It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it okay for dumb people to have kids?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Why should smart people be the only ones to be miserable?

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
nothing gets me fired-up more than sum lump of junk trying to tell other people thay cant have kids!
AHH GET OFF IT

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by article

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
So what level of education do you believe is required before you can start breeding.

And if you have for whatever reason you haven't reached this level of education and you fall pregnant will you be forced to have an abortion or will you simply have your child taken away from you?

This thread is absolutely pathetic. I've known Down Syndrome parents who've raised the most well balanced loving children and university professors whose kids have turned out to be complete nightmares.

Originally posted by Hawking
You can say what you want about government over-regulation, but there should absolutely be a license to reproduce, as well as a license to vote in the general election

If you can't answer a few very basic questions correctly, or have an IQ lower than 90 you shouldn't be allowed to do either

Seriously, you believe the government should be responsible for deciding who should or should not be able to bear children. Have you looked at the decisions made by the government lately. God save us.
edit on 26/7/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

lets face it.. Most of the bunch who post here cant see past their own noses to think clearly enough to make such a rational descision if one could ever be made, which, I believe, no person on this planet could make that choice for anyone.

Goes to show ya what kinda riff raff we deal with on this site daily. Sick people, no less.

To think that we actually have people like this in this country, suprises me, but to have them actually speak out on these topics, litteraly blows my mind.

Sok though. When these guys show their asses like this, I simply take note of who the real idiots are. So look at it as a decent way to pick out the ones that are liable to end up on the news in refrence to some school or theater shooting. Sad thing is.. I'm not joking.

Just because you fear discussing the topic doesn't make you a better person my friend. It's discourse, not dogma. There's no need to go on a moral crusade calling people murderers when you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
nothing gets me fired-up more than sum lump of junk trying to tell other people thay cant have kids!
AHH GET OFF IT

Why? People tell me I can't do MUCH LESS important things every single day.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xrevxoltx

You're not a victim because you're born poor. You're only a victim when someone makes a concerted effort to harm you.

Indeed, there are plenty of people who have brought themselves out of the dirt and raised themselves to greatness, but they are the exception to the rule.

So what are you trying to say here? If you make under a certain amount per year you should be required to have an IQ test in order to keep your child

People like to speak of survival of the fittest and natural selection, but suddenly forget that when they think of "the children." There is no benefit to human kind to prop up the weakest, the most ignorant, the laziest, the most diseased, the disabled.

All you're doing is ensuring our downfall. Those who can produce cannot pick up the slack for those who cannot. Coddling people who make irresponsible choices only brings down the rest of us.

So what do you plan with all the children who you judge to be born to parents who are the weakest, the most ignorant, the laziest, the most diseased, the disabled? That's 100s of millions of children you know...

There is no room in this world for useless people. If you contribute nothing to society, you should absolutely not be having children.

Once again, who will be doing the judging as to who is or is not 'useless'. You? Or will it be those who contribute most to TPTB's cash kitty...

Please tell me why literally every aspect of my life can be regulated except when it comes to creating new life.

There's only one thing that actually needs to be strongly regulated and it isn't - guns.

I cannot own a machine gun, I cannot own a missile, I cannot even buy raw milk from my neighbor. But I can bring life into this world that I am not to be responsible for?

If things have to be regulated far better it be things that end lives rather than things that start them

You need to look past your pipe dreams for civilization and take a large dose of reality. I'm sorry, but the noble notions you fabricate in your mind do not change reality.

Sorry if I don't believe what you are suggesting will in anyway end in a Utopian future.

edit on 27/7/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xrevxoltx

As you see... Definitions are the issue here.

I was raised dirt poor. I make under 70K a year now. I lived in the projects untill I was 16. I never finished highschool, but I got my GED. I never finished College because I couldnt afford to work and goto school at the same time, but I now make barely under 70k, only 5 years later... This is my BASE salery. I cant spell worth a flip.. I saved a kids life once (choking). Guess that kid would have died, had I not been there. How do I know? Because my mom was panicing and had no idea how to do anything to save a life. I happened to be there and took care of it without fear taking over untill after I was able to clear his passage way.

