It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney can't keep secret meeting secret.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
While visiting Great Britain, Romney let the cat out of the bag when he admitted to meeting with M16, Britains secret intelligence service..which is a no no.

Romney tells public of secret meeting with MI6 spy chief

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Thursday disclosed that he had a meeting with the chief of Britain’s Secret Intelligence Service, an admission that was seen as a gaffe in the United Kingdom. “I can only say that I appreciated the insights and the perspectives of the leaders of the government here and opposition here as well as the head of MI6 as we discussed Syria and hoped for a more peaceful future for that country,” he said outside 10 Downing Street in London. Meetings between Sir John Sawers, the head of Britain’s MI6 intelligence agency, and public officials are typically kept secret. Following Romney’s comment, neither MI6 nor the Republican candidate’s own campaign would acknowledge the existence of the meeting.

Pretty sad when the man that wants to run the United States has gaff after gaff on his first trip overseas since announcing he was running for POTUS. Now he's backtracking, AGAIN, and denying such a meeting ever took place. So sad!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Why is a person who is running for president overseas anyway? He should be trying to win over Americans not kissing some foreign butt before he even gets into office.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

See this is why, even if Romney was a likable candidate that didn't flip flop on every position, he will never be the President. He is such a bumbling idiot. He makes mistake after mistake at a crucial time in the campaign. And I'm sure it is framed this way specifically to ensure that Barack Obama wins his second term.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wonderful. Transparency by default.

I guess it's better than no transparency at all

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Talk about a lot of something about nothing. Just mentioning a meeting does not reveal any secrets.

Sounds like more propaganda from the Marxist crowd and they don't even live in the US.

Non-Story

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If it's not a story why is it on every newspaper from England, and many here have already picked it up. And if a non story, why are the Romney people now refusing to admit it, trying to make it go away? And why do the English say that it is a no no to say you met with M16?

Romney isn't fit to be the leader of anything....3 gaffs in England in 2 days. He's embarrassing.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
is england not our ally?
who cares.
obama leaks national security secrets for political gain.

at least he is not meeting with members of the communist party,or
domestic terrorists like bill ayers.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
is england not our ally?
who cares.
obama leaks national security secrets for political gain.

at least he is not meeting with members of the communist party,or
domestic terrorists like bill ayers.

sarah Palin, is that you? LOL

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Romney is definaately a poor choice for such high office....
A man who seeks the office of POTUS, should be intelligent, and have morals.
He should stand for what he believes in, and pull no punches....
Sounds like some other guy, not Mitt

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Why is a person who is running for president overseas anyway? He should be trying to win over Americans not kissing some foreign butt before he even gets into office.

Maybe that's how American elections are determined?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Exactly what I thouht when saw news he was heading there, over seas affairs ...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
While visiting Great Britain, Romney let the cat out of the bag when he admitted to meeting with M16, Britains secret intelligence service..which is a no no.
Now he's backtracking, AGAIN, and denying such a meeting ever took place. So sad!

Give me a link where he is denying it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Because last I checked we are not an isolated island and we have to work with the international community.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by sensfan
Now he's backtracking, AGAIN, and denying such a meeting ever took place. So sad!

Give me a link where he is denying it?

I guess you didn't even read the article I linked to in the OP. And I quote...

Following Romney’s comment, neither MI6 nor the Republican candidate’s own campaign would acknowledge the existence of the meeting.

new topics

top topics

join