It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when the 2nd Amendment is attacked? People Buy More Guns!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

People know by now, every chance the gun grabbers can point a finger and use a tragedy to restrict guns they will. Clinton's assault weapons ban and waco go hand and hand.

Yet it always has the opposite effect; more guns are sold!

I say - keep doing it!

The worse thing people can do is cower and stop buying guns.. The government knows what the south will rise again means.

If they came for the guns, the south will rise again.

Fortunately gun ownership isn’t a north/south thing…the 2nd amendment of the constitutional applies to all….but I most definitely see your point.

My OP should bring a smile to the face of any 2nd amendment supporter. We have always (and continue to) win the war being waged against the 2nd, though admittedly the country is walking a fine line. The gun sale stats don’t lie though…the more they push gun control the more the PEOPLE resist.

….and I couldn’t resist posting THIS video again!

Flame away trolls!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by benrl

I have to say I am planing on getting some items I have been holding off on, all before Nov now...

Have a few rifles have been on my shopping list for too long, need to hurry up and get them.

Based on everything I’m reading I think you might have to wait in line!

The day after the shooting, after I heard the first talk of “assault weapons” and “high capacity magazines”, I ordered two more 100 round BETA mags (like the shooter used) for my AR because I knew they would be the first (and easiest) on their list of things to ban.

When the government threatens – people respond.

Smart move armatec does make the 150 rounders, and hope they weren't the korean knock offs buy as much as you can and so do other people.

For two reasons:

More gun laws and prices will go up hell buy bulk ammo too it's not like it has a shelf life and ammunition has gone up and has been in short supply for the last 3 years.

Smart move not to take any chances.
edit on 26-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Smart move armatec does make the 150 rounders, and hope they weren't the korean knock offs buy as much as you can and so do other people.

For two reasons:

More gun laws and prices will go up hell buy bulk ammo too it's not like it has a shelf life and ammunition has gone up and has been in short supply for the last 3 years.

Smart move not to take any chances.

It’s always smart to buy anything in the face of potential shortage…especially when it’s a commodity that never loses much value.

You can NEVER go wrong with guns. I’ve purchased a few guns (and other things) that are currently worth more than I paid even though they’re used. I wish I could say that about every purchase I’ve made.

You can always re-sell guns later to recoup your money and if you don't 'need' excess ammo you'll just have to go to the range more often and use it....not an entirely bad situation.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You gotta love it. For every time they even make is FEEL like they will take our guns, it gets that much harder to actually take our guns.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by seabag

You gotta love it. For every time they even make is FEEL like they will take our guns, it gets that much harder to actually take our guns.

Friday was another huge victory too.

This is GREAT news below!

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms today applauds the decision by the United States to not sign the proposed International Arms Trade Treaty, and CCRKBA credits grassroots action for the gun rights victory.

CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, who is at the United Nations in New York, said the announcement came Friday morning after a week of intense negotiations.

“I think the grassroots surge by American gun owners against this treaty convinced our government to not sign this document,” Gottlieb said. “The proposed treaty, as written, poses serious problems for our gun rights, and the sovereignty of our Second Amendment.”
link

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have never had much use for high cap magazines myself save two 30 rounders for 3-gun.

Beginning Monday straight through to today I've spent about two weeks salary on everything from more 30-rounders to surefire 60's and 100's and even a god-awful beta cmag that is known to be junk but that's not the point. The point is under the '94 ban $200 cmag's were going for $500-$700.

As long as there is AWB and high-cap ban chatter putting cash into everything these politicians hate is better than putting it into an IRA.

edit on 28-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I have never had much use for high cap magazines myself save two 30 rounders for 3-gun.

30 rounders are “hi-cap” by most standards. 30 is good but 100 is better…why not have a few of both?

Beginning Monday straight through to today I've spent about two weeks salary on everything from more 30-rounders to surefire 60's and 100's and even a god-awful beta cmag that is known to be junk but that's not the point. The point is under the '94 ban $200 cmag's were going for $500-$700.

Most gun people were thinking the same way…I ordered two 100 rounders this week because of the potential for a ban. Why not? I may never use them (I have no intention) but I can always resell them for a profit (or trade for something I do need) if the price jumps.

As long as there is AWB and high-cap ban chatter putting cash into everything these politicians hate is better than putting it into an IRA.

Amen!

It’s never stupid to invest in something that is soon to be in limited supply; and you can never go wrong investing in guns and gun related products.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't own a gun yet but I will soon. I will be ready to use it but pray to zeus that I won't have to.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Em2013 because: grammar nazi (yes i fail at it)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I have an honest question for...most of you it seems: Why are you buying guns now? What was so drastically different from this period than three weeks ago? One politician makes mention of some form of gun control that won't affect you and you feel the need to spend hundreds of dollars because...why?

