It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought, now a question...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
several months back i started a thread-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this thread was created for myself to try and gather information from the various "experts" here on ATS...the thread gathered a good amount of attention ( i was very impressed with the responses and discussion )...a few mods even complimented the thread... i would now like to ask another question...

i read a post by a member on a different thread a few days ago, and their comment made some strange sense to me. i did not save the comment or the thread so i cannot give the credit where the credit is due...but the comment i think is relevant enough to ask the question-

the member asked why there has been a reduction in chemtrails as of late...

this thread is NOT to continue a dead debate about the realities/fabrication of the idea of chemtrails...the above mentioned thread is a great pool of information on the topic...but the members question had me thinking...

the chemtrail topic was very popular around this past fall/winter/spring...many people argueed they could not exist...but many also argued they were real, and everywhere... if you read my old thread i even write of how i had been filming, and researching these huge, lasting "lines in the skies"...and as the other member mentioned...i too have rarely seen them in the past few months

in the past few months we have also skipped spring, and landed on one of the hottest summers i can remember (only 22, so i cant remember that far back)...

to make this long story short lol...

could the chemtrails truly have been produced for malevolent purposes...i.e. heat the globe, or trap heat in the globe? by the time the topic had reached its peak popularity they could have been well to the point they needed to be, and once the spotlight was too big to continue...the damage was done

the less conspiracy side of me says the two are related, but not in this sense...i have learned that contrails are influenced by altitude and moisture in the air...

could the reduction in "chemtrails" be because the atmosphere is less "wet" and the drought has left the skies empty of contrails?

if anyone would like to educate me further it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you for your time reading my ramblings, and hopefully answering my question

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
contrail vs chemtrail thread?

incoming lalala storm...

im just going to say that in my honest opinion, i think they are real.

that is my opinion, based off of my experiences.

i don't even want to discuss it further, but those are my 2 cents.

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAsay1LOVE

could the reduction in "chemtrails" be because the atmosphere is less "wet" and the drought has left the skies empty of contrails?

if anyone would like to educate me further it would be greatly appreciated.

Winter vs summer -

see here

and here

Contrail conditions are more common in front of fronts (sic), and there tend to be more fronts in winter IIRC.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

right on man...i appreciate the comment...and id still have to agree with you that contrails are one thing...but some of the "lines" are not contrails...

however, that was not the point of this thread lol...

skip to the last 2 mini paragraphs i had posted for the purpose here lol

ill help-

if contrails are created from the variables of altitude and moisture-

could the reduction in visible "chemtrails" as of late, and the severe drought be because these chemtrails were meant to do this...or perhaps the reduction in chemtrails is due to the drought...as there would be far less moisture in the atmosphere?

i know nothing about atmosphere, and moisture in the air, yadda yadda, hence the question lol

most will probably dismiss this as ignorant, but to me, it is a legitimate notion

thank you

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

this is the kind of material i am looking for...thank you Gaul...and its good to see you back on one of my threads!

i hope you enjoyed the last thread (up until i lost my password and no longer could log on...didnt want to create a new account, and was too lazy to just go through my emails to re obtain the password lol), and i hope to see you around some more

thank you

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAsay1LOVE

right on man...i appreciate the comment...and id still have to agree with you that contrails are one thing...but some of the "lines" are not contrails...

however, that was not the point of this thread lol...

skip to the last 2 mini paragraphs i had posted for the purpose here lol

ill help-

if contrails are created from the variables of altitude and moisture-

could the reduction in visible "chemtrails" as of late, and the severe drought be because these chemtrails were meant to do this...or perhaps the reduction in chemtrails is due to the drought...as there would be far less moisture in the atmosphere?

i know nothing about atmosphere, and moisture in the air, yadda yadda, hence the question lol

most will probably dismiss this as ignorant, but to me, it is a legitimate notion

thank you

very confusing, but who knows? anything is possible.

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

lol good call man...thank you for your time...i dont think ill get a solid answer, much the same as with the other thread...but i find it fun to speculate, and love hearing others opinions...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JAsay1LOVE

As has been said, it all has to do with conditions. Phage even did his own independent research and drew graphs on it based on several years of ATS response to the "chemtrail" phenomenon. It seems that in the winter and spring/fall, there is a much greater chance for persistent contrails to form, and not as much in the summer, although they still can in places.

