It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hello and good morning from Germany!

I want to have a tattoo next month and i want to ask you, if you got some good sites with some inspiring prints or letters/fonts.
show me what you got

peace, Cedric

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkullAndBeats235
I want to have a tattoo next month and i want to ask you, if you got some good sites with some inspiring prints or letters/fonts.

Personally I think you've got it round the wrong way.
I think you should like a design so much that you then wish to have it tattooed.
As opposed to wanting a tattoo, and only then asking what it might be of.

Or you could be a rebel, be different, be radical, be crazy, be unlike everyone else... and NOT get one.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

just google tattoo and take a look at some sights,some wild images,also buy your own needles,take time to select image cause its onya for life,

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I got some pictures, that i want. can i share a facebook site here or is it illegal?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Do not google tattoo because that is only seeing things other people already have. Instead think of some of your interests and or beliefs/ideas type that word in google then add sketch after it or drawing or pencil. I found this is a good way to find others original artwork and pencil work just happens to be perfect to print and take to a shop for tracing. If you are a gentleman then you can make sure you know who the artist is whether it be known or joe schmo that way you can give them some credit when people ask about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

true true, so can i post a facebook link? i want you to show a great artist named "Sara Fabel" i love her. i want one of her pictures tattooed. She has lot of pictures with crazy Skulls and the All seeing eye..

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
don't join the tribe. be happy with wht you got, keep it all upstairs.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Iam happy, i just want a tattoo

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Just decide what you want. Remember you're getting something permanent. You want to get something that represents you, either directly or allegorically, or something that is representative of a moment in your life that has meaning. Tattoos to me are like a book or a roadmap of the important things in your life.

I would suggest taking your time to decide on a design, then go see the tattooist and hash out a design that works. Sometimes good artwork doesn't relate to a good tattoo, and a good artist will give you something that looks good both as art and a tattoo.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thank you, that was a good answer. i know its forever, thats no problem..ive thought a long time about it

peace

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I have my back, one 3/4 sleeve, one half sleeve, most of my upper chest and the bottom part of my right leg done, so it's more of an informed answer...

Work on stuff that means something to you. That's the best start, and go from there.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Nice!! i bet it cost a lot of money right? Can i ask you what your Tattoo stand for and what it is?
I like this style of tattoo`s it doesnt mean something in my life but it looks awsome in my opinion

edit on 27-7-2012 by SkullAndBeats235 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Arms and back are elemental themes. Left arm, water (mermaid, koi fish, king neptune), right arm earth, a wolf with forest surrounding it above the moon, right back fire (phoenix), left back air, a Ki-Rinn (Japanese air dragon), with a sword down the spine, representing justice. It has all the runes of the archangels down it.
Lower back is a knight and a sorcerer, my two main characters from my major novel works. My chest is my girls names and a scroll with a memorial piece for lost friends, on right side it has a siamese fighting fish joining the arm, the left is the Templar cross in stone.
Lower leg is three dragons, a gold, a black and a red that wrap around each other.

And yes, very expensive, but almost 20 years worth of work.
edit on 27-7-2012 by 74Templar because: left and right. Yeah right

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

WOW
nice nice, thats a #ing lot of! How old you was, when you got your first?
When iam going to have a character, wheres the best place? shoulder? underarm?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Just after I turned 18. Got a tiny little water dragon done on my arm. It's still there, just buried in amongst all the other water stuff.

Characters? Well, it depends on a few things. The amount of detail you want to put into it requires more or less space. Neptune on my left forearm is pretty big (about 25cm high), but any smaller and it would lose it's detail. It also depends on what you want to get in terms of a character. Some will look better in different places.

It all comes down to what you want vs. the space. That's where a good tattoo artist will work with you as to what works and where. When I had my kid's names done, they were placed around a lotus flower. I wanted the flower to be blue and purple, signifying creation of life. The tattoo artist suggested doing the very edge in blue and purple, and do the rest in oranges and reds, as the blue would just turn into a big blob of colour. In the end his choice was the better one as it looks so much better now.

This may sound a bit silly, but in my sig is a link to the avatar creations thread. I reckon if you went in there with a few pics and your ideas, one of the guys in there would be able to come up with a basic idea for you.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I will take a look thank you! Dont know if you got a af acebook acc ?

I want this

www.facebook.com...
set=a.153906367975618.24791.153904871309101&type=3&theater

or this

www.facebook.com...

edit on 27-7-2012 by SkullAndBeats235 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Both of those are awesome images, but you'd have to be careful crossing them over to tattoos, as they are very detailed and would require a lot of space. The first one would be better as a back piece, the second one you could almost get away with an arm if some of the details were less. Something like those would better in black and grey rather than a lot of colour also, as it would make the piece look far too busy. But that's just my opinion, if you are really serious about it, take the images in and see what your tattoo artist can do with them.

I gotta head off now, will check back in later. Good luck, hopefully you'll be part of the club soon.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

yea ok, first thank you for your time! i want those tattoos in black, yes...peace!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If you’ve decided to get a new tattoo and don’t already have a design in mind there are a few things you should give careful consideration to. Whatever you choose will be on you for a lifetime unless you undergo expensive laser removal or another tattoo session which could result in a clumsy looking cover up.

new topics

top topics

join