So... this uneducated (mostly) person, with no real ambition in life should have never been born, huh?

Even though I make 70K a year, pay taxes so some of you lazy asses can continue being a lazy ass and live off of my taxes... Even though I saved a life... Even though I was there for people when they needed someone, which means I may have saved more than 1 life in the process. Wonder if any of those people would ever become famous, rich, the potus... Could happen.

Ive seen the most ignorant people make better choices than some I thought were more apt to making the right choices. What about government? They obviously had education, and are lawyers... Can you say that those guys deserve life more than anyone else? I say even less so!

Yet, you're here saying that because you want to live a perfect life that no one else should be able to live without giving up everything to assure that your life is prestine..

I say, to each his own. I find that the person sitting next to me on the bus has nothing to do with the amount of money I make every paycheck. As a matter of fact, there are VERY few people who affect what I make every year. Useless feeders around the globe, AND people just like you from every inch of the planet wouldnt make a single ounce of diffrence to how I live my life and what I make. Even if every single one of you would stop buying anything related to what I do... You still could not affect me.

So, how is it again that "dumb" people shouldnt live or breed when they do nothing to your way of life but make it better? No??

Those field workers, making peanuts for money... Those guys are uneducated. Imagine if they all were educated and took on real jobs.

1- You would have no more people working in the field.. You would have to do your own gardening. You would have to cut your own grass. You would have to pick up and dispose of your own trash.. etc..

2- You wouldnt have a job because they would be filled by more educated people than you... and by your posts, I imagine this will not be very hard.

3- Nothing would change.. Just because people are being educated, does not mean that working life would not just raise/lower a bar to assure everything levels out.

If you have no stupid people to do such things, they would just take the next one in line.. the not so stupid.. who will require more money per hour, making you loose more per hour, i mean.. it has to level out somewhere.. right?

So.... Maybe the OP understands how silly he is and if he actually believes this, then he, as well, would be a part of that minority he speaks of as the "stupid breeders". I also have a table to define what i feel is "stupid" or a lack of smarts... The OP being one of them, would be the first on the chopping block.

Does anyone other than me see where this goes? (aside from the few responces ive seen, calling out the OP on this)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

like what are you told not to do thats more inportant than raising kids?
just give it up kids dont cost money and it dose not take rocket science to treat them good

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Maybe because it's still suppose to be a free country. Your probably no smarter than she is so don't flatter yourself.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

You're not a victim because you're born poor. You're only a victim when someone makes a concerted effort to harm you.

Indeed, there are plenty of people who have brought themselves out of the dirt and raised themselves to greatness, but they are the exception to the rule.

So what are you trying to say here? If you make under a certain amount per year you should be required to have an IQ test in order to keep you child

People like to speak of survival of the fittest and natural selection, but suddenly forget that when they think of "the children." There is no benefit to human kind to prop up the weakest, the most ignorant, the laziest, the most diseased, the disabled.

All you're doing is ensuring our downfall. Those who can produce cannot pick up the slack for those who cannot. Coddling people who make irresponsible choices only brings down the rest of us.

So what do you plan with all the children who you judge to be born to parents who are the weakest, the most ignorant, the laziest, the most diseased, the disabled? That's 100s of millions of children you know...

There is no room in this world for useless people. If you contribute nothing to society, you should absolutely not be having children.

Once again, who will be doing the judging as to who is or is not 'useless'. You? Or will it be those who contribute most to TPTB's cash kitty...

Please tell me why literally every aspect of my life can be regulated except when it comes to creating new life.

There's only one thing that actually needs to be strongly regulated and it isn't - guns.

I cannot own a machine gun, I cannot own a missile, I cannot even buy raw milk from my neighbor. But I can bring life into this world that I am not to be responsible for?

If things have to be regulated far better it be things that end lives rather than things that start them

You need to look past your pipe dreams for civilization and take a large dose of reality. I'm sorry, but the noble notions you fabricate in your mind do not change reality.

Sorry if I don't believe what you are suggesting will in anyway end in a Utopian future.

