It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens- Intelligent Design-The coming Future

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
There are many theories of the creation of mankind. Was it just a freak one in a trillion bazillion quadrillion accident or is there a purpose? This conversation is more focused on our purpose. Assuming we were created? by a single God? By an ancient alien race? by seeding and genetic manipulation? I am not concerned at this point as to how we came about. (Although that may be part of the equation).

Assuming we were created. My question is why?

I have a theory. What is it that mankind seems to be best at? We seem to be pretty good at killing. We are great at having lots of wars. We are ingenious at creating weapons of war. History has even proved that sometimes by our cunning men have been able to win when greatly outnumbered and when facing adversaries with greater weapons and strength.

We are obsessed with war based games... Video games come to mind at the moment. But even before those. Chess after all is a game based upon battle and strategy.

Sports- training in battle. Not just boxing and MMA... Football, Soccer, Basketball, Hockey... They are all training.

We seem to be compelled to become bigger, faster, stronger... To become better warriors.

Did ancient aliens create us to be the perfect warriors for an upcoming intergalactic war? Even the Bible seems to point to this.

Look at the traditional image of aliens. Not hollywood aliens.. But what about the Greys? Do they look like they can fight and defend themselves in a fierce battle.

What if they knew something was coming? They saw it in the distance moving towards them... Either by remarkable telescopes or some kind of radio waves. What if many years go they saw something coming towards them that scared them and that caused them to worry and ponder whether their technology could save them.

What would mankind do in the same situation? We would start building weapons. What if Humans are their weapons and we are being guided and moved to prepare us for our mission?

Any thoughts?
edit on 26-7-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: grammer and punctuation

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
We contain souls. Period. Perhaps other species that don't have them are trying to find the secret to obtaining souls.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie
We contain souls. Period.

But what is a soul? Why isn't conciousness just a bunch of electrical impulses as it appears to be? How are souls created and where do they go? What traps them in our bodies until death? What does a soul consist of and why does it require an organic body? These things need to be answered before that claim can be made.
edit on 26-7-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What's more scary, thinking we aren't alone, or knowing we are?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

I am not going to disagree. Assuming we do have souls and other creatures do not. Why were we blessed with souls? And I am no so sure what exactly a soul is and what having one means. Humans are capable of very good things and very bad things.

But having a soul and complying with a code of conduct makes one a better warrior. Almost all military regiments have codes, mottos and a set of morals they follow. Disciplined warriors make the best fighters. Warriors who have compassion are the most likely to step in and fight for those in need.

This planet is filled with all kinds of things that could easily kill a human. Poisonous insects and snakes. Alligators, crocodiles, bears, lions, elephants rhinos, tigers, sharks, jellyfish... other humans... I could keep typing all day. But yet we seem to survive. Mankind has survived how many wars over the years? How many natural disasters? It is what we do.. We survive and we fight... Maybe having souls makes us the perfect warriors?

I am assuming you are Christian by the soul comment. I mean no offense if you are not. Even Revelations points to the end and/or a new beginning culminating with a great battle...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I doubt that they are breading us to be killers. Only a very small percentage of people are actual killers. Most people I know would rather have peace. If aliens did create us, maybe they are waiting for
our brains to evolve in someway.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

A good point. If we are alone. No omnipotent god who created us and guides us... No ancient aliens who created us. Then why do we exist? Why do we fight? Why do we kill each other indiscriminately? The answer would be because we were randomly created a##hol#s...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ambient moon

I never said we are bred to be killers. Warriors are not natural born killers. True warriors, the kind you want defending you, would only kill when absolutely necessary. As a last resort.

I am also assuming we as humans would not have much of a problem killing some unknown race that threatens our existence. History has shown it is much easier to kill things that are different than us. Since we don't know what this threat will be it is hard to predict how our conscience will affect the equation.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

If we were bread... Again just a theory... We were bread to be survivors...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

AI systems thousands of times more advanced and robust would make better warriors in all cases. You're probably not of the mind to believe this, but within 100 years you will see beings more intelligent, cunning, innovative, and clear minded than any average human. Whether or not they where biological skins or artificial skins, these AI systems will definitely be better at "killing" or whatever than humans are.

So no. We are not bioweapons. We are children that have access to the worst and best of creation.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
What's more scary, thinking we aren't alone, or knowing we are?

What would be more scary is know there's something more intelligent than us.
To answer your question, thinking we aren't, due to the possibility of the scenario above.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well as the human mind is generally engineered to avoid conflict at all costs, then i dont see how this theory holds water.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Bred to get the gold. Extract it, gather it, and ultimately consolidate it. It has taken thousands of years, but I think we are almost there. Nice job, guys.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

True. Maybe we are only an experiment? There could me many reasons we are created. A selfish god could have created us to worship him. Kind of the ultimate power trip.

We could be some kind of intergalactic reality show... Let's watch what those crazy humans are up to today. I wonder when they will ever learn... Are we the alien's version of Gilligan's Island?

I am not set on my theory. I do have an open mind. My point in creating this thread is to discuss the why we may have been created. Not the how and to come up with the most logical conclusion... And to find the most facts to support that conclusion....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Have you ever trained in martial arts? There are many millions of people around the world who do... The martial theory is we train to fight so we do not have to...

Maybe if we become enough of a threat the great threat that may be out there will think twice turn around and head the other way...

The same theory used by the government when we built the A-Bomb... We built it so we don't have to use it...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

What worries me if a body can contain a soul is there an artificial means to
contain souls.I have read there is a machine hidden in Antarctica .

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

I have thought much about this as well. Why do we covet gold so much? Since the beginning of history we have searched for more gold... We have fought for it. Civilizations have been completely erased for it... Men have risked their lives (or wasted their lives) trying to turn lead into it...

I know gold does not easily corrode and is a very good conductor. However, it seems like we still use it more for jewelry and show. Maybe gold still has some secrets to be unlocked? Gold is another mystery I am interested in.. But wouldn't a technologically advanced race.. Or a supreme all powerful being have an easy time extracting the gold form this planet without spending thousands of years to develop a race of humans to do it for them? Why not just sterilize the whole planet then come down and mine it themselves?

It seems like there is more to our purpose than gold. But gold may be a key ingredient to our success or failure of whatever our true mission is...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

We could be just an experiment, or maybe they bred us to be slaves. Who knows.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by madjetxe

It has been said that we are not bodies containing a soul, but we ARE soul, manifesting a "physical" body on these planes.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I disagree. Even without weapons and technology we can adapt and overcome the greatest opponent. I think a reliance on technology for too long can result in losing this ability. An advanced society that has only experienced peace and prosperity for thousands (or millions) of years could lose its ability to understand and react appropriately to conflict and a truly hostile enemy...

Technology will never replace our ability to overcome... Sure bigger and better weapons, advanced technology and more soldiers make you formidable... But look at Vietnam for example, we had better weapons, better technology, more soldiers, yet we were not able to win by any means. Logically the U.S. should have dominated. But they did not. A prime example of why this point of view is not correct.

Even the ewoks were able to defeat the empire using nothing but sticks and rocks...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join