It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it okay for dumb people to have kids?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If anyone would care to take the time to watch this documentary, as a responsible and caring citizen of any society please ask yourself if you would want these people to have kids. Also, ask yourself if you would want your kids to be exposed to such levels of stupidity.

Warning: Offensive language and brief nudity.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Hm. What don't you guys just admit that you hate the U.S. Constitution, and believe it should be rewritten according to what YOU want? Ya know, not what's best for all people, but what's best for YOU.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
reply to post by article

Don't worry about th OP's position much. If you participate on the same threads long enough, you'll see he can often come off as a cold, bitter, old man. Hence the suitable avatar.

Right Jig?

Well, when you're right, you're right. But this clip really pulled at my heart strings. I'm not looking at the boy's problems, but at the sweet, innocent little darlings that should NEVER have to experience such insane brutality. One parent's right to have a little monster is more important than every other parent's right to keep their babies safe.

It's just not acceptable to allow society to stay on this path. Taking care of a disturbed child's issues AFTER his/her actions have harmed other children (mentally for life) is too dam late.

If that 9 year old had been a man, he probably could have been facing life in prison. We would have called him too sick to remain in society. Whether a man, or a 9 year old, the damage to the innocent children is exactly the same. It's wholly unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

I repeat, I don't know what the answer is, but not asking the hard questions is definitely the wrong path.

Ok old man, you've found a point in which I can relate.

Ive been in a cituation where I have seen children put into a life in which I would rage inside from the agony that I would somehow feel that child going through inside. The cituations are diffrent in the way that each childs problem wasnt as the other. Sometimes it was a child who was being wipped for nothing more than being a child. Ive seen such things at weddings and reuinions and like events... Sometimes the store. At that point, yeah, I want to slap the parents stupid.. I found myself wanting to put the parent through exactly what the child was feeling but in a way the parent could feel it just as the child was. I totaly agree that some people do more harm to their children than good.. In some ways, those kids may turn out the same, but again I cant say that those children were not well taken care of any other time or for the rest of their lives.

Sometimes we catch that moment of pain, but looking back in my own childhood, I threw tantrums, no where near as horrible as some, but I can look back and say I overreacted and everything turned out the best way they could have without any regrets other than sticking around to talking to some people more often than others because they were more important and they taught me more inside than any teacher could. Compasion is a big part of that.

Ive seen kids hurt but no where close to how some people see children every day as part of their job, and have to deal with this constantly. Definatly not a job I would do well at, as I am not able to detach as well as some. I dont know if that's a bad thing or a good thing. I just know that when a child is in pain, no matter wether it's self induced, my heart falls instantly. Denying that child to ever see the light of day, or that possibility of life, as I feel that to experiance even a moment of life is more beautiful than experiancing none at all. Even though I feel that there is a place after here, I still couldnt deny that child the possibility. Hearing no cry of pain seems more empty than hearing a child in pain, as harsh as that sounds, in a heartfelt way, it makes sense to me and it's not a troubling feeling as I feel also that those children are taken care of either way.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Blame the parents!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
You can say what you want about government over-regulation, but there should absolutely be a license to reproduce, as well as a license to vote in the general election

If you can't answer a few very basic questions correctly, or have an IQ lower than 90 you shouldn't be allowed to do either

I would vote on that...I would vote soo hard!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
America needs as the op puts it stupid people to overbreed. Because if they didn't then who would we get to fight our pointless wars?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
how do we gage intellegence??? is it how many degrees you have.... is it common sense??? the 2 do not always go together.....someone can be really book smart and not have a lick of commom sense....where do we draw the line?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
LOL i'm totally with ya! don't let em breed!!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, I think you are on the right track, I was thinking along the lines of improving high school education, but that might be too much to ask.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

If you have an IQ that high yet don't realize that your chances of bearing children drop off significantly after the age of 35 there's something wrong with you.

Being omniscient of every single fact isn't a prerequisite of a high IQ. Maybe they didn't know.

I don't think having a high IQ has much to do with being good parents, look at James Holmes, for a timely example. I think if you are worried about dumb people, you should focus on improving the education system.

I didn't say having a high IQ was necessary to being a good parent. You somehow derived it from my statement. Then you insinuate I'm worried about dumb people and that I should worry instead about the education system. I never said I was worried about dumb people. Maybe you have a bad habit of writing in the 2nd person.

This is the problem with letting emotion, rather than intellect, speak your words for you. Everything goes wrong.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

My IQ is up in the 130s. I guess I'm safe.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I'm actually not thinking emotionally, although I am a bit sleep deprived. I honestly thought you were implying that smart people should breed and stupid people shouldn't. The video you posted was hilarious, by the way. But now I'm a little confused... are you just saying that only good parents should be allowed to have children? And you would hypothetically set up a system where "good parenting skills" would be analyzed and permits would be handed out?

This sounds like it could be hijacked by government supporters of whatever the dominant philosophy or dogma is at the time in order to give them a way to stifle reproduction of their opponents, after all, I think a lot of people equate "good parenting" with "follows my values system."

