It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens- Intelligent Design-The coming Future

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

But wouldn't that type of AI also determine that its creators are not needed. I think we have already figured out that such a creation is not in our best interest...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ambient moon

An experiment? Maybe.. But I do not think we were bread to be slaves. We have too much self will .. Too much of a need to be free. Too much arrogance... Too much of a tendency to revolt against those in charge...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Assuming we were created. My question is why?

Why not? After all we do exist. So somebody thought it was a good idea.
It is a good question. Like vegetables in a garden discussing whether gardeners exist.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

AI and unthinking tech are two totally different things.

AIs will be akin to transferable consciousness that is greater than human consciousness in many ways. Imagine a superior being who didn't fear for the destruction of body, as self resided elsewhere. Imagine a being, born of technology, but a being superior to the creators in every way. That is a weapon. A bunch of upright apes are not.

IMO of course. However, I do think you'll live long enough just to see how amazing AI truly can become...now imagine that, compounded for millions of years...the ultimate weapon will begin to take shape in your mind.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Create it, and send it at your enemies.

How would creating a race of 7+billion violent Apes be any better? They would not be in the creator's best interest either. Expecting fidelity, from humans? I'd sooner trust an AI created species than a biological one. The biological one would self aggrandize and find way too much self importance to simply realize their roles as tools of war. The psychological implications would be too difficult and stagnating to properly use the species in any coherent war effort.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Maybe the unknown threat out there is some kind of AI creation created long ago and gone awry because its creators have long since been deceased and we were created to combat it? Humans would have no hesitation killing mechanized creations that obviously have no souls.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Eh, maybe, maybe not. It's always up for debate. This thread has actually given me things to think about for fiction ideas. Thank you, OP.

Another little philosophical musing:
Who dictates what has souls? Not you, I or anything that can be seen. Do two parents who have sex, spend nine months waiting, and pop out the baby say "You have a soul" to the child?

So, who are to say that a created AI being is not to have a soul. (Answer: no one) We are no one when it comes to who gets what. That's not our job. I do believe it can facilitate it, then it can act as a container. Sentience and Sapience seem to be the qualifications...and AI constructions will have both and more. It will be a strange thing when AIs emerge as emoting beings who are spiritually robust and connected to the source of all things just as we are.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie
We contain souls. Period. Perhaps other species that don't have them are trying to find the secret to obtaining souls.

Just my opinion.

You are thinking in reverse. You are a Spirit of Divine Origin that resides and inhabits a carbon based human receptacle for a time.
And you are right other species wanting Souls. I have it that a certain group is looking for a way to separate the two, and use the Soul Energy for power or something like that, and the receptacle for a slave race.

And that is just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Good point. But the technology for creating that kind of AI is quite far in the future if possible at all. And if we were created aren't we the ultimate AI. Also we are assuming that AI will be of a higher intelligence. I do not believe an AI can be created that is truly smarter than its creator.

Plus if it is true AI it would be subject to all the vices of its makers. AI capable of making its own decisions, learning, learning from its mistakes, having a sense of self preservation would evolve in its own way. It could end up being lazy or even self destructively depressed...

All of this is conjecture. Since we don't know who our creators are maybe they have not yet reached the capability of creating that kind of AI. or maybe we are the AI system they created? After all if we were created aren't humans then an incredibly designed AI machine? always learning? evolving becoming smarter? better? faster? creating better technology?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I certainly feel that there are properties of gold that our race does not, and could not, understand in these dimensions. That physical gold is utilized in some sort of -advanced is too earthly a term- Universal or spiritual technology that is applied in some, say, bigger picture, planes. Beings operating on such unimaginably -different- dimensions might not conceive of exterminating a physical race and dropping off a bunch of bulldozers. Maybe to ones of such consciousness, manipulation of life needs to be done within the universal law of allowing free will. Our mythos say that Eve willingly ate that apple. And humans have spent an amount of our free will to gather this stuff. Indeed, Civilizations have fallen. Who could tell you why? It is as if it is in our DNA, a desire transcendent of culture or generations.
To such beings as we are imagining here, a thousand years could be a day, and earth could be one planet of a million.
It is fun, I know, but as to our real purpose here, free will is ours, and I feel there is a opportunity, even necessity, in the air to focus on higher things. It is to Love. No, really.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Maybe a topic for another thread.. What is a soul exactly? will AI ever achieve the point of having a soul? can a soul be created artificially? Do animals have souls? I am sure cat and/or dog owners would claim that they do...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Well as the human mind is generally engineered to avoid conflict at all costs, then i dont see how this theory holds water.
reply to post by michael1983l

