It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any legtimate Ascended masters out there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am trying to get a grip on the pyschology of people who sell the idea of Ascension. The basic premise behind the idea is man or woman and those in between will evolve to the point a cosmic union of sorts occurs and their humanity touches God. On tenet of the new age belief is the Ascended masters will help those who have not ascended. There is a growing list of people on Facebook and Internet sites who are making claims to being a Ascended master. Some are better known than others like Exo poltics, Camelo, and then there is the lesser known ones whom appear vehemently seem set on making a name for themselves in the Ascended market place.

Mabey the Camelot is a good metaphor to describe how the ascended leaders, major and minor have formed their own unique round table. The major the mystic priests in the inner circle and the minor the sentries on the outer circle who together have formed a tight protective barrage around the table of hidden secrets, conspiracies, divinity, occult, ufos, clarivoyance and god knows what ever else anyone wants to throw in there.
And this is my point for dicussion. Is what they are guarding just a depository for esoterical fantasy garbage or do these people really have something tangible to support their claim they are closer near to the Cosmic mind of God.

Suffice to say these new age ascenders have different variations and permutations in their stories, but generally alot of them have fantastic stories to tell like Time travel, Mars travel, Pleadian Messages, reincarnated Egyption queens., Astral Remote Viewing, and i am sure will even claim they have Gods direct phone number.
To reiterate more clearly are these ascended masters legtimate or are they just plain crazy, or seeking attention or both. If any are legtimate which ones and why?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
These are the five most common reasons:

• They are in it for the money
  • They want attention
  • They are lying to misinform people
  • They literally believe what they are saying
  • They are bored and have nothing better to do

The simple fact of the matter is that nobody will know which ones are right and which ones are wrong until the events they have predicted do or don't come to pass.

• posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
    link   
    reply to post by AthlonSavage

It is quite possible they're all lunatics.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:38 PM
    link   

no because all the legitimate ones have already ascended.

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
    link   
    Hopefully at the end of this thread i will have a definitive list of names of the "good", the "bad" and the "ugly" of the Ascended leaders. If the general consensus of thread if they are all bad (fakes) it will be a simple list i end up with lol

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
    link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
    Hopefully at the end of this thread i will have a definitive list of names of the "good", the "bad" and the "ugly" of the Ascended leaders. If the general consensus of thread if they are all bad (fakes) it will be a simple list i end up with lol

there are some legitimately wise and insightful people out there, by the way.

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
    link   

If someone is selling the idea of ascension, they know nothing about ascension. One of the inherent traits of someone who would achieve such a state is that they would care little about telling you about it, or convincing you of it. It is kind of like a built in, "First of rule of fight club, don't talk about fight club" kind of thing.

You might look into Sri Ramana Maharshi. Just seeing his image brings tranquility and peace to you. I am not some new age, hokey nimwit. Just look him up, read his wiki, then look at a few pictures of him. As a straight man, i tell you that he is absolutely beautiful.

There are many others, if you dig. Don't buy into that BS new age stuff. Study true people. The brilliance of Maharshi is that to study him meant to sit in quiet contemplation. he communicated primarily by looking at you.

ETA: quit being lazy, decided to share a pic:

edit on 26-7-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
    link   
    Ascension and Ascended Masters are two completely different things. And the Ascension is coded in the Bible and ancient knowledge, the Ben Ben bird and the phoenix, even the Us Great Seal, the Eagle originally being the Ben Ben bird/Phoenix.

But, what it actually means, we don't know. Planetary ascension without dying? The new earth. Or does that mean the recovering earth from a cycle, reset?

When we leave the flesh and if we have grown and learnt how to not harm, then we progress to new levels. That for sure what I think of as ascension, but don't limit it at all.

Ascended Masters? To begin with, have a problem with the word Master, or Throne, or Authority, anything that is not Family and The Equality.

We have Guides and Teachers, some say angels, I don't believe we're ever alone, in this testing ground. But Ascended Masters to me seems more an idea related to the Control Group.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
    link   

If someone is selling the idea of ascension, they know nothing about ascension. One of the inherent traits of someone who would achieve such a state is that they would care little about telling you about it, or convincing you of it. It is kind of like a built in, "First of rule of fight club, don't talk about fight club" kind of thing.

My comment following is in response to bigfatfurrytexan quote above.

Therefore as a first filter to filter out false if someone is eagerly selling the idea of ascension they are are probably fake and another motive drives their intention. Looks like we have our first candidate for the "Good" list Sri Ramana Maharshi. Quite a short list at the moment. What about the bad and the ugly can we populate some names under them.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
    link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

My comment following is in response to bigfatfurrytexan quote above.

