It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Man who beheaded dog sentenced to 25 years to life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
I disagree.

Cows are killed for a reason, they are used for food.

It is WAY different that killing a dog.

So, like I said, only cute animals count

LL1

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The law counts in the state for which you reside:

[edit on 9-10-2004 by LL1]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Sure, cows are cute! That does not mean that I don't like beef.

Rats are killed for experiments, raccoons killed by accident on the road.

If you are sick enough to purposly kill an animal, you should in jail

[edit on 9-10-2004 by MacKiller]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
The law counts in the state for which you reside:

Pleae format your URL's if they are long

I meant opinionally, not legally.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Pest vs Pets?

So its a kill a pest, better society (?), kill a pet, what kind of person are you (?) kinda thing then?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think that if you get a kick out of killing an animal, something is seriously wrong with you.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The girlfriend should have sued for mental anguish. Then that would have put the scum away for life.

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I guess that some folks have really screwed up priorities.
A dogs life DOES NOT equal a human life.
There should a penalty, but NOT 25 years.

Maybe you should change professions and have the authorities release him into your custody.

Bottom line is he killed without any regret whatsoever. Bush and Kerry describe terrorists as such people. Is the world a safer place with the sickos behind bars? Hell YES. People like that need help.

Killing a dog? What ethical breakdown does something like that cause on oneself?

Sure there are farmers and medical researchers, but their intentions are different as opposed to the felon's way of displacing his anger.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Laws are to protect the victim. So who cares what the intention is? The victim certainly doesn't care. The laws aren't there to make you feel better about the crime you are committing. Do you think the dog thinks "Oh its ok im being tortured. Its for medical research"?

LL1

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There has to be intent for a crime to have been commited,
culpability.
The man intentionally killed the dog, not in defense.
His next move would have been the "girlfriend".

[edit on 9-10-2004 by LL1]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by deaf fences hit
I wanna know or see a list of the animals that could get you charged for causing harm on. Obviously, it doesn't apply to all living things. What standards are we setting? Is it because it's a living creature, or that it's cute?
ALL animals should be treated kindly for Pete's sake!! Animals that are used for our food supply should be killed humanely and without trauma...for one thing, when an animal is frightened, hormones are released into the animal including the meat we eat....as for cute...no, it has to do with the fact that we have domesticated certain animals to depend on us and we share our home and love with them. I work with animals and I see horrible things....humans can be such asses! I think it very true....the quote about how you can judge a society by the way they treat their animals! He got what he deserved!

There is an Indian legend which says when a human dies there is a bridge they must cross to enter into heaven. At the head of that bridge waits every animal that human encountered during their lifetime. The animals, based upon what they know of this person, decide which humans may cross the bridge.... and which are turned away...
Think about it.....

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
So I can kill someone for food or because they are an inconvenience to me? Just can't kill them because I don't like them?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ARGH!!!!!

i gotta say this

How the hell did this get on ATSNN when a thread about a dead girl isnt valued by a editor as important enough??????????????????????

yeah..dog dies...hell there eaten in some parts of the world...girl dies...nah..no one cares...not a soul...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
So I can kill someone for food or because they are an inconvenience to me? Just can't kill them because I don't like them?

No you should not kill an animal because it is an "inconvenience" to you...and you don't kill people...period....you need to go check out the thread about whether human beings will ever mature...no not as long as we have that kind of thinking still on the planet! And hell yes...we care about young girls being killed! NO ONE said we didn't not a single person!
back at ya. Going a bit over board on the other side there arent we!?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Touchy touchy touchy.

free speech V..free speech.

and btw...i used
not

so...anyone for hot dogs?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
ARGH!!!!!

i gotta say this

How the hell did this get on ATSNN when a thread about a dead girl isnt valued by a editor as important enough??????????????????????

yeah..dog dies...hell there eaten in some parts of the world...girl dies...nah..no one cares...not a soul...

This isn't about points... what do you want to discuss about the dead girl? Post a link and I'll have a look to see if it has some good arguments.

On that note, I find that this thread bring up some valid arguments. Saddam Hussein killed millions of Kuwaits', since he described them metaphorically as dogs. Where do you draw the line?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
Touchy touchy touchy.

free speech V..free speech.

and btw...i used
not

so...anyone for hot dogs?

Yes, I am very touchy when it come to animals! Besides being an avid animal lover, I work with animals and I see their suffering....notice my signature and what I have to say about animals in general. I belong to many animal organizations and welfare societies....I take it very, very serious! It is one of my few passions!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Since when is a dog considered to be a human it�s a pet. What you said is an entirely a different thing about Saddam calling people dogs and killing them why bring this up. When over in Korea people eat dogs all the time so a guy killed a dog and got 25 years get over it. Dont get me wrong I like pets alot but its just a dog

[edit on 9/10/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Lady V

look....i dont care....yeah...a dogs dead...yeah its a shame..yeah..guys going to jail....tough luck.

Not exactly the first time this kinda crime has been commited..we had a guy in glasgow who raped the dogs before slitting there throats.

the fact is.....Life is one of my passions....i take it upon myself to getpeople to understand there is more out there than war and politcal crap were all bloody sick n tired of hearing about.

Life is cruel...life is unkind and unfair..suck it up or hide from it.

dogs dead...gone..sliced up..worm meat...we all know it was bad...but lets move on.

oh BTW.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-10-2004 by Gryffen]

LL1

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Do you have a pet, or have you ever had a domestic pet of any type?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
[edit on 2004/11/3 by Hellmutt]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join