It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bug Out Belt...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Lets say you have had the fore thought to not only assemble a good bug out bag but also you have made plans for a bug out belt (in-case you lose your bug out bag)..

What would you include on your belt system?

E

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

danananananananananana

batman

i always thought about having a cool belt like batman, but i would recommend you get a belt that isn't on the bulky side because it will be difficult to be comfortable in it, and it will make you overheat.

too small of a belt, and you can't carry enough useful things.

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
reply to post by EqualizerUK

danananananananananana

batman

i always thought about having a cool belt like batman, but i would recommend you get a belt that isn't on the bulky side because it will be difficult to be comfortable in it, and it will make you overheat.

too small of a belt, and you can't carry enough useful things.

peace.

Very true.

E

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
A good old simple leather belt with a hip pack. You can find leather ones on etsy.com. I'd find them and link but I'm posting via my phone.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohyouknow
A good old simple leather belt with a hip pack. You can find leather ones on etsy.com. I'd find them and link but I'm posting via my phone.

Would leather belt be better than fabric?

E

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

E

I would go for the fabric belt over a leather one. The fabric belt would wear longer and wouldn't dry out like a leather one.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is actually a great idea, and the military do this as well. It's called L.B.E gear. I myself have this:
www.vtarmynavy.com... with many MOLLE gear attachments with lots of useful gear. I mainly use grenade pouches for various small items, and I also have a a couple old M-16 mag pouches that carry the bigger survival items. It's not meant to replace my bugout bag, but to supplement it. It becomes a force multiplier with the bag, and when going should get tough, ditch the bag, and run with the vest. I could live off of my vest for 3-4 days easy, probably longer if really needed. It's all in how, and what you pack. Mine, personally weighs in at around 10lbs, maybe a little more, and that aint nothing to run with when your really needing to run.
edit on 26/7/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/7/12 by gunshooter because: to many adult beverages ..... sorry

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
A good military issue belt and two drop leg pouches on each side.They attach to the belt and secured to lower thigh. I would put smaller versions of your necessities plus more. I would also make them light in case you do have your bob with you, That would be excessive weight at that point. Maybe just one drop pouch. On belt you could use knife sheaths or cell phone holster and attach with alice clips if need be.. Gotta improvise as thats what you will be doing when shtf. I have a sheath that has a dip net netting in it and a survival fish gear.Hardly weighs anything.Roll things up tight and wrap with rubber bands to keep tightly wound. Rubber bands will be useful as well. Safety pins pinned to things will be helpfuk also.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by earthart

those can be pretty useful, but I tend to stay away from anything more than a side arm, and maybe a couple extra mags. if you've ever tried doing some serious crawling with them on, you can hurt your legs or get stuck on things pretty bad. just my experience, and what I've heard around as well. I just wouldn't make them to loaded with large objects such as tools and such.

the drop leg pouches I was refering to

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

E

personal preferences.

you could probably find many different reasons why each is better or worse.

many different types of leather and fabrics as well.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

i find hip packs super uncomfortable and annoying, i would recommend an all around pack, with storage around 100% of it, instead of making it all heavy in on point.

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
This is actually a great idea, and the military do this as well. It's called L.B.E gear. I myself have this:
www.vtarmynavy.com... with many MOLLE gear attachments with lots of useful gear. I mainly use grenade pouches for various small items, and I also have a a couple old M-16 mag pouches that carry the bigger survival items. It's not meant to replace my bugout bag, but to supplement it. It becomes a force multiplier with the bag, and when going should get tough, ditch the bag, and run with the vest. I could live off of my vest for 3-4 days easy, probably longer if really needed. It's all in how, and what you pack. Mine, personally weighs in at around 10lbs, maybe a little more, and that aint nothing to run with when your really needing to run.

edit on 26/7/12 by gunshooter because: to many adult beverages ..... sorry

personally, i don't like anything at all like this.

its complicated and claustrophobic.

a simple and not so big, comfortable backpack that fits you well + a nice belt that has carrying spaces all around is way better in my opinion.

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
THIS BELT/BAG looks nice.

It's like a combo bag/belt. Looks like it has more room than some utility belts.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassiper

It's like a combo bag/belt. Looks like it has more room than some utility belts.

...umm.. well im just saying but... it looks like a purse.

im not sure how i would comfortably wear that in any situation.

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I think the side sling bags are cool ....

E

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I know it's probably irrelevant, but are you male or female? lol
I have to admit that if we had this my husband would make me carry it because it looks like a purse.

(just light-hearted fun... take no offense to me asking your gender.)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I always hated LBE gear. I think it's unnecessary if you have the foresight and planning to dress for your situation and you've packed your BOB in a logical manner.

What is generally carried on a basic LBE system:

Ammo
Two Way Radio
First Aid Kit
Grenades
Restraining Devices
Flashlight
General Use Pouch (Snacks, Pens, Notepad, etc.)
Night Vision Goggles, Binocs
Hydration System
GPS Nav System

In a SHTF scenario, all that ammo is a detriment to your survival, IMO. Plus, the last thing you want to do is get into a shootout.
You definitely don't need Nades.
Restraining devices can be attached to the side of your BOB, within easy reach.
For most occasions, a small LED flashlight will suit your needs and can be attached to a simple belt.
No need for a general use pouch, wear pants with cargo pockets.
NVGs aren't really necessary, TBH, Binocs can sit in the front pouch of your BOB or attached to it by MOLLE.
Your BOB should have a hydration system pocket.
The GPS units for the military are bulky and are dependent on cover and weather. Learn to read a map.

I would go with a riggers belt, nylon/polyester, whatever the general fabric is. Add in a pouch for my multi tool, LED flashlight and one extra mag for my sidearm. Sidearm attached with a drop holster. Everything else goes in pockets for easy access.

When you pack your BOB, you plan how you pack it. Items you may need only in certain situations get packed towards the bottom, items you could need at a moments notice near the top. First Aid and Survival tools in the front pocket or attached by MOLLE.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

...umm.. well im just saying but... it looks like a purse.

im not sure how i would comfortably wear that in any situation.

peace.

Indiana Jones had a purse.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I always wear a strong leather belt with rivets in the holes. On my belt, I always carry my leatherman and a small flash light.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
this here is all you need.
i have four setups, one for everybody in the family.
and divide the load that is need for the whole between the four.
and then everybody has space for personal stuff that is with in reason.
there are many different pouches and holsters you can get for web belt and a couple of styles for the shoulder straps for the belt.this is a med alice pack shown with out frame, i have both.
you can find these at any army navy surplus fairly cheap, or the online surplus sites.

the first are what i had in the corps, i'm kinda partial to it.

this is a molle set up, which is kinda nice/

the way i see it if it's good enough for the USMC, then it's good enough for me

top topics

join