It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it okay for dumb people to have kids?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I've often thought how unfair it is that some people that cannot afford children seem to spit them out like there is no tomorrow yet there are those out there that could provide a wonderful life for children but are physically unable to do so. A part of me feels that there should be rules and or laws determining who, when and where should be able to bring another life into this world but at the same time our government is so corrupt that if would never work right.
Maybe some people are just more "evolved" in a sense, while others still seem to have those agressive animal-like instincts (like the boy in the video). I don't think it is a question of being smart or dumb because some of the smartest people on earth have committed some horrible crimes. I think our inner soul has alot to do with how we treat others here on earth and also each persons level of compassion.
I remember reading something a long time ago about how the human brains frontal lobe doesn't fully develop until we are around 30 years of age (not sure if that is accurate or not) so if true, that could explain for a lot of bad choices that young people make.
Maybe if some type of safe, temporary form of steralization could be invented that all babies could be given at birth and then when they turn 30, have it reversed lol....I know, crazy thought....but "what if"?!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Most of these people should not be allowed to have kids.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by homeslice

Yes, because our brains are what separate us from our brute ancestors. We're not apes, so let's not act like apes. By the way, I mean this literally; I'm not trying to make a racist comparison.

Stupidity is basically impulsive behavior with little or no thought.
Intelligence is controlled behavior with plenty of thought put into it.

Very well said!

Some people will say that environment, as in being raised by abusive parents, is the cause of such behavior. I don't believe that to always be the case because I had a bad upbringing but I never turned to violence, drugs or alchohol. I think if anything, my childhood helped me to grow into becoming more compassionate toward others.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Oh my Goodness! The woman in that first video that attempted to mail a puppy....now that is an individual with some issues. A person that lacks that much common sense should not be reproducing.
All jokes aside, that is actually really sad. Unbelievable how some people lack good judgement.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Because dumb people need dumb parents to bring them into this world...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
anybody of age has the right to have kids period end of story!

yeah and its worth reiterating
KIDS ARE FREE lol i know food and clothes cost money but its not that hard to come by the essentials
edit on 27-7-2012 by jplaysguitar because: dumb ats posters

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

For starters let me apologize for that last paragraph in my last post. I probably did get a little carried away but as my brother is handicapped and I was raised in a single parent household I have dealt with peoples misconceptions, judgements and ill-thought out generalizations all my life.

I still stand by the first sentence in it though.

Originally posted by jiggerj

I fully accepted that this topic would bring out some raw emotions. I totally feel for you. But please accept that I am a thinking, compassionate person. I absolutely HATE the idea that we have to even bring this topic up. But, how long can we go on with business as usual (birth as usual) when today's 'norm' is one stupid person poisoning the lives of SOOOO many people?

Do I have the answer? Hell NO! But, we'll never find the answer if we're too afraid to ask the hard questions.

Well at least I know where you're coming from to a certain degree. No we can’t continue on ‘business as usual’ but you have to begin asking the right questions, one’s that hit at the very core of the problem as opposed to focussing on a few individuals and then making broad judgments against all those whom you judge to be from the same socio-economic background as the few.

Why are people being allowed to live in circumstances which make people such as you judge they are unfit parents? How can we throw away trillions of dollars chasing after some ghost of ‘weapons of mass destruction’, how can we go to war, invade other countries who never asked for our help when our own citizens are falling by the wayside? How much money are we spending on needless wars, the prison system, regulating things which just don’t need to be regulating compared to the amount of money we spend helping people rise above their circumstances of birth, education, the environment and just generally making the country better?

Please note my statement in the original post: "I have to say that, at this time, if sterilization for the unfit were put on a ballot, I would vote for it."

When I say, 'at this time' I mean I am fully open to any suggestions, as long as the suggestion isn't: Close your eyes to the problem, leave well enough alone, don't rock the boat.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yeah although those videos are taken from a large pool of people around the world, I think it still goes to show that our society's common sense is definitely decaying. I think that we may have reached the peak of Western civilization somewhere between 1990 and 2008, and although there will be some isolated cases of success in the future, it is pretty much downhill from here on out.

Good videos. I am going to go watch them all now I think I will find them funny.
edit on 28-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Because intercourse doesn't have rules..... If people understood that it means possible children, disease, heartbreak, etc,. then yes we would have less dumb people having them.

I have children and let them know that this is NOT fun. Not love, or children, or loneliness, not even compatibility in some cases. Life is what it is, and until we find a way to telepathically read minds we are personally screwed with choices we make.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join