It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw something that I'm at a loss to explain.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Your proposal makes some sense. Though it might not be a time slip precisely, but more of a residual "haunting". My parents experienced an auditory one in a house rented to them by the army when my dad was still a soldier. They'd awaken nearly every night to the sounds of a man (heavy footfalls, made them think a man, not a woman) taking a shower and going through a whole normal hygiene routine. The house was a detached colonial so they were not hearing a neighbor. The sounds were definitely in their bathroom. My dad would investigate and the sounds would stop as soon as he opened the bathroom door or turned on the lights if the door was already open. It was not, apparently a sentient apparition. It was just a looped auditory event that replayed over and over for whatever reason. There were no other paranormal occurrences in that house that they ever mentioned to me, so it was not a typical haunting.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Reminds me of this

2:30 - 4:00

www.youtube.com...

and this

www.youtube.com...

So assuming you're telling the truth and you're not crazy, weren't drunk, high, too tired then I'd say the car(s) became invisible or vanished in thin air. Your guess is as good as ours. Just hope they are not after you.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Maybe invisible cloaks exist and are used and whoever was in the car didn't want to be followed by you.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The reason I say no to a time slip, other than not really believing in them, is that there has never been a left turn there. Always been fenced in pasture.

I could totally understand you guys thinking I was crazy or drunk or something. I give you my word that I was in a completely sound and sober state of mind, and not tired at all. My sleep patterns are pretty normal with variation of like an hour or two.

It really seemed like some form of residual event to me, it's just so weird because that is the only explanation that makes any sense to me. I've never experienced anything that the paranormal explanation made more sense than a down to earth one.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think the driver of the BMW realised you were following him and made a effort to ditch you. He probably just made it seem like he turned or pulled over, turned out all his lights and took off. I used to do it all the time when we used to play headlight tag.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Where in the world do you live? I live in the uk and early 90s bm s and mercs are not an unusual sight on our roads

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Oklahoma.

It's not that the cars were unusual, it's that one of them drove into nothing.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I actually think this is a very interesting post, and there are actual moments where you can kind of feel how creepy or scary the whole scenario actually is.. the cars were either 1980's or 1990's-- that's actually kind of vintage by now, so if you go to a salvage or wreck yard and take a look at some of the older cars you might be able to gain some insight into your experience, I would try that. Also, I'm wondering if you spoke about these car make and models to any of your family members who live in the houses on that street, maybe they might have some input also, you never know. And then my other idea, or rather the other thing that I was curious about, are the robberies that had previously occurred there: was your family and extended family already living in those homes when those crimes occurred, which would mean you had already been victimized (I certainly hope not, and I do apologize if that question is offensive); You sound pretty sharp to me and correct to feel weird about these vehicles driving on your road. Period. You could always report it as something suspicious to the authorities that might help you feel better, but if it feels more like an obscure paranormal experience,
I would investigate the cars at wrecking yard, and through the members of my family as mentioned earlier,
you never know: those cars might be associated with other things that may have occurred previously in your
area; I don't want to sound scary or too offbeat, but I do want to support your feelings and instincts about what you think it might have been; It suddenly occurred to me that you might want to do a real strong cleansing of your home and the homes beside yours.. open all the doors and windows, allow alot of light into the house and polish everything with lemon strong cleansers, keep the house nice and clean.

edit on 31-7-2012 by tony9802 because: too much spacing

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There was just one other comment that I wanted to make and that concerns the picture of the vehicle in question that you posted up above.. First of all that type of car is actually VERY nice- it's more vintage feeling and more on the conservative side..it has something of a strict or staid quality to it- The shape of it actually even reminds me of funerary vehicles for one reason or another; (Maybe that has more to do with the black color of the car in the photograph)- I remember you said the ones that you saw that evening were brownish tan and bluish gray and those colors of course would naturally provoke a different less somber, feeling although a conservative one nonetheless). In any case, that type of vehicle reminds me of very formal and conservative people..strict.. A BMW or Mercedes however doesn't seem to fit too well in the state of Oklahoma.. I would expect to see old Ford Crown Vic's and Ford trucks generally in OK, so that's another odd thing..(Ford crown vics from the 80's and 90's are very beautiful cars..) .I just thought I might add that to the post.. maybe it'll help..
edit on 31-7-2012 by tony9802 because: too many spaces and open lines

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIsEasy
Reminds me of this

2:30 - 4:00

www.youtube.com...

and this

www.youtube.com...

So assuming you're telling the truth and you're not crazy, weren't drunk, high, too tired then I'd say the car(s) became invisible or vanished in thin air. Your guess is as good as ours. Just hope they are not after you.

The GHOST CAR CHASE... very nice video, I like that..

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by dashdespatch

Oklahoma.

It's not that the cars were unusual, it's that one of them drove into nothing.