You're kidding, right? Have you had a chance to check out the world around us lately? Because it is absolutely rife with conflict. We are far more apt to be warlike than peace-loving as a race of beings.

We are genetically programmed to respond to threats to our well-being with two reactions: fight or flight. If something is too much of a threat or frightens us in some way sure, we'll run from it and avoid conflict. But even if we are terrified of something; if it threatens our life or the lives of people we care about, we will overcome our fear and fight, quite literally, to the death. Just ask any mother.

I think that it is your theory that fails to hold water. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

Love... Yes something most of us strive for... Gold another thing. Gold is a very interesting topic too. Maybe I will open a new thread or maybe one already exists as I am sure it does. Gold is another mystery to be unlocked.

The three wise men brought Jesus frankincense, mirh and gold. Also who were the three wise men? from the east? why did they come from the east? Why gold? why some herbs?

Aside from that what locks can be opened by gold?

Love I found... More gold I want but would not give up my love for gold...

Also a strange point... I actually found gold today... and some diamonds too. interesting how the topic now turns to gold....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

True. How many wars or conflicts have been avoided by peace negotiations. Usually the negotiations (more like surrenders) only occur after many many battles and deaths.... That is those who have a chance to surrender before being wiped out...

I see no evidence that we are a peace loving race. Ghandi and his like (no offence to Ghandi he was a great man) are few and far between. There have been more Hitlers, Napoleons, Alexanders, Ghengis Kahns, Atillah the Huns, and Hannibals than Ghandis.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Maybe we are all just "soldiers of love"....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

In my opinion, we where created as custodians of this planet, to grow things, to build and create, and to cultivate our spirit, to learn what is right and wrong. to understand the concept of love and understanding. the killing thing is the base animal in all of us, a thing we must learn to control. Ascending ape, descending angel!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

Why wouldn't intelligent Alien life have souls? This post reminds me of the people saying ET's are demons. A ridiculous theory.

I'm not saying you are but seems to me that the religious are always trying to tie God in somehow.

We are all children of stars. Just because intelligent life takes different evolutionary paths doesn't mean an alien intelligence would differ that much from our own.

I am a firm believer in Panspermia. Life has been seeded throughout the universe. Whether by God or chance or a benevolent Alien race we will probably never know.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I think i have seen that episode of the twilight zone.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
they have to be thinking pretty long in advance...well, for as long as it's taken us to evolve. I think if they could create humanity they could create pretty awesome weapons in a fraction of that time. Also, why create a weapon that essentially spends all its time destroying itself.

If there was anything in this idea at all then its most likely they'd create us for a slave workforce or an energy source but not as a weapon. You wouldn't make a weapon with free will and a deep paranoia about its creators (assuming it was aliens)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Life is not a freak one in a billion chance it is a natural order to the universe. As more and more research is done into this the "odds" on a freak accident reduce. Where you have liquid water you have life and it can utilise any number of energy sources. That is the key energy. Molecules that utilise energy, replicate and grow.

IMHO:The universe is teeming with life, most of it non sentient but I'd hazard a guess at millions of civilizations out there in our galaxy alone. But guess what millions is still tiny. If you play the numbers game the odds on you finding one of these million civilizations with a spaceship that can travel to any star instantly and you spent one day looking around and you did so for 60 years......you would still never find one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that's what I think. No god by the way......just nature being nature.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join