It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian women were thalidomide guinea pigs, report says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
this is terrible. another case of the govt using the masses as test pigs. does anyone know how extensively this was used in the U.S.?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I am as disturbed as much as anybody by this, truly sickened

Can you point out some of this other evidence you have spoken of about abuse against Australia as a testing ground, for correlation purposes? ( I am asking, not challenging)

Px '___'

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by daaskapital

Why did the women agree to take the pill??? was it mandatory ?

They were probably told it was safe?? Or not even told what the hell it was they were given.
People have a tendency to trust doctors/health care...
When the American GOVERNMENT experimented on pregnant and kids by injecting them with lethal doses of radioactive isotopes, they were told it was vitamins or something similar.
This is just how these psychopath's operate. They lie and experiment on you without you even knowing you are part of some experiment.
edit on 27-7-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

I see I guess i am in the minority when I decline any form of injection or pills when i go to the doctor so i had to ask

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
chealth.canoe.ca...

Kind of similar to this situation. Who knows what these antiretroviral things can do to you. Plus the women don't know if they have a placebo ring or not so they could end up with HIV thinking they won't get it. Plus if the thing doesn't work at all then these women got HIV for nothing. I wonder what they persuaded them with or used a simple dupe to get them to try it out...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Maybe they did this to animal rights activists-its better to test out on the animals before humans.

Really sad, babies died due to this trial, and these deaths could have been prevented by the use of animal trials. Are animal trials before human trials compulsory, or just normal procedure? Was this illegal, or was it ok since the papers signed by the pregnant women covered the aspects of no animal testing and accidental death etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I met a lady once, her deformities were a result on this drug. Sad , she had been compensated with money by the government and luckily her deformity didn't effect her abilities to function. However being born with no ears I'd imagin the teasing & ridicule she would have suffered as a child would have been horrible.
Btw this is the 50s we are talking about, simply people didn't tend to question docs advice.

Edit to add she had ears internally, just not visible outside apart from a hole if that makes sense.
edit on 28-7-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

From my understanding ( I maybe wrong) these women were given the drug, not with the knowledge it was a trial drug. But a safe ordinary drug subscribed by a doctor. As I said people didn't tend to question docs orders back then. Most of us probably still don't today. I huge reminder to question everything.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Hmmm... Sad to see this, Australia is one heck of an idiotic nation.. But it seems such trials help in advancing the research by some 30-40 years...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join