It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Certainly As An American You Know The Basic Five.. Or Do You? YOU BETTER!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have to post this thread due to the blind aimless arguments of so many people when it comes to black and white issues in American Politics? NO!!! I am saying if your going to complain and want change in America, or have a bone to pick with problems within the Government and the behavior of "Elected Officials" For your own good and the good of others Please read The Constitution.

Even if you don't remember all of it, something will sink in. I suggest The Basic Five contained in The First Amendment. If you only remember Two of them i.e. Freedom Of Speech and The Right to Peaceably Assemble. You will be way ahead of the game. You see Your rights and My Rights are only opinions without THE CONSTITUTION!!

#1 The freedom of the, Speech.
The first amendment says people have the right to speak freely without government interference. Now do we need a college course on that statement? I don't. Let's move on.

#2Press.
The first amendment gives the press the right to publish news, information and opinions without government interference. This also means that people have the right to publish their own newspapers, magazines, newsletters etc, without government interference.

#3Religion.
The first amendment prohibits government from establishing any religion and protects each person's rights to practice or not to practice religion without government interference.

#4Petition.
The first amendment says that the people have the right to appeal to the government in favor or against policies that affect them or that they feel strongly about. This freedom includes the right to gather signatures in support of a cause and to lobby a legislative bodies for or against legislation.

#5Assembly.
The first amendment says that people have the right to gather in public, to march, protest, demonstrate, carry signs and otherwise express their views in a non violent way. It also means people can join and associate with groups and organizations without interference. Now this is a footnote freedom of the press religion and to petition are very important freedoms. But right now I just wanna talk about freedom of speech and assembly. First of all with regards to freedom of speech let's look at what the first amendment says.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Now listen to this, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press now watch this, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. Now the very beginning of that state and I just made Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. If it stopped right there we would be in trouble. But it doesn't stop there he goes on Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech or the right of the people to peaceably assemble.

So I'm asking you to do is ask yourself if the first amendment says Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or preventing freedom of speech and the right to peaceably assemble then it is a crime to enact such legislation because the first amendment says it's not allowed to happen. I would also like you to take notice of the phrase Congress shall make no law. That right there shows you how far the govt has gone beyond its allowed limits. See when they wrote the constitution it was common sense, understanding, that the president needs congressional approval for many things. We've come so far away from the constitution and its points and principals and its judgments and commands if you will that the president now can act as a dictator go to war without congressional approval. Or the assassination of people. It's a frightening thing isn't?

I hope it's clear what my point is but more importantly what the constitution and the first amendment have to say regarding many things but in this case freedom of speech and the right to peaceable assembly, as well as it being forbid to pass a law that forbids it. In my opinion I'm sure he's a nice man but as a criminal act, the president and Congress are guilty of a crime and are criminals according to the constitution. Now that sounds like strong language It's because it is. Crimes against the constitution are crimes against the American people and in my opinion there is no greater crime.

Keep the faith!!

edit on 26-7-2012 by CherubBaby because: Title

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
S&F!
Hear Hear!
Everyone should have this document tattooed into his brain.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
that's the problem with assemblies and protests.

you can have 1 million people, but if one moron throws a soft drink at a cop, then it is no longer peaceful and the riot gear and pepper spray start to make appearances.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Thank you very much for reminding people caught up in life what there basic rights are. How many people nowadays even contemplate that, but complain?

I was busy gathering many signatures this past spring in Arizona, for many things to be placed on ballots, things that even had to do with Sheriff Joe here in Arizona. People need to have their voices heard and their signature is their voice for many issues. People were quite rude to me while I was doing this, but chances are they are the ones who complain the most about the way things are.

People walked by, yelled nasty comments to me, and took no interest. We need a revival of the 60's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Your "Basic 5" are great values and the cornerstones of human rights. Unfortunately basic human rights are being flouted everywhere on planet earth.
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, thus the human rights of the people can become more and more marginalized by selfish agendas of governments.
Any government that behaves illegally should be held accountable in law, and those persons responsible should be publicly tried in a court of law and if found guily, punished. But it is very difficult to do that, because they control the Media and appoint the top Judiciary. The governments can afford lengthy expensive legal actions, but the people cannot.
Unfortunately, there is no mechanism, despite the best auspices of the honest who drew up constitutions such as yours, to protect the people from the power-hungry who have evil and greed in their hearts.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I know it's supper time and households with two working parents are getting their kids settled into the routine of a quick and easy supper (probably fast food, or fast microwave food) but people need to pay attention to this thread, before they fall into another restless sleep again.....to do it all over again!

It's so much easier to be complacent. This video is from the 70's but has always rung true with me.

It seems nowadays a lot of people are "Pretenders." This song was so prophetic it sends chills through my body.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Sulie because: add text

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyinghaggis

Star to you !!!

I want to sincerely thank you for not the post only , per say, but the content of it. I agree in the broadest sense with what I understand in your message. I have to say as maybe an expansion on your truths that I feel personally i's gone beyond Magistrates and Lawyers insomuch as the prescription if you will , that is going to be needed to heal this sickness and it's symptoms called Treason and or Criminal Acts against The Constitution.

I do want to add something that I feel unique of The Constitution. It plays no favorites by it's design, when it comes to anyone trying to modify it to suit their own agendas. I will say it this way.

#1 The judicial is supposed to interpret The Constitution.

