It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfortunate World Trade Center "Old Ads"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I ran across a few pictures of what this site titled “Unfortunate World Trade Center Old Ads” and found it interesting that the more I look, the more I see stuff like this. It seems like the world always had a fear that the towers would be taken out at one time or another. These adds don’t necessarily show the towers being taken out...but they are interesting at any rate. I suppose the Twin Towers were sort of a symbol here in America and that is why they were used so often in ads.

We all know hindsight is 20/20 and I always wonder if the folks that made ads like these looked back at them like we do now after the Towers fell.

Anyway...I thought they were interesting and figured some here would too.

A brochure image for the WTC. Circa 1984

Pakistan International Airlines from 1979

This is one of the most chilling ones for me. A foreshadowing to rival any other that has existed for sure.

A Canadian company, Asbestos Corporation Limited from 1981

Circa 1990

Magazine advertisement for Maker's Mark bourbon

October, 1976 cover of Sesame Street magazine

Source

I find it eerie that so many ads, movies, tv shows, etc. had images akin to these in their programs/advertisments. I might not feel that way if 9/11 never happened. After all, the Statue of Liberty is in just as many and she still stands.

Mods, I was not sure where to post this since it wasn't the usual "Was it an inside job or not?" threads. Please move it if you need to.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The one with the shadow of the plane looks ominous! But I didn't know the towers were made out of cookies!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think the whole asbestos ad was really telling. Fire is deadly destructive if fireproofing is inadequate. An airplane impact could not leave fireproofing intact. It's simply impossible. That means that the towers were experiencing fires that were damaging essentially unprotected steel.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin

The one with the shadow of the plane looks ominous! But I didn't know the towers were made out of cookies!

Me either! I guess you learn something new everyday.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

THAT is why they fell so fast

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

THAT is why they fell so fast

You just single handedly started a brand new conspiracy!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I've seen the pakistan airlines one before and thought it was just about the creepiest until I saw the "closest to heaven" and the "mark of a great town". So very very weird.

And all these conspiracy theories now laid to waste because the cookie monster has been responsible all along!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
I've seen the pakistan airlines one before and thought it was just about the creepiest until I saw the "closest to heaven" and the "mark of a great town". So very very weird.

And all these conspiracy theories now laid to waste because the cookie monster has been responsible all along!

You can't make this stuff up!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
We have one of those- the one that says "The Closest Some will come to Heaven". My husband got it on a trip to NYC in the 80's. It did make us wonder if certain events float in our subconscious, before they happen, and influence some of the things we create, do or say, today.

top topics

join