It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Checkpoints Exposed: Journalist Tracked, Targeted & Harassed for Filming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

KUDOS TO WEARECHANGE!! I am loving all the videos they have been putting up recently including this one. Very revealing of the TSA guilty until proven innocent attitude that has been sprawling everywhere in the states. It's time they get exposed for their tyranny against the American people and the violation of their rights dictated by the constitution

EDIT: I laughed when the guy said "the government sent it [the video] to us" HAHHAH so they just admit they spy on citizens and keep record of even their YouTube videos!!
edit on 26-7-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Nevermind... you fixed it.

TSA needs to be stopped. IMO they are "grooming" folks in a few ways. They are getting people accustomed to being searched and treated like second class citizens. We give up rights to be "safe". It's ludicrous. No amount of groping a 3 year old is going to stop suicide bombers and making a 90 something year old woman take off her depends for security reasons is insanity... not to mention demeaning, embarrassing, etc.

The government doesn't care what these agents do, as long as they are present to let folks know they are being watched. It gets people used to the idea little by little.

The reports will keep coming about how they are overstepping their bounds because they are. But they are supposed to. Again...little by little.
edit on 7/26/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
here is the original video that he recorded

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

HAHA

Setting up all their equipment to do the strip search.

I.E. Latex Gloves
edit on 26-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Uhg... how we stand the TSA I don't know. I've never had a pleasant experience with those idiots. This summer I was traveling and had my camera gear, I thought for sure they'd take issue with my tripod as it's big, heavy, and makes a good club if I were so inclined. No didn't take issue with that. Didn't have any issue with my bag full of lenses, optics and containers of various equipment. Nope. Why did they empty the contents of my bag, which the total value likely exceeded their combined monthly wages? Why.... because I had a tiny little bottle of lense cleaner. About the size of my thumb, little bottle, clearly says lense cleaner. I then got scolded for hiding dangerous fluids, and that because I hid such deadly devices I was surely suspect, told to wait behind a screen while 4 douchebags examined their deadly find. x-rayed it, ran some cloth around it, sniffed it, tasted it for all I know. After the molestation of my bottle and again scolded on the seriousness of my infraction I was handed my gear packed all wrong, and handed my big arse tripod (which I felt would have made a much better weapon than a tiny bottle of cleaning fluid, but I digress) and pointed towards my gate (pointed at the wrong concourse mind.. but whatever).

Everytime I deal with TSA I feel far more insecure of my safety than I did prior to have any exchange with them. It's like they hire high school dropouts and wannabe cops on purpose just to ~@#!@ with us.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I am not a fan of the TSA specifically for actions in the op.

Transportation Security Agency
TSA blog - Can I Take Photos at the Checkpoint and Airport?

Contrary to popular belief the TSA does more than just airport security. Since 9/11 and the inception of the TnA err TSA airport security was the primary focus. The TSA also deals with other forms of transportation that is federally regulated.

* - Airport security
* - Mass transit (trains / subways)
* - Commercial motor vehicles - Tractor trailers etc

As far as being legal / illegal -
The TSA's own policies state photography / video recording in an airport is not prohibitted. With that being said it is possible, depending on the owner of the airport coupled with the airports status, there could be local / state laws that do prohibit photography / video.

Again depending on the airport status it is possible, if you are taking photos / video recording, to be asked to stop and to leave the airport. Even though no law was violated it can come back to the whole trespassing argument.

Private property that is open to the public (hospitals / some airports / etc) -
The property owner or his/her designee (like security) do not need a reason to ask a person to leave the property, even if the person has done nothing wrong. If the person refuses to leave they could be detained / cited for trespassing.

Airport stats / categories / owners info

** - The info above is based on the information I could find and dates back to 2009. I have not been able to find any policy / changes to the law past that date so if someone who is more knowledgeable please correct me.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Outrageous, how the TSA guys react.
Very unprofessional.

If they have a problem with somebody filming, they could adress it in a civilised manner.
As well they obviously have no clues about the rules and regulations.

It is, at least where i come from, not allowed to film in train stations without the consent of the operating company. However, no one really cares about private videos like this.

So going on about being a terrorist activity is wrong and counter productive communication.
All we see in the video are overweighted guys pulling around a table, so i don t see where there would be security concerns in this. The whole statement was basically TSA is at the station, which is a fact and no secret.

Most telling phrase, which shows the mindset of these uniformed bullies is heard at 1:39: 'America does not matter'. And that from a guy whose job is to protect enforce the security of the american citizens!

I know, in general all security jobs (be it TSA, police, bouncer or other) involves dealing with difficult people and situations. Good communication and behaviour makes the job much easier for both sides. Bad communication, as in the video makes it far worse, and provokes backlashes.

top topics

join