I think it's important the cars are actually very unusual.. I don't think it's normal to see many
european imports in Ok. But, you are absolutely right, the car mysteriously vanished
and removed itself from the scene. I think what is scary is the psychic component of what
is going on here.. If I observe this event or experience from a psychic perspective, I would
say that it feels like a WARNING. I think the person who wrote the post is being warned
about something; A while back I had a really scary experience with a "psychic warning"
of sorts and I remember how evil the warning felt.. It was pretty scary but I won't go into
details about it.. simply put I was left with a feeling that I had received and had been issued
a threatening warning from a preternatural forces..

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Could be a time slip, or maybe a slip in parallel universes that have the same time and are very similar. You know there are a few known signs like feeling heavy and spaced out all of the sudden. But it could also be that old beast fatigue. Maybe you should check for similar stories etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

Hey man, thanks for the input. I actually did talk to my grandparents about it, they've lived on this road since the 70s or 80s, but my grandfather actually grew up in the house I live in. He moved to Ft. Worth when they got married and moved back a few years later.

They didn't seem to know anything.

I really don't feel scared or even nervous about it, even when it happened I wasn't scared. It just made me go, "what?" You know?

Those types of cars aren't AS uncommon as you might expect. We do see a ton of trucks out here, but really we see all types of vehicles. Granted, that body style is more rare than the others but it's not as out of place as, say a Mazerati or something would be.

I didn't get any weird emotions other than that impulse to follow the vehicles. I was completely calm the entire time, no panic, no freaking out, mostly curiosity.

My old house (mother's house in the diagram) was broken into three times while I was living there. The bastards stole several guitars, a small jar of loose change, a broken computer monitor, and a cheap digital camera. One of the guitars was pretty priceless. Sucks.

My aunt (while in the house titled "rent house") had a TV and some VHS tapes stolen in the 90s. The house I live in now, when my great grandparents were alive and still living here, had a safe (containing several thousand in cash, land deeds, marriage licenses etc), guns, and a car stolen on night. The car was wrecked and returned at some point in the night. That was probably 5 years ago.

Nobody was home for any of these thefts.

An empty house further down the road was vandalized shortly after the woman living in it died, about two years ago.

As far as wrecking yard goes, there aren't any close to me. Closest is around 30 minutes away. Not worth the effort, IMO. Would be a good suggestion though, if there were one close.

What is lemon cleaner supposed to do? I always heard you were supposed to do the "cleansing" stuff with sage or incense or something.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Sounds like it IS unusual for them both to be 1980s european cars

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Normally I would use the sage, incense and the like for a spiritual cleansing also, but the industrial lemon cleaner (or you can go with organic lemon cleaner..) is to remove any bad energy and this combined with alot of light: opening the windows and the doors, playing some strong music- Just to clean. Those are actually alot of robberies and for me, I would think these houses/spaces have been traumatized a little bit.It's kind of like a house whose door was broken in and damaged, and the door doesn't get replaced..The trauma is still there and
although most people would not relocate for somewhat minor robberies, the injury to the place itself remains.. I think that's why I suggested a good light-filled industrial cleansing. The spiritual cleansers with the herbs and incense can actually sometimes feel weighty and heavy- dense- whereas a normal cleaner cleansing feels clean, crisp, light-filled and aired..don't know, but that normally works for me and my space (kind of like doing the dishes, or spring cleaning..)

Good to hear that you weren't intimidated or frightening in any way, so I guess that rules out any kind of psychic warning notion, but I think we should admit that there must have been a few moments of apprehension since you may have still been concerned about the possibility of another robbery..

Interesting thing though, is that crime scenes (even minor ones) likewise leave behind feelings and residuals that one could compare to the paranormal sensations.. The feeling of violation and disrespect of the space is particularly important, and those feelings can cross over to the family members too..The items taken maybe aren't as important as the feeling of violation and disrespect is. I might not feel too comfortable continuing to live there personally! But I bet your little road there is probable a generational gem to you and the family so I can totally understand holding your ground-

But yes, homes can acquire and sustain negative energies and negative feelings due to traumatic history: I guess that's why the cleansing idea is so important. I would mow the lawns, backyards, repair windows where necessary and give the space a little makeover to make it feel loved and cared for.. Adding plants and flowers inside and outside, do you know what I mean.. to give it a little rebirth.. I hate to hear about these types of crimes.. it just feels like there's nothing you can do.

Hopefully though, your houses don't look "abandoned" or unloved: That would be devasting as creepy people are generally the ones who are drawn to really quiet or alone spaces: I believe you're right to be at least somewhat suspicious or curious of unidentified vehicles and their drivers, that's not something to take lightly..

Nice photo sample of the car by the way..That's a very neat, staid car.. you should find virtually alike from someone who might is selling one, go and see it, and then take it for a drive..That's if you seriously want to investigate strangers driving down your road..I bet you'll pick up even more interesting impressions; I don't want to seem too kooky here, it's just that "detective work" is interesting, if not fascinating..

