It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Govenment wants your guns... its time to ban movies and video games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Since we are talking about banning guns because they kill people.. well... when a person picks one up points it at another person, puts his finger on the trigger and pulls that trigger.. they kill.

Well its time to ban video games and movies as well, at least ones depicting violence, glorifying gun violence and criminal behavior. As a society we imitate those things we see. "Art imitates life and life imitates art" With these violent movies and video games that turn people into emotionless zombies.

We allow our children to watch and play these horrible things and then people wonder why something like the colorado shooting happens. Its a shame that things like that happen but I wonder why everyone focuses on gun control when even if we have more gun control things like this will still happen.

We cannot stop people from going off the cliff and committing murder by banning guns and anyone whos actually stops to think about it would agree.
list of banned games

This is a video game with actuall game play

If we feed these things to people people will behave badly... not all of course but we are programming our kids with this..

In my opinion violence will continue to rise as the generation of children that have grown up with this cannot succeed and will ultimately snap

So tell me why it is we should ban guns and not these things that actually program people to be ok with murder.

edit on 26-7-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Perhaps it is time to enforce bans on treason within the government ("domestic enemies of the Constitution").

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
People kill so people need to be banned.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

lol yep time to ban people

that would solve the problem.. lets just wipe humans off the planet...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Killing in a video game is completely different from killing in real life. Don't even put them both in the same conversation. These games are more than likely bought and sold more in suburban, or urban areas of First World Countries with few murders, than in hoods and Third World Countries, where murder occurs by the hour. Don't give me that "Video Games Promote Violence" crap. You might have grown up in a almost worry free World, where other thoughts come before death and survival, but look beyond your surroundings. What you see in these video games happens all year long in many countries. These video games just show you what the world is like outside of the box you live in, where do you think these developers get their ideas from to begin with? Guns are okay, and Video Games are okay, you just have evil people, they are the ones that need to be banned, from this Earth. Video Games do not program, and the Government isn't in on it, the conspiracies are getting out of hand.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Killing in a video game is completely different from killing in real life. Don't even put them both in the same conversation. These games are more than likely bought and sold more in suburban, or urban areas of First World Countries with few murders, than in hoods and Third World Countries, where murder occurs by the hour. Don't give me that "Video Games Promote Violence" crap. You might have grown up in a almost worry free World, where other thoughts come before death and survival, but look beyond your surroundings. What you see in these video games happens all year long in many countries. These video games just show you what the world is like outside of the box you live in, where do you think these developers get their ideas from to begin with? Guns are okay, and Video Games are okay, you just have evil people, they are the ones that need to be banned, from this Earth. Video Games do not program, and the Government isn't in on it, the conspiracies are getting out of hand.

How do you figure games don't program people? So by your standards we should allow video games that promote rape, pedofila, child abuse.. ect..

I grew up in a violent world and know its a violent world.

Don't make the assumption I live in an inclosed box and don't know whats the world is really like.

So we should just ban evil people huh... how do you do that.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i wish there was a LIKE button for the comment on let's ban people! ha ha ha that's funny but true!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I guess I go with the saying of "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". I suppose the same can be said about video games in my opinion too. I feel my parents raised me the right way, to know the difference between right and wrong. This day and age, I think parenting has more to do with it than gun laws or bans, or what video games or movies kids watch or play.

Like others have said, where is the line drawn......Banning people?

I also liked a phrase that someone on ATS posted:

"Gun control is like trying to stop DUIs by telling sober people they can't own a car." Or something to that effect.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmonkey
i wish there was a LIKE button for the comment on let's ban people! ha ha ha that's funny but true!

There is, we just use stars here. Click on the star above the reply.

Originally posted by Doalrite
How do you figure games don't program people? So by your standards we should allow video games that promote rape, pedofila, child abuse.. ect..

Don't make the assumption I live in an inclosed box and don't know whats the world is really like.

Simple, how do you figure they do? Because they show things that are a reality? What do you want? Every game is influenced by something. Nowadays the style of games that are popular are FPS's, Fighting Games, etc. That doesn't make it a conspiracy, it's just what the majority is into at the moment, and that's what brings in the cash. The style of games people like now will likely become a thing of the past in 5-10 years, when other ideas come to light, Like virtual realities. What will you say then, they are trying to get us use to the idea of a new world?

I will make as many assumptions as I like because I didn't post this thread, you did. it's a discussion based on YOUR thoughts and feelings, so it has to do with YOU and the subject.

You can't, it was sarcasm in the regards to you saying we should ban video games. Video games are a part of our society now. Video games have become a part of our lives just as snacks have. Banning video games will not be possible without disrupting the lifestyles of many, same goes for banning guns.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Oh here we go again with blame entertainment. People were killing each other before those were even around. People will always kill others. I have played games like that and have not went out and shot up a airport. That mission was a political statement basically against terrorism. It was making a point to show how mean and nasty it is. It dont promote violence. Blame the person who is responsible instead of pushing it off on someone else. I didnt see COD shooting people in a crowded theater.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Maybe if parents would stop buying their 10 year old children games intended for MATURE 17, 18+ adults kids wouldn't be 'programmed' into shooting people? Not that it happens all that often. But hey, when it does, these same parents are quick to blame the video game, and ignore that they bought it for their kid.

How about we ban the news, which constantly shows about people getting shot and killed EVERY single day?

Lets also ban police, who murder people every week and never get punished.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Since we are talking about banning guns because they kill people..

I've heard this sentiment brought up a lot in the last few days. But I have yet to come across anything, mainstream or otherwise, calling for more gun laws or a "ban" on guns.

Where are you seeing/reading this?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It's time to ban chewing gum.

No telling what flavor will send the person off the deep end and become another Ronald McDonald clone.

Or maybe they'll just go wile and tattoo a bunch of hamburgulars on their chest to show their fealty to crime.

The possibilities of madness are endless, I tell you.

PLEASE BAN CHEWING GUM!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

You have me dying laughing over here. We must ban your jokes.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
let ban kitchen knifes the next time a bunch of people get stabbed at a mall and we can all eat with plastic forks. It sad people got shot but that is life it happens from time to time. I still feel safer with the public having guns then no gun.s how would we protect ourselves against the out of control tyrannical govt and parmilitary police thugs?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've played that level and beat the game more then once. I don't feel inclined to shoot up a terminal of innocents.
Sure the idea is there, but it takes a conscious effort to put it into action.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic

Originally posted by dmonkey

There is, we just use stars here. Click on the star above the reply.

Simple, how do you figure they do? Because they show things that are a reality? What do you want? Every game is influenced by something. Nowadays the style of games that are popular are FPS's, Fighting Games, etc. That doesn't make it a conspiracy, it's just what the majority is into at the moment, and that's what brings in the cash. The style of games people like now will likely become a thing of the past in 5-10 years, when other ideas come to light, Like virtual realities. What will you say then, they are trying to get us use to the idea of a new world?

I will make as many assumptions as I like because I didn't post this thread, you did. it's a discussion based on YOUR thoughts and feelings, so it has to do with YOU and the subject.

You can't, it was sarcasm in the regards to you saying we should ban video games. Video games are a part of our society now. Video games have become a part of our lives just as snacks have. Banning video games will not be possible without disrupting the lifestyles of many, same goes for banning guns.

I agree with what you have said 100 percent.. I'm against banning anything I believe the free market should countrol it. I'm just so sick of hearing people going on and on about banning guns and how guns kill people.

top topics

join