It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when the 2nd Amendment is attacked? People Buy More Guns!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It appears that when some people within our government start talking about the 2nd amendment and gun control people around the country act. Within weeks Florida will become the first state in the US to have over 1 million concealed license holders.

Florida has been issuing between 10,000 and 20,000 carry permits a month and will reach 1 million in a few weeks, the paper said.

"At the rate at which we are processing permits, we will sometime in the next six weeks to two months likely reach the million permit mark," Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam.

The number of carry applications began to rise about three years ago, when Barack Obama was elected president.

“There always seems to be a concern when there's a change in federal administration, when there might be some attention placed on gun control laws," said Sterling Ivey, spokesman for the state Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, which handles carry permits.
link

The recent shooting in Colorado sparked almost instantaneous gun control talk in DC resulting in a gun buying frenzy in Colorado

It has not even been a week since the horrific massacre in a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado that left 12 dead and 58 wounded. Data released by the Colorado Bureau of Investigations show that applications for background checks rose 43 percent in the state three days after the shooting.
link

In fact, gun sales nationally have been on the rise and breaking records for some time now.

Back in 2009 gun manufacturers labeled President Barack Obama as the “best gun salesman of all time.” They weren’t even jesting. The FBI recorded a 49 percent rise in gun background checks during the 2008 election week compared to the same week a year earlier. Fear of coming gun-control legislation certainly helped sell those guns, though how much is impossible to say.
link

So no matter what they do (or even advocate for) the American people will react accordingly. Guns will always be a part of American culture and all the UN pandering in the world by our elected officials will not stop the American people from owning guns. The senate knows this as well. Gun control is not a fight they’re willing to get in to this close to an election...even though Obama wants it.

As President Obama added his voice to the push for stricter gun rules in the wake of the Colorado movie theater massacre, the suggestion made a prompt thud on Capitol Hill when the top Senate Democrat said he can't fit the gun control debate in the schedule.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, asked Thursday about Obama's remarks on gun control the night before, said the Senate's packed schedule precludes any action on firearms legislation. Asked if the Senate might debate the issue next year, Reid said, "Nice try."
link

Like it or not…guns are here to stay!

2012 has been another successful year for 2nd Amendment!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have to say I am planing on getting some items I have been holding off on, all before Nov now...

Have a few rifles have been on my shopping list for too long, need to hurry up and get them.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

GOOD FOR YOU AMERICA!!

when it really counts, we show it!

HA!

Government: umm maybe we want to take your guns away

Americans: FUS RO DA!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Kind of pissed I live in Canada just for that reason. How I would love to go to a range and shoot off MY gun.
Never going to happen. But I learned to live with it as we have some unmentionables you don't.

Rock on America, exercise that RIGHT.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I have to say I am planing on getting some items I have been holding off on, all before Nov now...

Have a few rifles have been on my shopping list for too long, need to hurry up and get them.

Based on everything I’m reading I think you might have to wait in line!

The day after the shooting, after I heard the first talk of “assault weapons” and “high capacity magazines”, I ordered two more 100 round BETA mags (like the shooter used) for my AR because I knew they would be the first (and easiest) on their list of things to ban.

When the government threatens – people respond.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Kind of pissed I live in Canada just for that reason. How I would love to go to a range and shoot off MY gun.
Never going to happen. But I learned to live with it as we have some unmentionables you don't.

Rock on America, exercise that RIGHT.

please share your Canadian secrets with me, i wanna know the cool stuff you guys have, because im bored.

pleeeeeaaaasse.

^_^

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

personally want to pick up a FN-PS90, been meaning to get that gun forever, but as I am in ca I have to wait till I move to Oregon on the 16th of august.

I plan for it to be my first purchase once I finished establishing residency might even have to have it ordered now, I already have contacted a reputable dealer in Portland about ordering it.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Gun sales have picked up in California too. My buddy is a manager at a well known gun store in LA. Said people have been coming in like crazy in the last few days buying up guns. All types too from regular joes, to women to even the entire case of a sitcom.

Just a few hours a go two people came in asking to buy the last few cali legal AKs variants in stock. And they did.

More people own gun in the US then the PC knee jerkers would ever believe. Screw the UN. You guys can go be a bunch of pussies that F everything up and run like cowards (as usual) I'll be back home in the USA with my gun waiting for the day we'll have to go in and save your asses....AGAIN. it's like they don't learn from their own history and then try and tell us what to do with ours. F that.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I agree. I was in my local gun shop today, and picked up a .22 rifle. For the last several months I have been wanting to get one because I want to try my hand at competitive shooting (eventually). All this talk about gun control is exactly what made me decide that today was the day to pull the trigger (pun intended).

While I was in said gun shop for about 30 minutes, a total of three people came in asking about concealed carry classes, one came in and placed an order for a specific handgun, and another came in looking and purchased his first handgun (an older gentleman, if that's relevant).