Ciao Mate!

edit on 7-8-2012 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2012 by tony9802 because: too much spacing between sentences

edit on 7-8-2012 by tony9802 because: same reason

edit on 7-8-2012 by tony9802 because: funny spacing!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

To be honest with you, don't you feel that your homes have gone through too many robberies..Even though most things may have happened more than five years ago, the feeling of violation may still be very real, very present.. You are probably over it all already, but that feeling of emptiness or non-response, is probably still present in your family members. Also, the documents or deeds to the houses that were stolen, these are in the hands of the culprits, isn't that right? And That's scary. That alone could be bad news because whoever has that information, might also feel like they somehow own your territory.. the original deeds and documents are in their hands, they were never caught so having those documents might give them feelings of control and power that normal robbers normally would not have. They might feel like that is their space. Gosh, I would be worried about a repeat by the same people.. I don't wish to cause fear or unnecessary paranoia, but I would try to get INTO the criminals mind, and see how they think and think about the various types of PLEASURE and POWER they derive or have derived having taken advantage of others, their little brains have pretty special tricks to watch out for..

Finger prints on the steering wheel of the car that had been returned would have been a good way to maybe track them down, but I don't know if all of the current DNA technology existed back then, (2007?) as it does now..

Do you mind if I ask how you re-obtained the damaged car? what kind of car what is..

edit on 7-8-2012 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Pretty good analysis of the situation in those two posts man, I'll hand it to you.

The feeling of violation is the worst, by far.

The car was returned the same night it was stolen. We had a family emergency and called the ambulance, everyone was at the hospital. That's when the burglary (to my great grandparent's house) happened. When everyone got back, the car was at the house. We only knew it had been stolen and returned because it had been wrecked (the damage was minor) and there was grass in the bumper, like someone had ran it into a pasture.

The thing was, it was someone close by, and someone we probably knew. Either that or they had a police scanner. We think the people who did it got caught a few years later, but not for the burglary of our stuff, for something else.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You say you had the cars pass in front of you as they turned onto your street. Do you recall if you heard the vehicles? You know like you can hear the engine or other road noises of a vehicle as it passes you? I am also interested in knowing what experiences your wife has had.

One more thing that may prove helpful. I would like to know the Latitude line on which you live. If you don't know it you can go to wikipedia and search your towns name. Underneath the map on wikipedia you will see coordinates. There you see the lat. lines listed first. For example Atlanta, GA has 33°45′18″N 84°23′24″W. All I would like to know is that first number like the "33" for Atlanta. I don't need the town name, just the latitude please.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by davcon

I don't recall hearing them, but I may have. The radio was on, I was listening to an HP Lovecraft audiobook. Pretty sure the window was cracked, probably not all the way down.

My wife has just seen a lot of weird stuff on the road. Mainly it's been something like a human, tall and lanky and white. We call it slenderman, because that's more or less how she describes it. It's usually just walking beside the road, but she saw it in the house (my mother's house now) once, and in that yard a couple times. It's been a while since she's seen it at all though.

This house has been finicky. She said she's seen my great grandpa in it, like sitting at the table, once. She has seen this thing beside the bed twice (I think?). It's always at night, and she wakes up and sees it standing beside the bed. Once it was on my side, once it was on hers, leaning over her. I'm inclined to believe that it's her just waking up and it being pitch black in the room. The way she describes that one is just a shadow man, but with a really negative feeling attached to it. She says she's seen stuff here and there throughout her life, and she doesn't scare easily. This thing scares her.

The slenderman thing never scared her, even when she saw it in the house.

As I have said, I can't prove it so take with salt grains. I would do the same except that it's my wife and she wouldn't be making things up like that. She almost never makes a big deal about them, so I know it's not for attention or anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Don't mean to interrupt and send a comment to someone else's question, but your response to their question reminded me of this really interesting radio broadcast that I heard on Coast To Coast Am Radio with George Noory,and the person being interviewed discusses shadow people namely a certain Shadow man with a Black Hat... in the interview she talks about her paranormal experiences and those of persons she has been in contact with, and they seem to revolve around the same personality. The description that you give of the guy your wife sees is not the same, But, it's important to take notice of the fact that the feelings and intuitions she has are totally negative if not strongly negative regarding this "visitor." If it doesn't feel good and is totally negative, you should be weary of it: (maybe even pray for protection a little,). The website that I found for these shadow visitors is this one: www.jesusisnojoke.com... and you can learn more about the author, Heidi Hollis here www.jesusisnojoke.com, or here: www.heidihollis.com. Like I said she was on Coast to Coast and if you look her up on youtube you might be able to find the interview with Mr.George Noory who is totally an avid devourer of themes and issues revolving around the paranormal- his shows are so excellent, don't know what else to tell you: check him out.Here is a link from Coast to Coast introducing her: www.coasttocoastam.com... and then over here is a link for a portion of the actual interview she conducts on the same program: www.coasttocoastam.com... Noory has a great voice and he is just so knowledgeable about all of this stuff that he winds up inviting intriguing people to his talk show.. You should listen to a little bit of the show to see if you like it- she also gets into ufo abductions, but that's not something I'm particuarly interested in. The shadow folks though are another story.. Her book Jesus is No Joke is probably interesting, but I haven't read it yet, although I probably should.. Hope the links are something you and your wife might like..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join