It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish Summer Camp in Pennsylvania 'Terrorized'; Five Charged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

In three separate episodes earlier this month, three adults and two juveniles caused property damage as they sped dangerously through Camp Bonim in Wayne County in a pickup truck, shouting anti-Semitic epithets and firing paintball guns at campers and staff, District Attorney Janine Edwards said in a press release. The three adults were arrested Wednesday morning and face felony and misdemeanor charges, including ethnic intimidation, terroristic threats and assault.

Source article

How absolutely repulsive. They should be charged with hate crimes also. What a shock, though. A bunch of #kickin' hicks in a pickup truck attempting to intimidate and attack someone different from them. Probably members of the local KKK group.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

In three separate episodes earlier this month, three adults and two juveniles caused property damage as they sped dangerously through Camp Bonim in Wayne County in a pickup truck, shouting anti-Semitic epithets and firing paintball guns at campers and staff, District Attorney Janine Edwards said in a press release. The three adults were arrested Wednesday morning and face felony and misdemeanor charges, including ethnic intimidation, terroristic threats and assault.

Source article

How absolutely repulsive. They should be charged with hate crimes also. What a shock, though. A bunch of #kickin' hicks in a pickup truck attempting to intimidate and attack someone different from them. Probably members of the local KKK group.

What the hell is wrong with these idiots ?

Yes it should be considered a hate crime. The clock is running out on these domestic terrorist. This aint free speech and they are skating on thin ice with this mess.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Exactly how i feel when it is done to the palastinians or any innocent beings.......

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
ok..so not cool firstly.

BUT..

I object to the idea that whole camp of adults and kids were "terrorized" by a few rednecks with some paint ball guns and harsh words.

Can we agree this is a bit of a exaggeration?

These children were terrorized and in fear for their lives by the actions of this group," Edwards said in the release. "The vicious, cruel and obscene nature of the language hurled at the campers is unspeakable. Luckily none of the children suffered any serious physical injury, however, the emotional damage is immeasurable."

It's immeasurable? Are you kidding me.

I mean, I thought this was the media using the word..

Nope, District Attorney..

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by madjetxe
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Exactly how i feel when it is done to the palastinians or any innocent beings.......

Three whole posts until someone brought that up.

Because I'm sure the children in the camp have anything to do with what's going on with the Israel/Palestine conflict. Yes, clearly the children and teens in the camp are the ones calling the shots, right?

The cycle of blame and hate continues. What a shame.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
We know these guys are not Mossad. There was no mass killing.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
americans running about with harsh words & paintball guns shock horror ? could have been worse might have been in afganistan or pakistan with a humvee .some dodgy looking farmers over there .we come in peace shoot to kill

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
ok..so not cool firstly.

BUT..

I object to the idea that whole camp of adults and kids were "terrorized" by a few rednecks with some paint ball guns and harsh words.

Can we agree this is a bit of a exaggeration?

These children were terrorized and in fear for their lives by the actions of this group," Edwards said in the release. "The vicious, cruel and obscene nature of the language hurled at the campers is unspeakable. Luckily none of the children suffered any serious physical injury, however, the emotional damage is immeasurable."

I mean, I thought this was the media using the word..

Nope, District Attorney..

~Tenth

whoa, i completely disagree, its not an exaggeration at all.

first off- picture being like 5-9 years old more or less.

then some men show up out of NOWHERE, driving a big truck and shooting guns at you.

i would be freaking out, and paint ball guns HURT.

they leave terrible bruises and make you bleed.

massive under exaggeration if you ask me.

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Watch, they will start dishing out Terrorist charges all over the place.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Exactly. I guess burning crosses in ones back yard "aint nevah hurt nobody" either according to some of the folks.

Sick.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I never said it wasn't wrong, I never stated those children deserved that.

I'm simply stating they are blowing it out of proportion.

And they are.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yea, finding out the world is filled with people who will hate you solely based on their race...

Thats not world shattering or anything right? it happens to all of us at some point...

Btw I used to paintball all the time, Ive been injured when they hit bare skin, had my knuckle on my right hand index finger blown open by a paintball, could see the tendons pretty crazy.

but thats an area with thin skin and direct bone contact.
edit on 26-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

No they are not because you aren't them.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I never said it wasn't wrong, I never stated those children deserved that.

I'm simply stating they are blowing it out of proportion.

And they are.

~Tenth

i respect your opinion, but that sounded very scary for a bunch of kids, very VERY immeasurable emotional damage.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I see operation megaphone is in full effect here.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

No they are not because you aren't them.

That makes no sense at all.

If that logic worked then I can call police and try to have the Jehovah Witness from up the street locked up because I'm terrified and my children have been "terrorized"by the slurs he yells at me and my family because we are non-traditional.

That would be a great exaggeration and so is the media coverage of this event, and the language used to describe the situation.

~Tenth
And that would not be over exaggerating, because I feel that way..

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Scary yes,

Terrorized? That word is reserved for situations that are a tad bit more extreme than some rednecks yelling at you from a truck and spraying the camp with paint balls.

I'm not justifying the actions of these people in any way, shape or form. I''m just pointing out the almost laughable, but expected sensationalist rhetoric being provided by the media.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

edit on 26-7-2012 by Notadisinfoagent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I don't think he was blaming what happens to Palestinians on the kids who go to this Jewish camp. If he was then shame on him. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Did the JW up the street yell at your kids AND shoot paintball guns at them? And I'm sure that the rednecks weren't just yelling at them. I'd be willing to bet there were derogatory terms for Jews being yelled at them also. To me that would extremely intimidating to children. So I don't think your comparison with your neighbor would be accurate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join