It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw something that I'm at a loss to explain.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This thread is as much for me as for you guys. It is a personal experience and the only proof I have is my words. For every time I mention a specific landmark (dirt path, rent house, etc) refer to the diagram at the end of the post.

Tonight at approx. 11:15 PM CST I went for a drive. I had driven for almost a mile, to the stop sign at the end of my road, which runs North and South. There, you have the option to turn left or right. I was lighting a cigarette and watching a couple cars make their way from the West. They both had their turn signals on and turned onto the road where I was stopped. They were heading South. They took the turn very slowly, and didn't accelerate much after the turn. The cars were late 80s early 90s vehicles. Taking a guess, I'd say Mercedes or BMW. They had this type of body:

The cars didn't appear to be the same make or model, but were similar. They were lighter colored, one being a light brown or tan, the other looked like a cool color. Perhaps a light blue or gray, it was hard to tell by moonlight.

At any rate, I just got a weird feeling. I can't explain why. I just felt like I should go and keep tabs on them. This feeling isn't entirely unfounded, the road I live on has a long history of break-ins, and my whole family is living on this road now so I'm a bit paranoid.

So, I turned right (East) from the stop sign and went about 50 yards to the next turn, pulled in, pulled out, and went back to the road I had come from. The one that two cars should have been on.

I got back on the road, went over a couple hills and twists and caught sight of one of the cars. The other was gone, apparently. The weird thing about that was, there's nowhere to turn that isn't a house or a dead end. I didn't think about that though, as I was focused on the car I was seeing.

Now, it should be established that I live in the middle of nowhere. This road is, by no means, busy. It's mostly gravel. There are 5 houses on the road, all occupied and 3 by my family.

The road, at all points other than driveways and the dead end road, is flanked by 4 cord barbwire fence. That is important information.

Back to the car. I'm watching it casually, as if it's more of just something to do. I see it take a left (east) turn. That should have been impossible because there's nowhere to turn East. The only place would have been my Grandparent's driveway, and the car appeared to be past that; or McIntosh rd. The latter would have been impossible for me to see because of the slight hills in the road, the car would also have had to have been much farther away from me. We later tested this theory, and I was proven correct. So, my first thought was that the car had turned left and was going to back across the road and either A) Make a U turn, or, B) back into the Rent house driveway. My depth perception told me, though, that the car was probably past the rent house driveway. The car didn't back up. It sat there. Then, the lights went out and the car disappeared. So my next thought was that someone was either A) Having sex, or, B) sneaking into my grandfather's pond to fish.

As I drove, I checked each driveway (Mother's house, Grandparent's house, and the rent house), this car was not present in any of them. I checked the side of the road, no car, no signs of a car. I got to the dirt path into the pasture, the gate was secure and undisturbed. No vehicle had been in or out. I got to my house, turned around and went back. Nothing. No lights, no cars.

I called my friend, Bill. He came out, I explained what had happened and we decided to do some tests. I drove back to approx. where I was when I saw the car turn and he drove toward me. This is when I was sure that I couldn't see it if it had turned down McIntosh Rd. Vehicles were invisible to me beyond the dirt path, because of the gradient of the road.

I drove up and down the road several times. The whole time I was doing this (probably 30 minutes) I never saw another vehicle.

I drove down the dead end, saw nothing.

I literally can not explain this one, guys. I even checked the places that I couldn't have seen and found no car that matched what I had seen.

In my diagram here, the black dot on the road is my car, the red dot is the vanishing car, the red lines on the road are supposed to represent gradation. All the hills are very slight, but they do affect visibility. Assume that everything not labeled, all the white area, it's pasture. Fields enclosed with barbed wire fence.

Please hit me with any questions, and feel free to criticize my awful diagram.

I FORGOT TO ADD A COMPASS IN THE MAP. As I said, my road runs North and South, McIntosh runs East and West. My mother's house is north of my house. Sorry about that.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
One can only hope that the car didn't wind up down an embankment through the trees and come to rest in the area below somewhere. That would have been my first thought. Did you maybe miss if someone may have driven off the road by accident? I didn't see in your OP if this was even a possibility. I'm just tossing it out there.
edit on 7/27/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It wouldn't have been. The land is flat and, while there is a ditch, it's nothing dramatic. They would have just wound up in the dirt. Plus, no broken fences, I checked everywhere for them. Also, I saw the vehicle come to a complete stop before it's lights went out.

It is possible that they somehow lost me in the dark, but very unlikely. I sped after I saw them disappear, and the moon is out. Between my headlights and the moonlight, I would have seen them. The car wasn't a dark car either.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
First were you high, drunk or on medication.

Were you tired.

How many silhouettes were in each car.

have you looked for tire tracks from these cars.

was there lights on the cars and gas coming out of the engine.

What do you do for a living.

Have you ever seen unexplained phenomena such as this before.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

It wouldn't have been. The land is flat and, while there is a ditch, it's nothing dramatic. They would have just wound up in the dirt. Plus, no broken fences, I checked everywhere for them. Also, I saw the vehicle come to a complete stop before it's lights went out.

It is possible that they somehow lost me in the dark, but very unlikely. I sped after I saw them disappear, and the moon is out. Between my headlights and the moonlight, I would have seen them. The car wasn't a dark car either.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Weird to say the least. I have "lost" cars like that before that I knew should have been there, but never on a road as you describe... so I could always write it off to lots of other things.