I'm trying to say that people who need help from others should not be having children. I think that is crystal clear.

You cannot look past your emotions and see the world for what it is. It has never been a forgiving place, man didn't make it so. Nature is unforgiving. All you're doing is going against nature when you prop up the weak. And all you're doing is weakening our species.

You success stories are the exception to the rule.

There is more to this world than fulfilling your own selfish desires. You are capable of resisting your urges, that is one thing that separates man from beast. You should be capable of resisting your urge to nail your girlfriend and impregnate her when you have no chance of supporting your offspring. Women should resist the urge to spread their legs when they are incapable of being responsible for the inevitable outcome. If you can't see that simple truth, you're blinded by ignorance.

The world won't change until people realize 99% of their problems are caused by themselves. You can try to justify your position any way you want, but you won't change the truth, and you won't change my mind.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

thers nothing selfish about haveing kids

its prolly one of most self less acts ever to raise a baby
selfless not selfish think about it

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I have to say that, at this time, if sterilization for the unfit were put on a ballot, I would vote for it.

Would you?

No, I would not. Look to the history of Planned Parenthood, as it was originally put forth for that, sterilization of the unfit. The "unfit": meant 1) minorities 2) disabled(mentally, physically, feeble minded) 3) the poor
Who will determine the unfit? What if you fit into the demographic?

edit on 27-7-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I'm trying to say that people who need help from others should not be having children. I think that is crystal clear.

You cannot look past your emotions and see the world for what it is. It has never been a forgiving place, man didn't make it so. Nature is unforgiving. All you're doing is going against nature when you prop up the weak. And all you're doing is weakening our species.

It is you who are speaking from either emotion or complete shortsightedness. You haven't thought through at all the ramifications of what you are suggesting. What it will mean for our rights; what kind of power you are handing over to the government; and how we would deal with the millions upon millions of children already living in circumstances that you are content to let a government agency deem as 'unfit' based on a set of stats they print off from a computer

There is more to this world than fulfilling your own selfish desires. You are capable of resisting your urges, that is one thing that separates man from beast. You should be capable of resisting your urge to nail your girlfriend and impregnate her when you have no chance of supporting your offspring. Women should resist the urge to spread their legs when they are incapable of being responsible for the inevitable outcome. If you can't see that simple truth, you're blinded by ignorance.

Again what do you propose for those who succumb to their 'urges'? Having their babes ripped from their arms by a government that thinks they know better and stuck in an orphanage with hundreds of other kids?

Or should everyone be chemically sterilized until they are deemed by TPTB as 'acceptable' parents.
Think man. How exactly is this going to be implemented. You are living in a dream world.

The world won't change until people realize 99% of their problems are caused by themselves. You can try to justify your position any way you want, but you won't change the truth, and you won't change my mind.

Exactly. Caused by themselves. Not just because their parents couldn't afford that shiny red bike for Christmas or couldn't quite cut it at algebra.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

thers nothing selfish about haveing kids

its prolly one of most self less acts ever to raise a baby
selfless not selfish think about it

It's only selfless if you raise and support the child yourself. Otherwise, it is the most selfish act imaginable.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

It is you who are speaking from either emotion or complete shortsightedness. You haven't thought through at all the ramifications of what you are suggesting, what it will mean for our rights, what kind of power you are handing over to the government and how we would deal with the millions upon millions of children already living in circumstances that you are content to let a government agency is 'unfit' based on a set of stats they print off from a computer

Again what do you propose for those who succumb to their 'urges'? Having their babes ripped from their arms by a government that thinks they know better and stuck in an orphanage with hundreds of other kids?

Or should everyone be chemically sterilized until they are deemed by TPTB as 'acceptable' parents.
Think man. How exactly is this going to be implemented. You are living in a dream world.

Exactly. Caused by themselves. Not just because their parents couldn't afford that shiny red bike for Christmas or couldn't quite cut it at algebra.

Government agencies already exist to dictate who is and isn't a fit parent. I don't want to give the government any more power than they have, and I would certainly love to curb back MUCH of it.

However, what we have is governments that encourage irresponsible people to breed. You cannot deny that fact.

