It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans during the Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
if you are interested. id like as many of us online posting IF something happens during the Olympics.

in the case that something does, maybe we can read about it before they take it off the internet or the internet goes down.

leave a post or flag if you are willing to, so people know if this will catch on or not.

if you dont want to, please dont reply, id prefer this thread be for people with the same curiousity.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

im wondering how many London atsers are here and willing to post everything they know, it would be nice to locals giving us info, i have a question to the London atsers now. Are there people in Bondon leaving because they are afraid of attacks? if so do u have approx #, also do u notice anything odd in general happening now?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
im in

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Yeah I hear ya.
Part of me wonders.....with all the cuts in police numbers of late (and army/military personnel), and with a strong need for protection in London due to lack of g4s sbility to step up to the mark therefore ensuring over stretched/excessive supplies of cops and soldiers within and around London.....is now the time for the grass roots supporters of anarchy and idealism to go ouy and destroy communities due to lack of surveillance?

Hope not.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Hi there, perhaps the problem with Twitter today was just a test, how long do they need to shut it down.

just my 2 cents

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

are u guys from london?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

i am not, but i think this "little experiment" definately NEEDS a few London ATSers.

really id like just as many people as possible, the more from the London area the better i think. just be sure to come back to this post if something does happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I am a management contractor in the city of London but live in the provinces at weekends.

My employer offered for employees to work from home during olympics but then suddenly withdrew offer at the beginning of this week at the instruction of the CEO.

I have arranged with immediate line manager to WFH until tuesday and then am taking week holiday at end of next week.

It is also apparent the a significant number of key employees are not going to be in London over this key 1st week of Olympics.
edit on 26-7-2012 by RelSciHistItSufi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RelSciHistItSufi

keep us posted.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

i think u should make official thread with a title that conveys to readers that we need atsers to feed info from London, something like "OFFICIAL LONDON NEWS-FEED FROM ATS USERS" or something like that, know what im saying? or can u edit this thread name? i just think it will get more attention from ats users if u change the name

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Will do...

Other useful info as of yesterday:

1) Taxi drivers say 10 to 15% less people at work in the City than normal,
2) Euston train station as busy as a Friday with people leaving City in the evening; an oppressive feeling of surveillance ( but could just be paranoia),
3) Many red double deckers around City "square mile limits" marked as Olympics service (for athletes/officials only) . These typically have few or no passengers,
4) City of London is bordered by bollards on pavements, painted black with red and white tips. Key points (like Aldgate). Have bollards with a 3ft high red-tongued, silver dragon, supporting a St Georges cross shield with a red sword in upper left quarter.
5) Their are many "Olympics" cars around and these seem to be colour coded with usual zion pattern silk screen printing. Most are Gold but others are lime green or light purple.

One last thing... I contract for a City company that provides private network cabling between key banks and media companies. We are recruiting intensively for contract infrastructure/network project managers and I had to do 10 times 15 mins in 3 hours interviews on Tuesday (odd interview method); the 2 successful applicants were both ex army (15 years service) and did not come across as civvies.

edit on 26-7-2012 by RelSciHistItSufi because: additional detail

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I will probably be enjoying some Stone Pale Ale or a coffee, and watch the ceremony unfold either on TV or online.

I should be online as well. Looking forward to seeing a great show, with or without terrorist attack.

edit on 26-7-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Opening Ceremony is being listed as airing at 7:30pm for my area but I'm confused.

Opening Ceremony must not be live? I know that it is taking place at 9PM tomorrow (London Time) which is 4PM (Eastern Time)

(shows how much I've watched the Olympics the past few games. ha!)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

One more thing before bed...

Key BBC footage around the Olympic flame is of low quality and pixelated, like CCTV.

The Torch procession crew is 300 strong with its own bodyguards, cars and TV cameras - why deliberately use low quality resolution? To avoid identification of bodyguards or troublemakers?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cassiper

BBC 24 hours news clearly shows it as 9pm start in UK (GMT)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassiper
Opening Ceremony is being listed as airing at 7:30pm for my area but I'm confused.

Opening Ceremony must not be live? I know that it is taking place at 9PM tomorrow (London Time) which is 4PM (Eastern Time)

(shows how much I've watched the Olympics the past few games. ha!)

Found this link..

It says it starts at 9pm London time and 4pm EST time...but NBC won't begin airing until 7:30 EST.

Why is NBC airing it 3 1/2 hrs after the fact?

I also read NBC will not be live streaming the opening ceremonies at all online.

Edit: I suppose they are doing it for the prime time slot. But still, they can't air it twice? Anyone know where it will be streamed?
edit on 26-7-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Filled up gas tank today ahead of the Olympics, just in case something goes down and gas prices go up more.
Hopefully all goes peacefully. Let the games begin!
edit on 7/26/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Why is NBC airing it 3 1/2 hrs after the fact?

I also read NBC will not be live streaming the opening ceremonies at all online.

edit on 26-7-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

That is my question... I know that the primetime slot is convenient and all, but... why can't we see it as it occurs?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Indeed, just looked up the start time myself, apparently the only way to watch it here (in the states) is by watching a replay of it at 7:30..

NBC is live streaming every other event except for the opening/closing ceremonies.

Seems a bit strange to me *shrug*

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

"This forum is dedicated to general conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and government scandals that may not fit into other topical forums on ATS. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com\'s tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals"

See above for what Gen Con is about.

Its NOT about trying to garner flags and stars out of sheer speculation of a current event.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join