The logical part of my brain says that your car wasn't beamed up by Scotty, but the other part of me says it is completely possible for something paranormal/odd to have occurred too. I have had experiences I couldn't logically explain no matter how hard I tried. Maybe this is your deal.

Do you/Have you experienced weird stuff like this before or is this the first time?

edit on 7/27/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

Were you tired.

In order:

Not at all, I smoked a cigarette and had a ham sandwich with grape juice.
Couldn't see silhouettes, I did try when they passed me initially.
I have, the nature of the road makes it tough, but I saw nothing special. I checked the ditch too.
What? The head and tail lights were on. The cars were being driven.
I work at a grocery store.
No. My wife has seen some strange stuff around this road, but I haven't personally. I've never had a "genuine" paranormal experience that I can't somehow explain.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

So have I, on this road in fact. But, they were on other parts, a couple miles down where there are more places to lose a car. So, I've never thought much of it.

I agree though, this is just going to be "one of those things."

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Time lapse? They or you or both crossed into another time.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Doesn't explain anything for me man. I mean, I could just as easily say that Doc Brown had a BMW instead of a Delorian and used my grandpa's field as a runway.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

Were you tired.

In order:

Not at all, I smoked a cigarette and had a ham sandwich with grape juice.
Couldn't see silhouettes, I did try when they passed me initially.
I have, the nature of the road makes it tough, but I saw nothing special. I checked the ditch too.
What? The head and tail lights were on. The cars were being driven.
I work at a grocery store.
No. My wife has seen some strange stuff around this road, but I haven't personally. I've never had a "genuine" paranormal experience that I can't somehow explain.

Is it safe to say from what you saw that at least 1 car vanished?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

It's actually safe to say that both of them did. But, yes, I only actually saw one do it. The other was just gone when I turned back onto the road in the first place.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It sounds like you are very concerned for your safety. Often, when people feel like that, everything that is happening around them becomes intensified. It's a good alert system that your mind and body use to detect danger. The connections you make in your mind and body are so that you retreat from the danger. Unfortunately, our minds stay active after our bodies figure out there is no danger (because the eyes detect that the perceived object is too far away to be threatening). Count it as a score for how well your mind and body works for you to keep you safe. They both have had 6 million years of practice, so they know what to do even when you're not sure.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alumnathe

Not to the point where it intrudes on my day. I'm just wary of the fact that someone around here enjoys stealing people's things. I agree though.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

reply to post by DCLXVI

It's actually safe to say that both of them did. But, yes, I only actually saw one do it. The other was just gone when I turned back onto the road in the first place.

I do not believe in ghosts or anything paranormal because i have never seen anything to indicate me it exists. On the other hand i would never close the door on anything until i can prove it does not exist.

Now, a car vanished. Next question is, would a ghost car have its head and tail lights on? Just wondering what you think. It would seem odd to me that a ghost car would run on fuel and electricity.
edit on 27-7-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Indeed, it would seem odd that a ghost car would appear so solid too. I don't know what it is or was. If it was paranormal it would probably have been residual, given what I know about how that's defined.
However, I'm trying not to call it a ghost car, because I honestly have no way to tell.
If what we have here IS some form of residual thing then I guess it would look as it would if it were really there in a corporeal way.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by alumnathe

Not to the point where it intrudes on my day. I'm just wary of the fact that someone around here enjoys stealing people's things. I agree though.

People stealing things is mundane (happens all the time). It sounds like though you see this as an anomalous event. Something sinister. Well, if someone stole things from me I would definitely put them into the sinister category, because I would fear losing more stuff. But not into the conspiracy category.

Conspiracies are difficult to develop and manage (most fail before they ever get out the door) while stealing is fairly certain to happen to everyone in their lifetime at least once. Or twice.

Successful conspiracies haven't been invented yet. Many foolish people keep trying, but none have gotten anywhere important beyond a fading mention on ATS forums.

You could satisfiy your curiosity about such sightings by flagging them down and asking them what they're up to. You may find that they are as worried about you as you are of them.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
Time lapse? They or you or both crossed into another time.

This. Or parallel dimensions crossing. Only thing i can think of that could scientifically explain a car vanishing. The scientific part is still to be demonstrated though

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What sorts of odd things has your wife been noticing? We shouldn't discount her observations if we are going to be willing to consider something odd may have happened in this case other than some sort of oversight.

Lol, every time people on ATS tell us suburbanites to prepare to go live somewhere remote, I read a thread like this that gives me the heebiejeebies and makes me glad I'm in a crowded suburb with loads of noisy happy neighbors who will hear my bloodcurdling screams if I ever run into ET or chupacabras .

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Bilk22

Doesn't explain anything for me man. I mean, I could just as easily say that Doc Brown had a BMW instead of a Delorian and used my grandpa's field as a runway.

Well that's all I got. a time slip. So what do you think if you cannot accept my idea? They were both older cars. Could very well mean the time slip was just a few decades.

You live in a new development? Maybe it was built on land that once had older houses and they were knocked down. Those cars turned into the old driveways and back to their time frame.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Live in the mystery and enjoy it.

Move on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join