I don't contend we do ANYTHING about the millions upon millions of children born into horrible environments.

There needs to be a concerted effort to burn into the minds of the people that they are solely responsible for their children, that they are solely responsible for all of their choices.

When there is a shift in consciousness from "me, me, me! whatever I want!" to "how will I deal with the consequences of my choices?" we will see less and less of these sad cases. We will see less children born into homes with no structure, with no support, who feed off of the productive.

Your solution is to allow things to continue, business as usual. You need to be an adult and a rational human being and make the hard choice. You need to place the blame upon individuals, and you need to make sure there is a lesson to be learned from irresponsible choices.

I don't feel sorry for your or your offspring because you couldn't control your urges and made the wrong choice. And I refuse to be responsible for taking care of them.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

yes the family is a bunch of stupids

how ever that little monster is exhibiting socio- or fullblown psychopathic behavior
note that little snip IS NOT STUPID, but very careful to not get caught
now that he knows about the cameras he wont be caught on daycare surveillance again

note that the truly stupid people who are to blame here are

-whatever sorry excuse for a doctor that is medicating the kid

-the police for arresting the daycare worker who didn't see anything
because she wasn't allowed to see while
giving the little sicko a pass [they probably thought he'd make a great cop someday soooo....]

-the daycare for not having someone manning the cameras at all times
which would've outed the little psycho a loooonng time ago

society and people in general for not having a policy of testing for psycopathy
and putting those who come up positive to sleep

the ancients had the methods and means to do so
whether through a catastrophe or some tribes merely expelling their psychos
instead of putting them down these original genetic psychopaths got together
and eventually created what is known as the "nightmare of history" thousands of years ago
this is why the world seems backwards to intelligent and aware people
of course its backwards, it's been controlled by psychopaths for most of history
edit on 27-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Dont start that # with us....DUMB PEOPLE can have SMART KIDS!
Thats why they allow them the freedom to procreate like the "smart" people do....
They arent as graceful, at it as a matter of fact they are tasteless,boors but boy are they fertile!.
Another reason they let dumb people reproduce is because theres way more of them than smart people....how are the smart people gonna stop them?theyd get their asses handed to them...
"hey you your too stupid to reproduce!", stop that screwing righjt now!
Another reason they have babies is because sex feels so good...if it wasnt so much fun then nobody would want to do it so much.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

like what are you told not to do thats more inportant than raising kids?
just give it up kids dont cost money and it dose not take rocket science to treat them good

100% correct.

Matter of fact, the one thing I see so diffrent today...

My grandparents on BOTH sides of my tree, litteraly had 7 kids on each side.

That's 14 aunts and uncles with a ton of their own children.

Today.. You just dont see that. No one can afford it.

Funny... My grandparents were poor as dirt... VERY poor.. and they still managed to have and raise 7 kids on both sides, PLUS grandkids by the dozens.. and they didnt cost a dime.

It costs to clothe them. It costs to feed them. It costs to teach them.

It costs someone.. but it wouldnt cost you a dime out of your pocket. We have things in place that take care of people who need. Unfortunatly it is abused more than anything, but you cant take it back because you still have an original purpose to take care of there, wether others ruin it or not.

My mom, while we lived poor, did what she could for us. We always had food, even though we had handmedowns, we had clothes too. We also had a roof. When any of those would fall out of order, you can bet my grandfather or any other family member would step in to assure we had. All of them.. poor.

Still, with a total of 5 brothers and 1 sister (all of which younger), I wouldnt trade one of them for a scrap of bread, even had I starved to death.

If you can get passed that kinda love towards someone, to never have them in your life and be totaly ok with it... then I think the main issue with this problem lies on the other end of the screen. It has nothing to do with dumb people but everything to do with incompetent, immoral people, judgmental, arrogant people who deserve even less of life than being offered here for poor people.

