ground heavier so therefore a quake is more likely cause the ground is heavier!". Why does a heavier ground make a quake more likely. Change in ground structure may make a quake more likely and removing water from the water table is what could really mess things up at deep depths. It is not the first 100 meters you have to worry about.

"Man can't affect earthquakes because the forces involved are simply massive." This is my gut reaction at first, but: Then you think about breaking / shattering crystal with the right frequency sound waves and you need to rethink the possibilities. Watching a harmonic vibration destroy a bridge is truly fascinating.

The one overriding factor is that the Earth is a complex entity. Causing a weather anomaly at one point could, should and would mess up the weather for an entire hemisphere. If 'they' are playing God with the weather then they are very stupid people.

I think the same could be said for Earthquakes. Try to set one off in China and yo could end up destroying Japan or in fact yourself!

Just my thoughts.

Collectively, mankind is an idiot! The proof is in the MAD scenario.

P

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

If 'they' are playing God with the weather then they are very stupid people.

My thoughts exactly...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I really don't understand why people throw out random guesses and leave it to everyone else to wonder. I mean, if I made a thread for every random thing I wondered about.

Why not ask someone who studies earthquakes how a sustained drought would affect chances of an earthquake?

That could have been done, and then if you heard it could, you could have warned us.

Was it because it was more exciting to make a thread with "Manufactured quake coming [QUESTION MARK]"

Sensationalism coupled with ignorance. But, "everybody is doing it" and it's incredibly hard to stop.

ATS members rather sensationalism over truth?

There I can do it too.

ATS members rather put forth wild ideas than investigate their plausibility?

Did it again.

Doesn't get any of us anywhere. You do the research and figure it out, then come back and let us know. Unless, that is our job now that you just made the proposal.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
I really don't understand why people throw out random guesses and leave it to everyone else to wonder. I mean, if I made a thread for every random thing I wondered about.

Why not ask someone who studies earthquakes how a sustained drought would affect chances of an earthquake?

That's what I'm doing:

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by toxicblud

I had that thought as well, and began considering the drought as the flipside to that coin. Hence the questioning nature of the thread: I have no clue as to whether or not the baking of the area of the fault might cause anything to happen. So I look forward to hearing from our resident earthquake and geology experts to fill in the gaps; I have virtually no knowledge of how something like this could be possible, or why it might be completely impossibe.

But I am happy to see that I've sparked something here. Interesting, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I really don't understand

That is a true statement.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Sensationalism coupled with ignorance.

It certainly would be sensational if the New Madrid fault did the Big Heave-ho. And since I am ignorant as to whether the heat wave would affect the fault I deemed it prudent to pose these very questions in this thread.

Can you answer any of the questions I have asked? I really would like answers.
And apparently you would not.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
As someone who lives in southern Illinois I'll try to keep you all abreast of any tremors or such that I experience or that are reported in the area. I will say that in the last few years there has been a little upsurge of earthquake preparedness. But on the other hand they tend to do that about every 10 years or so.

And yeah.... the heat is friggin' ridiculous in this area. Local weather says we're 13 inches below average on rainfall.

So, here's to hoping is good news I get to report

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
All I can ask is, does the temps above ground affect fault lines?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

First of all, I want you to detract this thread, edit it, change the title, delete it, whatever you have to do...cause I would have never thought to have to add this to my list of things to fear-monger myself with (that sounds kinda strangely dirty...)

What with Nibiru coming, WWIII coming, false flags during the Olympics etc. now I have to add this??????!!!!

Seriously, I live on top of the New Madrid Fault in SE Missouri. After previously reading that the quakes in the 1800s occurred seemingly after storms, when we have a significant storm around here, I get somewhat nervous. We haven't had any rain to speak of in quite some weeks. After tonight's storm that went through, again got that feeling. Tonight's was a bit different than storms I remember in the past...loooooots of lightening, thunder that lasted for 10s of seconds, instead of just seconds, and you could feel it very prominently as well as hear it, not to mention the thunderclaps that sounded just like big fireworks going off.

I really do hope that someone chimes in here regarding heat/vs earthquakes...would be very interested to hear hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Here is just the thing I was looking for:

Earthquake weather
en.wikipedia.org...

Some recent research has found a correlation between a sudden relative spike in atmospheric temperate 2-5 days before an earthquake. It is speculated that this rise is caused by the movement of ions within the earth's crust, related to the oncoming earthquake. However, in this case the atmospheric changes are caused by the earthquake, rather than causing it.

This refutes my idea. I have yet to find anything to support my idea.
See... I'm not obtuse.
Just looking for answers.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Last year they said the flood would trigger a quake, and that they was using HAARP to cause the floods that was gonna cause a quake, then they was gonna blow the levies and that was gonna cause a quake.

So far no quake!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Your not completely off just seems it would be the other way around. we can all agree we've learnt something from your thread, well atleast I have

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join