On a side note, I do actually have a bad habit of talking in the 2nd person. Suggestions?
edit on 27-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The question posits someone can measure intelligence (IQ is not good for measuring intelligence) and decides who gets to have babies. Since that is not going to happen ever OP is just wanting an excuse to vent and rant about poor ppl.

The closest examples I can think of are China (government mandated 1-child policy based merely on numbers) and the female abortions in India (culturally mandated once they do scans on pregnant women).

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
We're all stupid right now. You may think you aren't, it's what they want you to believe but the truth of the matter is we're all dumb. Being on ATS makes you stupid, watching TV or playing video games. Reading in to conspiracies, history, etc... makes you stupid. Texting and phoning makes you stupid. Waiting for a specific date makes you stupid. Being patriotic makes you stupid. Recycling makes you stupid! War makes you stupid. Religion makes you stupid. Being passive makes you stupid. Going to school makes you stupid. Being racist makes you stupid. Everything you do, literally makes you stupid. This moment, you sitting in your chair doing nothing more than being lazy makes you stupid.

What are you going to do about it? Absolutely nothing which makes you even more stupid.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
So what level of education do you believe is required before you can start breeding.

And if you have for whatever reason you haven't reached this level of education and you fall pregnant will you be forced to have an abortion or will you simply have your child taken away from you?

This thread is absolutely pathetic. I've known Down Syndrome parents who've raised the most well balanced loving children and university professors whose kids have turned out to be complete nightmares.

You can say what you want about government over-regulation, but there should absolutely be a license to reproduce, as well as a license to vote in the general election

If you can't answer a few very basic questions correctly, or have an IQ lower than 90 you shouldn't be allowed to do either

Seriously, you believe the government should be responsible for deciding who should or should not be able to bear children. Have you looked at the decisions made by the government lately. God save us.
edit on 26/7/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

i agree with you 100% adding you to my friends list right away.

peace.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
On a side note, I do actually have a bad habit of talking in the 2nd person. Suggestions?
edit on 27-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Depending on the context, I would suggest writing in the first-person. I used to do the same, until I realized I had know clue about how “you” do things, and could only ever speak for myself. When writing in the 2nd person, I risk people mistakenly thinking I'm actually referring to them.

I'm actually not thinking emotionally, although I am a bit sleep deprived. I honestly thought you were implying that smart people should breed and stupid people shouldn't. The video you posted was hilarious, by the way. But now I'm a little confused... are you just saying that only good parents should be allowed to have children? And you would hypothetically set up a system where "good parenting skills" would be analyzed and permits would be handed out?

This sounds like it could be hijacked by government supporters of whatever the dominant philosophy or dogma is at the time in order to give them a way to stifle reproduction of their opponents, after all, I think a lot of people equate "good parenting" with "follows my values system."

I am as yet undecided on the matter. I hate the thought of a governing body telling people who can and cannot have children. People can change, and the children they rase could be valuable to society as a whole. But if “stupidity” persists in the parents, and is indeed passed down in the indoctrination of their children as if it was an important part of their culture, I would second guess the parents abilities as a parent. Of course there's too many variables to arrive at anything conclusive.

We find, in the end, that it isn't entirely the parents fault, but has much to do with the culture of the society the parent and child lives in. If “stupidity” was discouraged, rather than showcased as a fundamental mindset of most western cultures in television and celebrity culture, we might finally see a rise in healthy parenting practices and the inspiration the children need to fill their curiosity with meaningful and valuable knowledge and life skills instead of the trash television is selling.

To me, stupidity isn't a low IQ, but a willful ignorance. The potential is in everyone to achieve mental and physical self-mastery no matter what their mental and physical limitations are. But the choice to not attempt a higher degree of self-mastery, merely because it involves a little work, is in my mind, stupid.

–LesMis extra DIV

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

I would vote on that...I would vote soo hard!

But i am sure they would be allowed to go to the battlefield and give their life for their country right ? right?
And if your kid was being abducted in the school yard and one of these so called below 90 IQ human was to see the scene, would he be allowed to save your child?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by igor_ats
The question posits someone can measure intelligence (IQ is not good for measuring intelligence) and decides who gets to have babies. Since that is not going to happen ever OP is just wanting an excuse to vent and rant about poor ppl.

The closest examples I can think of are China (government mandated 1-child policy based merely on numbers) and the female abortions in India (culturally mandated once they do scans on pregnant women).

How did poor people come into the topic?

You are right though, that this will never happen (the sterilization of dumb - not POOR- people). But, after watching this 9 year old, the kind of dumb I'm thinking about is like the following:

In my area a parent used gasoline to kill head lice on her daughter, near a gas stove. When searching for this article I came up with these google links: Use Gas for headlice

Woman stuffs a puppy in a box to mail to her son:

Dad uses 9 year old as designated driver.

edit on 7/27/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
1. Ask anyone from Germany circa 1930's about eugenics and how it ends up working out.
2. Ask the Colorado shooter if he thinks being well educated makes you any less violent.

teaching your kid right from wrong and how to behave has less to do with intelligence and more to do with things like morals, common sense (some of the smartest people have NO common sense) decency, ect. I'm not saying people don't need a certain level of intelligence to raise kids...what makes any one person the reigning authority of who is smart enough or not.
edit on 27-7-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join