I now believe, I truely live in an evil gilded world. What happen to all the REAL people? Someone is passing something around that seems to be loosing us more than any drug could do today. So many people just seem to fall off the "good people" map these days. It's hard to know who's a worthy friend or vile enemy. Both one in the same?

getting closer to "Brother against brother - father against son" than anything else these days. This is what scares me.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Government agencies already exist to dictate who is and isn't a fit parent. I don't want to give the government any more power than they have, and I would certainly love to curb back MUCH of it.

And they do this on a case by case basis after it is proven that the parents are unfit. Not totally ideal I agree but far better than having a government implemented mandate on who can and cannot have children.

You cannot have a one size fits all set of criteria without infringing on our personal rights. How do you plan on stopping 'stupid' people breeding? What happens if your husband loses his job while you are pregnant?

However, what we have is governments that encourage irresponsible people to breed. You cannot deny that fact.

People need no encouragement. If what you were saying were actually even remotely true they would be emailing a copy of 'how to be a better lover' to everyone who makes under 20k a year. Generalizations are always dangerous.

I think if the government were to pump the trillions it wasted on a pointless war which has only increased global instability back into society we wouldn't be having this debate.

I don't contend we do ANYTHING about the millions upon millions of children born into horrible environments.

So essentially we'll end up with a situation where everyone who wishes to have a child after say june 31st 2014 will be required to meet a certain set of government mandated criteria otherwise they'll be forced to have an abortion.

There needs to be a concerted effort to burn into the minds of the people that they are solely responsible for their children, that they are solely responsible for all of their choices.

Agree on the sentiment, but this cannot be forced onto the populace

When there is a shift in consciousness from "me, me, me! whatever I want!" to "how will I deal with the consequences of my choices?" we will see less and less of these sad cases. We will see less children born into homes with no structure, with no support, who feed off of the productive.

We can only hope

Your solution is to allow things to continue, business as usual. You need to be an adult and a rational human being and make the hard choice. You need to place the blame upon individuals, and you need to make sure there is a lesson to be learned from irresponsible choices.

I haven't told you my solution so don't put words in my mouth. More to the point...

How on Earth do you plan on implementing what you propose on a practical level?

I don't feel sorry for your or your offspring because you couldn't control your urges and made the wrong choice. And I refuse to be responsible for taking care of them.

I care. But if so much money wasn't being wasted through government spending wars etc which is only making the world worse I believe we would have a far better society and be able to better cater for these children; and start programs to help these the adults whom you deem as unfit parents.

See, that's my solution...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by article

Don't worry about th OP's position much. If you participate on the same threads long enough, you'll see he can often come off as a cold, bitter, old man. Hence the suitable avatar.

Right Jig?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by article

So what level of education do you believe is required before you can start breeding.

And if you have for whatever reason you haven't reached this level of education and you fall pregnant will you be forced to have an abortion or will you simply have your child taken away from you?

This thread is absolutely pathetic. I've known Down Syndrome parents who've raised the most well balanced loving children and university professors whose kids have turned out to be complete nightmares.

Originally posted by Hawking
You can say what you want about government over-regulation, but there should absolutely be a license to reproduce, as well as a license to vote in the general election

If you can't answer a few very basic questions correctly, or have an IQ lower than 90 you shouldn't be allowed to do either

Seriously, you believe the government should be responsible for deciding who should or should not be able to bear children. Have you looked at the decisions made by the government lately. God save us.
edit on 26/7/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

lets face it.. Most of the bunch who post here cant see past their own noses to think clearly enough to make such a rational descision if one could ever be made, which, I believe, no person on this planet could make that choice for anyone.

Goes to show ya what kinda riff raff we deal with on this site daily. Sick people, no less.

To think that we actually have people like this in this country, suprises me, but to have them actually speak out on these topics, litteraly blows my mind.

Sok though. When these guys show their asses like this, I simply take note of who the real idiots are. So look at it as a decent way to pick out the ones that are liable to end up on the news in refrence to some school or theater shooting. Sad thing is.. I'm not joking.

Just because you fear discussing the topic doesn't make you a better person my friend. It's discourse, not dogma. There's no need to go on a moral crusade calling people murderers when you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Really? I thought I came off pretty well, there.

Please oh please show where I dont know what I'm talking about. It's a challenge! I accept.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join