While chatting with one of the employees, I asked him how his sales have been lately, and he said that they've picked up somewhat over the last month or so. Now, whether that has anything to do all the gun control talk or just seasonal interest in firearms, I don't know.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
and if they do manage a Semi-auto assault rifle ban...

I guess ill have to go old school after wards with a tactical repeating rifle...

464 spx tactical lever action rifle

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
and if they do manage a Semi-auto assault rifle ban...

I guess ill have to go old school after wards with a tactical repeating rifle...

464 spx tactical lever action rifle

Meh…

Just make a bump stick.

Or just do it the old’school way…

The thing is, every time it’s tried it fails and every time it's tried it results in more LEGAL gun ownership.

Let’em keep trying! All they’re doing is making it IMPOSSIBLE to disarm us.

A gun under every blade of grass.........

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Just make a bump stick.

Slide fire bump fire ar-15

like this?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

I agree. I was in my local gun shop today, and picked up a .22 rifle. For the last several months I have been wanting to get one because I want to try my hand at competitive shooting (eventually). All this talk about gun control is exactly what made me decide that today was the day to pull the trigger (pun intended).

I bought my first gun (a pistol) because I always wanted one and final had the opportunity. My second gun (an assault rifle) was because of the talk of “assault weapons ban” that was going on at that time (late 90’s).

Nothing has changed….they still try and we still buy!

While I was in said gun shop for about 30 minutes, a total of three people came in asking about concealed carry classes, one came in and placed an order for a specific handgun, and another came in looking and purchased his first handgun (an older gentleman, if that's relevant).

I had the same experience last time I bought a gun (a few months ago).

While chatting with one of the employees, I asked him how his sales have been lately, and he said that they've picked up somewhat over the last month or so. Now, whether that has anything to do all the gun control talk or just seasonal interest in firearms, I don't know.

Business is booming for that industry. Between the second amendment threats and all the doomsday talk those guys are raking it in!

**Ever notice that a lot of the gun stores sell dried food and survival gear now too? They're capitalizing!

edit on 26-7-2012 by seabag because:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by seabag

Just make a bump stick.

Slide fire bump fire ar-15

like this?

That's one way to do it. There actually is a bump stick though too. A buddy of mine has one of those slide-fire stocks on a Bushmaster…he loves it.

I won’t get one because I like to actually hit the target and conserve bullets…bullets aren’t cheap!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
When they give up theirs, then we can talk. Police and government turn in theirs first. Fair is fair right>?

Since that will never happen, they have no right to ask for the citizens. Why would sales go up>?

Simple, people don't trust the government.. That is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

When they give up theirs, then we can talk. Police and government turn in theirs first. Fair is fair right>?

Since that will never happen, they have no right to ask for the citizens.

I don’t want them to give theirs up but I sure as hell don’t take kindly to them asking us to give ours up. How about we both keep them; to keep us both honest!

Why would sales go up>?

That is a good thing!

And their desire to disarm us isn’t because they don’t trust us, it’s because that’s the only way they can have complete control over us. We know this, which is why we don’t trust them!

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive.

---Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution (Philadelphia 1787).
link

edit on 26-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I live in Canada, and I'm looking to get my gun license for numerous reasons, mostly to have my own equipment at the range but just in case SHTF
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good starter gun? I'm a woman, but I want something with a bit of power. My Russian genes and father have made me quite fond of weapons, I collect knives and daggers but I think it's time to step it up a notch.
edit on 26-7-2012 by RooskiZombi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by sirnukeem

Since that will never happen, they have no right to ask for the citizens.

I don’t want them to give theirs up but I sure as hell don’t take kindly to them asking us to give ours up. How about we both keep them; to keep us both honest!

Why would sales go up>?

That is a good thing!

And their desire to disarm us isn’t because they don’t trust us, it’s because that’s the only way they can have complete control over us. We know this, which is why we don’t trust them!

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive.

---Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution (Philadelphia 1787).
link

People know by now, every chance the gun grabbers can point a finger and use a tragedy to restrict

guns they will. Clinton's assault weapons ban and waco go hand and hand. The worse thing people can do

is cower and stop buying guns.. The government knows what the south will rise again means.

If they came for the guns, the south will rise again.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

I live in Canada, and I'm looking to get my gun license for numerous reasons, mostly to have my own equipment at the range but just in case SHTF

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good starter gun? I'm a woman, but I want something with a bit of power. My Russian genes and father have made me quite fond of weapons, I collect knives and daggers but I think it's time to step it up a notch.

Congrats!

There is a forum on ATS to search and that question has been asked many times. I’m sure you can find a lot of info there.

Here is a recent thread in that forum for you to check out.

Throw a detailed thread up over there about what you're looking for (pistol, rifle, shotgun, characteristics, etc) and you'll get a ton of responses....I'd be glad to contribute too.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Double

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join