It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any legtimate Ascended masters out there?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The whole idea of someone claiming to be an Ascended Master is a contradiction in terms. Someone who is "ascended" is no longer here, but at the next level. Normal people die. Their body is buried or burned, and their soul moves to the next level. A person who "ascends" is capable of tuning their physical body to this higher dimension, so they "ascend" there, leaving no earthly body behind, but more or less taking it with them. Examples include Jesus, Ramtha, Mohammed, and any number of eastern adepts. Once on the other side, these entities cannot communicate with us normally. Ramtha speaks through J.Z. Knight as a medium, for example.

NOTE BENE: I'm using Ramtha, Jesus, and Mohammed as examples. I'm not claiming either story is real. I just want to illustrate the concept of ascension using well-known examples, which may be, indeed, probably are 100% fiction. If you want to belieev Mohammed ascended to Heaven while astride his horse from the Temple Mount, feel free.

So anyone who claims to be an Ascended Master on Facebook is totally bogus. They're jerking your chain.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I found very interesting the speculative theory of the Bicarmeral mind which
bigfatfurrytexan quoted on:

Perhaps we don't even have the right tools to achieve this state anymore. Perhaps with the death of the bicameral mind (a speculative theory in itself), we lost the level of internal dialogue to effectively answer our own questions
?

i did a websearch on the definition of the bicameral mind and the basic concept explains the left and right hemispheres of the brain were not integrated in a Unicameral arrangements like they are in the era of modern humans. Rather the ancient brain was Bicareral, with the two brains working indpendent of eachoter. The left brain generated ideas and commands that the right brain obeyed, which the right brain interpreted subjectively as coming from a external source, being the cosmos or god or a supernatural intelligence.

That is an incredible concept and appears to opens up a plethora of questions on the nature of reality and evolution and possibilities for the expansion of the mental boundaries in human beings and mabey even other creatures which have divided brains hemispheres.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I think our internal dialogue represents a vestige of a possible bicameral arrangement.

I have pondered this quite a bit over the years. I have even considered if my dog has this going on (it is hard to tell....dogs are completely lacking in an ability to portray abstract thought).

But it is something that is quite interesting to consider.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
As modern humans we like to think our mental capabilities have evolved beyond our ancient lineage. If the theory of the bicameral mind is taken at face value to be fact then a reshape of our thinking may be necessitated, that Modern man is the result of a devolutiony force.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join