So the same folks are still looking up, they just aren't seeing as many lines in the sky and they don't usually put 2 and 2 together.

Based on all this information, either 1 of two things is true.

1. Most of what everyone thinks are "chemtrails" are actually contrails.
or
2. Chemtrail pilots have a bad ass contract and get to take the entire summer off like teachers.

To quote an amazingly over used statement, "do your own research"

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

lol, thank you for your response...i do my own research...but in doing so I sought the help of others who may have done more research than myself.

i apologize if my using this resource to gather information has upset you lol

thank you for your time

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

no, you misunderstood, It was a joke. Anytime you disagree, or you are wrong, you just pull out the old, "do your own research" and at least in your mind, you won.

My point is clear. Either they don't spray in the summer, or perhaps the persistent contrails have been misidentified as "chemtrails" a bit too often. You decide.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

lol, i understand now. my mistake...

good call, and i do believe that the phenomena are most likely persistent contrails. but with a little voice continually saying "they still seem odd" i like to study...

i really was trying to get answers only as a secondary...my main goal was to try and bring a debate back to ATS with out a topic that was overly saddening and negative, and bring a positive voice to a thread... i feel as tho many threads here are solely to point out bad, and to ridicule one another for there beliefs...my study of chemtrails is really quite minimal- as is my time spent contemplating them- as opposed to other topics of study; however, i dont like seeming nothing but bad.

i will try again to bring a positive light to ATS, but with another topic of discussion. sadly tho, most people only like to frequent the negative threads lol

i hope to see you in the next one my friend...

for what its worth...you are one of my favorite people to hear from, as i see you often in threads that have to do with masonry

thank you for you time

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Depending on the altitude that the chemtrail is sprayed. They can last up to a year before they need to spray again. The chem-planes you saw are most likely spraying in a different area now.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

i have recorded some crazy sights...i have a video from last summer where there were 8 planes making a checkerboard in the sky...the lines not only persisted, but grew, for 2 days...completely blanketed the skies

again...8 planes...ALL AT ONE TIME...directly above where i live...

but this summer...almost none...and the drought?

something tells me there could be a correlation there, but i am just only learning

thank you for your time and response

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

But there are lots of planes in the sky at any given time. If the conditions are ripe for contrail formation you will see them all and given the nature of air transport they can hardly fail to form a grid under such conditions. Where the trails cannot form, or sublimate immediately, you will not see one single plane, they are seven miles above you and impossible to spot. It doesn't mean they aren't there.

There are several scheduled flights over me on any given day, but on the days where contrails form it can look very dramatic and I've taken photos of it, on other days there's nothing o see, but the flight still pass over.

Here's an example. On most days I might see a single short trail or one or two, or even none, but then one day while I had my camera it looked like this

To further illustrate the point about not seeing them here is a zoom shot of a Turkish airlines flight (I always like to confirm the ID visually)

Now, shot at the same focal range as a human eye, only the trail is visible, remove that and you see nothing.

edit on 28-7-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
Depending on the altitude that the chemtrail is sprayed. They can last up to a year before they need to spray again.

What is the evidence supporting this assertion?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by MagicWand67
Depending on the altitude that the chemtrail is sprayed. They can last up to a year before they need to spray again.

What is the evidence supporting this assertion?

i was thinking the same...i have tried to research this specifically but i have yet to find credence to this comment

i have never seen one last longer than a day or two

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

thank you so much for the pictures. i have so many that look just like this...

i will go through my old thread on the subject...

Phage- he posted a link to a site where you can see "close to real time" the scheduled fights and flight paths in a given area..it really was an eye opening website...

i will find the link and repost, should this be something youd be interested in as well

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Indeed it is. The data on the photos was taken from flight radar 24, they also have a smartphone app which is rather useful too

edit on 28-7-2012 by waynos because: Spelin

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

thank you for the reply...do you know the app name? i would be interested in checking that out...i dont have a smart phone but interested none the less lol

thank you

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yes it's he same name as the website, Flightradar 24.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join