#2 There is a difference in interpreting The Constitution and trying to modify it. i.e. Modifying it and calling it interpretation. I believe the latter is a problem in recent times that has allowed a part of Our Problems as Americans with Our Leaders.

PS There is a big difference between The American People and The behavior of The American Government. and I believe in the freedom of all people in every corner of the world. I simply live in America and Am an american but I am no more important that you, him or her etc, thanks again

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

Thank you for your insight and contributions .. You are so right and it's so close to becoming what I fear is the point of no return

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Your thread
. It's late in the day for us Americans to be finding out what our constitutional rights are. We have the greatest government ever devised and a true land of the free. When we allowed warrantless surveillance, an illegal and anti-constitutional action, to see the light of day, we paved the road for our conquerers. If our elected leaders don't want to follow the constitution, throw them out! When they say that trashing the constitution is for our protection, throw them out! When they say they have powers not given to them by the constitution, throw them out! I shouldn't even say elected leaders because with electronic balloting we may no longer be actually electing anyone.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Star to you Luxordelphi. People don't often realize that simply going to bed when you want to can become a luxury if you not allowed to. Have no misunderstanding about it. The NWO is not interested in what you think or feel or if you have rights.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So much or the very thing we as Americans can base our ongoing freedoms on..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I like the post, but what is it you're referring to with the 1st amendment violations? The examples I can think of is the government's stance against polygamy and what most of us believe is their interference with the press (not by law, but by subterfuge.) it seems you're implying something more about the gov't making laws regarding religions - or am I reading wrong? Not criticizing, I just feel like i'm missing something you're trying to point out.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

The first amendment says,
"Congress shall make NO LAW that abridges the freedom of speech and the right to peaceably assemble."

The is no such thing as a "no free speech zone in America". He is guilty of a crime in doing so. The Congress approved it and and they are criminals as well. That's all there is to it. Furthermore crimes against The Constitution are impeachable. In this particular case The Constitution says if these rights are not protected by the elected we have allowed to protect us then we are to "abolish such Government" and "Install new guards for out future safety"
Period.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

That's why protesting fails, government is too big at this point and they'll throw provocateurs into crowds if it means ensuring their survival. But just imagine if 1 million of you guys marched with weapons, demanding for the government to relieve it's control. I'm pretty sure this would be way more effective at saving the future and possibly the universe, not yelling or chanting for change at the same people who caused the mess. And the way I see it, your window to act with anger is closing. Soon you will have drones flying all over with those communicators installed on every damn block. You wouldn't be able to walk outside without being accused of a crime.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Just keep in mind it say "Congress". Free speach is restricted every day by private corporations and it is not protected by the constitution. Once inside a business, your "free speach" is gone. Just saying.

CJ

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Just keep in mind it say "Congress". Free speach is restricted every day by private corporations and it is not protected by the constitution. Once inside a business, your "free speach" is gone. Just saying.

CJ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------
I don't think we are on the same page. Your comparing apples to mango's. The constitution is to protect Americans from govt. If a person doesn't like their employer , they can find another job or take it up with the labor board. Im talking about taking away constitutional freedoms from all not just someone in a bad work place..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This means that I can show up any place I like with my pistol on my hip and shout out any damn thing I want to.

As long as I am not disturbing peoples sleep or a meeting or the women folk with children.

And If I am then tell me and I'll move on to someplace else.

But otherwise I shall be allowed to appear as crazy as a loon, as long as I ain't hurting anyone.

Just try it nowadays and see what happens.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Who are you replying to and who said anything about acting crazy as a "Loon"?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Sorry for the delay. I was posting a reply in general.

My point is, take the Bill of Rights to any court house or legislative chamber downtown and (with your pistol strapped on) walk in and start a scene by yelling bout those very same rights. See where that gets you. Is that clear enough?

You would be immediately arrested and charged with multiple crimes and very surely be considered "crazy" by "officialdom". Any semblance to the constitutional rights of citizenry has long since evaporated. And I know you know that as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Sorry for the delay. I was posting a reply in general.

My point is, take the Bill of Rights to any court house or legislative chamber downtown and (with your pistol strapped on) walk in and start a scene by yelling bout those very same rights. See where that gets you. Is that clear enough?

You would be immediately arrested and charged with multiple crimes and very surely be considered "crazy" by "officialdom". Any semblance to the constitutional rights of citizenry has long since evaporated. And I know you know that as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------

You're a little dramatic. No, a lot dramatic, you say in your reply,,

TextMy point is, take the Bill of Rights to any court house or legislative chamber downtown and (with your pistol strapped on) walk in and start a scene by yelling bout those very same rights. See where that gets you. Is that clear enough?

CLEAR ENOUGH you say? NOOOOOOOOO not clear at all.

Well first lets clear up the smoke and mirrors some distribute in the midst of Constitutional Simplicity. You give an example that is unlawful and then they use it to explain away the rest of your make believe and erroneous conclusions based entirely on "Rambo" or "Die Hard" action figure behaviors..

You close by saying,,

Any semblance to the constitutional rights of citizenry has long since evaporated. And I know you know that as well.

I know 2 things on this proposal of one sided twisting. Maybe Obama and Congress think The Constitutional Rights of The American People have "Evaporated" But I assure you I strongly disagree and so do Many Americans who are able to recognize a criminal and traitor when they see his handy work.
edit on 29-7-2012 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join