Therefore as a first filter to filter out false if someone is eagerly selling the idea of ascension they are are probably fake and another motive drives their intention. Looks like we have our first candidate for the "Good" list Sri Ramana Maharshi. Quite a short list at the moment. What about the bad and the ugly can we populate some names under them.

Anyone that has personally written a book is suspect. If they have written two, they absolutely are a charlatan. To get to such a state that one would be described as "ascended", you have to devote yourself 100% to nothing. Of course, if someone were truly of such a state, they would deny it, realizing that the folly of such talk.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
    link   
    I am an ascended master. I have conquered BS by noting what is going on around me, and using common sense.

That will be $50.00, please.

Would you like to know what my pay pal account number is?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:14 PM
    link   
    Now what I think it all means is this: the every work we all came to do, and the details of cycles, earth, new earth, all of this is less relevant than wherever a person is, in whatever time theyre in and whatever is really happening around them, on earth or in the cosmos, a persons placing has little to do with it.

It means the Christ message. To take care of the body/temple, and the pineal. So detoxing is needed. And alkaline diet. Lots of rainbow foods, fruits and vegetables and fish/chicken.

To be positive and loving, positive thoughts, help others, work out the flaws and weaknesses we have. To match the inner and the outer, in other words, for our words and actions to spring forth from a clean/lovign heart, or Good Spirit.

This awakens our memories and we can shine in our true Soul Light in the world and progress, become more of our Higher Self.

Not sure you avoid leaving the body, via the normal route however.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:26 PM
    link   

It is important to separate the New-Age Industry hype from real 'spiritual' awareness... the two are mutually exclusive. The Industry has followed all other human endeavours.. down the path of unbalanced ego, greed, status-seeking and of course the Lifestyle that status provides. As you can see, it therefore cannot be doing what it was originally intended.

The concept of Ascended Masters is just that.. a Concept. And like all concept's we humans could possibly theorise about, we are so far from the reality that our Beliefs must be a joke.

Many new-agers desire to think of themselvesas being above others.. not so different to average Joe Blogs really. So they begin to Believe the hype and then describe themselves as ... an Old Soul, an Ascended Master, etc. Which only goes to show those who are 'spiritually' aware that as yet very few people have understood anything at all, or had direct experience of what exists outside of Beliefs and their edifices.

There are a few thousand people in the world who have had long-term direct experience, who do Know the bigger picture scenario and how we.. in our limited human perception... fit into it. These people were born this way and fought against it most of their life in order to fit into our Culture more effectively.. life is a lot smoother when you do.

I was taught from an early age to NEVER approach 'spiritual' Practice while holding on to ANY Beliefs. The reason being that ALL Beliefs are self-limiting and therefore do prevent you from experiencing the bigger picture reality. That was the best advice I ever had, and it has served me well for many, many years so far.

If you are wondering why I write 'spiritual' as I have, it is because people separate Spiritual from everything else, which is the exact opposite of reality. All things are simply portions of One thing, and it is we humans in our Limited Perception that make such separations and create Beliefs based on them.

All people have a right to their Beliefs, and I would hope that when experiences occur that set Beliefs in opposition to Reality, that people will then realise how important it is to not Attach to any Belief-Structure. But I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
    link   
    I think people's idea of ascension is very different amongst the various belief sets. I recognize the 'new age' movement as discussion and exploration in the metaphysical now. Humankind will always contemplate the meaning of life, the existence of the soul, the apparent supernatural phenomenon not yet adequately explained. All religions and belief systems are in a constant state of change. Even our historical views change as new discoveries and ideas come into awareness.

I'm not sure people are aware of being ascended masters during their lifetime. When I think of the "masters" I separate the sciences and there are a lot of different ascended masters, even in the liberal sciences such as Mozart and Beethoven or Monet and DaVinci. We have great scientists and philosophers that are instrumental to the state of enlightenment we are in today. Which we are. Our science and technology has opened some mind-bending breakthroughs of exciting discovery and exploration.

However, very rarely are the spiritual and philosophical leaders recognized until after their death, and often times decades to centuries later.

The thinkers, philosophers, and spiritual teachers in the present are generally reformers and have ideas they are hashing out amongst other thinkers, philosophers, and researchers. They are those that are working to solve our social problems which still plague society today. They are not generally recognized until the actual benefits of their ideas are seen, when applied to our society.

Those whose messages and teachings have lasted through-out the ages, should not be forgotten - but we all could due to remember they should be honored, and not forgotten or suppressed.

Should we destroy ourselves in our silly wars over resources and control, (erroneously blamed on belief sets, mankind is being led) where only a small percentage of us survive, and our technology and science is lost - it will be our conscience, symbolism, ethics, philosophies, stories and faith in their being a meaning to life worth exploring that helps us begin again, as we have done many times before.