I don't understand the kneejerk reaction a number of you are having to this. Do you genuinely believe that guns are going to be outright banned? Do you really, honestly believe that? There has been little to no indication of that even coming close to happening. If you believe that it has come so close you're deluded and your gut reaction seems to be intimidation rather than legislation or protests or voting.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

They just need to keep running their mouth and everyone one will be armed to the teeth. Too bad I don't have stock in guns and ammo right now they are probably getting rich. I don't have any guns but I am planning on getting some and everyone I know is buying more. Let the blue hats show up on American soil. Thats all we need to get the rest of the country on board. Americans are not as stupid as most people think they are. Basically they are just lazy. They feel that they pay the government officials to work for their best interest so they don't have to spend what time they have all involved with politics. When you pay someone to do a job and then have to do it yourself people are not very happy. Right now most Americans are not very happy.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
everybody runs out & gets a gun, great now we have alot of people with guns that never had one before ,if i was a gun hater this would be great just set back and count the shootings as they go up..a normal domestic fight will now be a shooting.i cant wate to see what happens next

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It is a function of "the law of unintended consequences" where the desired outcome can not be predicted and may, in fact, be the opposite of what was desired AND a law of economics where consumers will increase the demand for a product where there is a perceived future decrease in supply. Not to mention (OK I will) the rationale that a government which would violate bedrock principles of the republic and unalienable rights of its citizens is a reason to counter said machinations of government by exercising the right to keep and bear arms (2A under its true rationale which is to protect the citizens from a rogue or tyrannical government; not for hunting or sporting purposes).
edit on 28-7-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

everybody runs out & gets a gun, great now we have alot of people with guns that never had one before

It’s never too late to learn!

if i was a gun hater this would be great just set back and count the shootings as they go up..a normal domestic fight will now be a shooting.i cant wate to see what happens next

Do you have any stats to back up your ridiculous statement?

Violent crimes in the US have continued to stay below gun ownership rates; obviously a direct result.

The greatest issue with gun ownership in the US is the percentage of ownership between law abiding citizen and criminals. As long as that balance remains remains in favor of law abidin citizens then there will be no problem.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Great Graphic (might want to lablel the respective lines tho).
A Picture is worth 1000 words.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by seabag

Great Graphic (might want to lablel the respective lines tho).
A Picture is worth 1000 words.

I figured the viewer could scroll over!

Do you see the bar at the bottom of the pic?

Thanks for the heads up though...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
I have an honest question for...most of you it seems: Why are you buying guns now? What was so drastically different from this period than three weeks ago?

I've been wanting to own guns for many years now and have had a lot of fun shooting them out back from simple bb guns to a 50cal magnum. I like to try and get better, there's nothing really to special about that. And plus the better you are the less chance of a fatality on someone innocent can happen.

Also since the Obama Administration has stated that they wanted to enlist everyone between 16-25 into basics, then I started to get worried. The more tyrannical he got, the more I wanted to get a gun in case he goes full-on against its citizen. An unlikely scenario but if I'm threatened of my life, I'd like to defend it. So far, my life hasn't been threatened and I'm okay but as a survivalist, having a plan for everything tends to be part of who I am. No, I'm not saying I'd use it against anyone, I'd just defend myself if someone decided to barge in on me without a reason. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have a gun when night burglaries have been on the rise lately.

Take away our guns and you can take away anything else. It's in the constitution for a reason and don't let the government try to convince you that they will play nice.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Lots more innocent people being shot to death.
That is what has happened so far.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Some guy goes and uses a hundred round mag in a theater shooting - It jams because that's what hundred round mags do, and you go and buy some? Classic.

Anyway, it is indeed ironic but not surprising that the political talk of gun control from day one would spur such an increase of sales. Bloomberg and others probably should have kept their mouths shut, eh?

I don't even want to think about the local shop near me. On any regular day there's a dozen people in it at least. Since the shooting, the place must be packed! I won't know though - Ever since they put up a Mitt Romney banner smack dab in the middle of the store, I decided it's time to find a new gun shop.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I actually can't wait to get back to the U.S. so that I can purchase at least one more for myself. I'm stuck out of country until December...hoping the laws don't change too much before I can get back.

Not sure why people are still wondering 'why' this happens. Guns are something the U.S. citizens have always had and most of us cherish. This means even a rumor of that right being taken away causes many people to take advantage of this responsibility of gun ownership 'just in case.'

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I've never believed in having such high capacity magazines either. I figure that if I cannot take out my target within 10 shots at a minimum, I deserve to lose that dual.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join