It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Man who beheaded dog sentenced to 25 years to life

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes I have but whats this got to do with this topic and try to keep this on track plase. I dont want to get into a debate over you dont know what its like to own a pet etc so please spare me the trouble.

He is what I would call a nut case and it could only take a matter of him not takeing his meds for him to slip back into his old ways. What if this had been a human that he cut the head off then you would be all over it saying yeah put him in jail where he blongs.So I think that judge did him a favour and to those around him in doing so.

[edit on 9/10/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
ITS A DOG FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!!!

a smelly whinny mutt *no pun intended*

Look..it sucks...dog dead...guy jailed...suck it up n move along

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
Since when is a dog considered to be a human it�s a pet. What you said is an entirely a different thing about Saddam calling people dogs and killing them why bring this up. When over in Korea people eat dogs all the time so a guy killed a dog and got 25 years get over it. Dont get me wrong I like pets alot but its just a dog

Korea, way over there. Different system of upbringing they have over there. Unless your Korean I suggest you not use South Korea as an example.

Lets take this debate one step further and put a 5 year old kid in the picture who has grown accustomed to the dog. What then.

LL1

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
IS on topic.
I'm surprised you were not a more compassionate, that's all,
especially being a pet owner...
It's pet owners that force the hands of the lawmakers.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer

Originally posted by SE7EN
Since when is a dog considered to be a human it�s a pet. What you said is an entirely a different thing about Saddam calling people dogs and killing them why bring this up. When over in Korea people eat dogs all the time so a guy killed a dog and got 25 years get over it. Dont get me wrong I like pets alot but its just a dog

Korea, way over there. Different system of upbringing they have over there. Unless your Korean I suggest you not use South Korea as an example.

Lets take this debate one step further and put a 5 year old kid in the picture who has grown accustomed to the dog. What then.

mum would go...sorry hunny...the dog went to heaven.

the dogs dead...boohooo..deal n move on or regret u werent superman to save the poor critter from becomeing a mess on the ground.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
The girlfriend should have sued for mental anguish. Then that would have put the scum away for life.

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I guess that some folks have really screwed up priorities.
A dogs life DOES NOT equal a human life.
There should a penalty, but NOT 25 years.

Maybe you should change professions and have the authorities release him into your custody.

No need for that. I have 3 dogs, and 2 cats. If Dog=human, then I am doing my part.

Maybe we should arrest the people at the animal shelters? They kill plenty of 4-legged "people".

OR, maybe we should put homeless humans to "sleep"?. You know, let them stay for 4 weeks or so, allow others to adopt them, if that doesn't happen, we could just gas them, right?
Which would be better in your world?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Websurfer

Ok take it to a new level just buy the kid a new one and make up a story on how the dog went to doggy heaven. Kids of 5 years old will more or less belive anything you tell them.

LL1

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
you find the line...

www.helpinganimals.com...

Do you realize what you are saying/disclosing about your mentality?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen

Life is cruel...life is unkind and unfair..suck it up or hide from it.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by Gryffen]

Your telling that to someone that has kicked a heroin habit...I know very well how rough life can be...you need to get over it yourself! Yep it show a lot about a persons character...and their mentality!

[edit on 10/9/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hun..deary..sweetcheeks...miss self important o i used to be a junkie

yeah and...used to have an amphetamine habbit myself...i have manic depression...been shot..blown up..beaten up..disowned and it still aint stopped me.

ur gettin ur thong in a twist over a dog...

LL1

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
� As a child, serial killer and rapist Ted Bundy�ultimately convicted of two killings but suspected of murdering more than 40 women�witnessed his father�s violence toward animals, and he himself subsequently tortured animals.

� Earl Kenneth Shriner, who raped and stabbed a 7-year-old boy, was known in his neighborhood for hanging cats and torturing dogs.

� David Berkowitz (a.k.a. �Son of Sam�), who pleaded guilty to 13 murder and attempted murder charges, shot a neighbor�s Labrador retriever.

� Brenda Spencer, who opened fire at a California school, killing two children and injuring nine others, had repeatedly abused cats and dogs, often setting their tails on fire.

� Serial killer and cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer impaled the heads of dogs and cats on sticks.

Still think that there is no association between animal abusers and human abusers?????

LL1

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
that was ill!! REAL ILL!!!
not nice at all!!!!!
you are a writer/scholar, don't go there....

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
LLI it is proven that yes, serial killers begin their killing career with animals....you can not change the mind of ignorance....better to just leave it alone, as people can not go above what they have, so it's not even really their fault....they have what they are born with and no more, no less.........

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
not nice at all!!!!!

You can also be a writer/scholar if you post in the collaborative fiction forum.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by deaf fences hit
I wanna know or see a list of the animals that could get you charged for causing harm on. Obviously, it doesn't apply to all living things. What standards are we setting? Is it because it's a living creature, or that it's cute?
ALL animals should be treated kindly for Pete's sake!!

hey, i'm all for no animal abuse, and humans alike, i was just wondering how us humans justify it, and how far we consider something to be worth fretting over. For example, what's a dog's worth compared to an ant say? life is life, why do we tend to label and justify such insignificances is what im burrowing down to.

a long time ago i went to a vipassana retreat, and during the stay, it was prohibited to even kill a mosquito in the room you were staying... kinda made me think... about it all.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by deaf fences hit]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
not nice at all!!!!!

Typical...he suggested that I knew nothing of how hard life can be....then when I explain that yes, I did indeed understand the hard side of life...it somehow made me "self important"
Odd how the mind works for some.... a writer/scholar

[edit on 10/9/2004 by LadyV]

LL1

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
Hun..deary..sweetcheeks...miss self important o i used to be a junkie
yeah and...used to have an amphetamine habbit myself...i have manic depression...been shot..blown up..beaten up..disowned and it still aint stopped me.
ur gettin ur thong in a twist over a dog...

A writer/scholar should not be stepping down to have made such a statement as above...
in other words, how can he/she claim this tag of writer/scholar and go where he/she did.
Websurfer pointed out to me how the tag is earned from writing in
fiction forum.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The sick guy deserves to die by the same means. Psycho? well, we could all argue we're psycho too. He doesnt want jail.

I say send him to Iraq to work on construction. good luck, guy!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The point im trying to make is that there is a very clear double standard when it comes to "cruelty". It is cruel to cut off a dogs head but its ok to slit the throat of a cow and let it choke on its own blood. Its illegal to kill a dog yourself but you can take it to animal control and have it put to sleep. They will put a dog to sleep (or cat) if they can't find a home for it. Was killing it cruel then? What about poisoning rats or killing prarie dogs for sport? Does cruel not matter then? It seems I can do whatever I want to an animal as long as it is for sport or food. But if I do it to the animal because I don't like it then its considered cruel. Our system is a total joke.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This guy got exactly what he deserved. Anyone who does something this cruel should get the same done to them. I am an animal lover of all animals and have worked in animal shelters. Animals are not as dumb as some people believe they are. Some are more intelligent then humans. They don't kill each other like humans do. Granted this man was mentally ill, but where I live we had a simular situation, The man was arrested for animal abuse after he kicked, hit and bit the dog he was abusing. He was arrested than released by the judge. He got a slap on the hands. The woman who's dog it was released to her. Two months later the man mudered the same woman who was his girl friend. He cut off her head most likely in front of the dog who at the same time had one puppy that we know of. I volunteered at that shelter where I took care of the dogs. I can tell this dog was deffinitley traumitized by this. So animals do have fellings! And they feel everthing a human does. We are not the higher intelligence some humans think we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join