I believe we are once again at the crossroads. I think the increased supernatural and paranormal capabilities recorded and experienced is indicative of this. But then, our holy texts already tells us that, it's what the prophets always whisper, we have been here before and we keep repeating the same mistakes. When the entities or energies or whatever label you wish to give it gather, it's because they live on earth too or depend upon it in some way, (for some we are just a resource stop or science expedition routed into a jump) whether you understand dimensions or not, whether you understand the universe is filled with life or not. They are first warning we are about to start getting stupid.

Cirque

edit on 27-7-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: thought

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:19 AM
    link   
    A subplot in some of the responses I believe is drawing out the idea that Belief systems manipulate our perception. The immediate thing that comes to my mind then is a true Ascended master or guide someone who has managed to completely, or nearly completely erase a belief system from their mind view field of intepretation & perception, or alternatively is it a person who has found and uses a Belief system which is perfectly tuned into the world and universe around them?

The paypal comment a few posts above cracked me up. Serioulsy it does beg the knowing why a genuine new age ascended master or guide would require a pay pal link? These paypal links are very commonly found on home web pagers managed new agers.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:24 AM
    link   
    Would someone you consider an ascended master need money? Want money? Want followers?

Probably not.

But then again, we don't know all the threads being woven by "The One", so if someone says something that triggers one of those inner "hmmm..." moments, I listen.

Having the belief that ascended masters wouldn't "play the role" of a... lesser state... in order to provide a stepping stone is just another belief system on what "should be". Wouldn't it be fitting to watch a bunch of folks believing they've figured out what an ascended master looks like attacking someone who looks like a charlatan but when fully understood could be seen to playing a pivotal role for the growth of all?

Someone has to be the middle and lower steps for people to find first before reaching the "higher" ones.

All we can do is listen to the heart of what is being said, and listen to how it clicks with our own heart's reaction.

How could anyone even know from our vantage? What are the requirements? Are there ascended apprentices? Ascended "not bads"? Who says they are masters? Why would we believe them based on claimed titles?

It's always going to come down to what is actually said, what is actually heard, and what is actually experienced.

Namaste.
    edit on 2012/7/27 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:44 AM
    link   
    Anyone openly claiming to be an ascended master is not. There are masters or watchers and guides that have overcome all things so to speak but they do not advertise it, they quietly help influence humanity to move forward without violating free will. By their fruits you shall know them...

edit on 27-7-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:52 AM
    link   
    maybe but their fingers pass right through the key boards. It's hard to log on and post.

/insert picture of troll face laughing.

lol

edit on 27-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:31 AM
    link   
    This thread is useful because what it revealing is the true ascension guides are the average joes, the unknowns the everyday people on the street. Every post has brought something worthwhile to me a better understanding of what true ascension and awaking means. Its a sad not one of the self labelled new age ascenders who claim special insight above the ordinary individual have contributed. And mabey this is an indication to the experiences of the avergae joes that the best contribution the self proclaimed ascended can contribute in the discovery and evolution, is maintaining their aloofness, elite clique and silence.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
    link   
    In a rare few minutes of downtime today, I happened upon this thread in my memory, and spent a few minutes contemplating it over a glass of iced tea.

The question I posed to myself is, "Why are people of great spiritual attainment not more well known?", because outside Maharshi, who is imperfect as an "ascended master", i know of no one even close to such a state of nirvana, or whatever your understanding chooses to call it.

The only answer I can come up with is, "Because to achieve this state, you really kind of have to eschew society on your way to eschewing life, to eschewing reality entirely (this is what nirvana is). So a good example of this would be one of those guys who has himself walled up in a mountainside for 20 years so that he can meditate in total sensory deprivation. Learn to fully detach from reality. Often he dies in this pursuit If not, he is left in a state that, by worldly standards, make him completely insane. Is THAT "ascension"? Or is the insanity a side effect of the person who failed, and death is the side effect of the person who may have succeeded? I guess until we stand on the other side of that fence, we will never know.

Then I consider the Amerinds, and the long history of the shaman. Of course, the history is not well documented, but it is there if you know the right folks, and talk with them about it. or just immerse yourself in the culture that exists in place of the Amerind culture. There are still vestiges there.

Or the 'pagans" of Europe, spawned from the greek hullaballoo in the days of neo Classical Greece.

Perhaps we don't even have the right tools to achieve this state anymore. Perhaps with the death of the bicameral mind (a speculative theory in itself), we lost the level of internal dialogue to effectively answer our own questions?

anyway...back to work. Just thought I would share my random thoughts on this subject.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join