It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Multiculturalism and the future of the United States of America.

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Since the "non-white" births in the U.S.A now outnumbers the "white births" and that this number will grow when this generation procreates.

There will be a point in the near future when White people will be a minority in this country, how do you think multiculturalism will then be perceived (by the minority of white people in America)?

Genetically, i have read that babies born from two different nationalities were stronger (genetic diseases and immune system) then black with black babies or white with white babies. Is this true ? Could someone refute this if it is not, with scientific sources.

edit on 26-7-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

Genetically, i have read that babies born from two different nationalities were stronger (genetic diseases and immune system) then black with black babies or white with white babies. Is this true ? Could someone refute this if it is not, with scientific sources.



Just curious, but where exactly did you read this?



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019
 


What in the world are talking about? There's no such thing as a "pure race", nor does race even exist as a biological concept.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019
 


That's a lie. Wherever you got it from. I have three White Brother-In-Laws and no one in my family has mental problems or health issues.

I myself am of three different so called races and I don't have mental problems. Other than I'm on ATS.






posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI
 


White births are still the highest in the country. Unless you don't consider Hispanics of European decent white. Plus the USA is currently 70% white.


Genetically, i have read that babies born from two different nationalities were stronger (genetic diseases and immune system) then black with black babies or white with white babies. Is this true ? Could someone refute this if it is not, with scientific sources.


In theory genetic diversity gives humans a lesser chance of inheriting a genetic defect that is required from both parents.


Yes, it probably will, says Amos, both by reducing the number of gene-pairs that are broken and by increasing the number that are ‘both-good-but-different’. Combined, the result should be, on average, children who are genetically healthy, for example, who are less likely to catch ‘flu or who live a little bit longer. However, the size of this effect is extremely difficult to measure because so much of a human’s fate is due to the environment: having good genes won’t stop you getting run over by a drunken motorist!


raceandscience.channel4.com...
edit on 26-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9
 


Stormfront ?



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9
 


Stormfront ?


lol, OP (including Viking) could have possibly gotten that information from that notoriously xenophobic website. When it comes to human variation people rely too much on phenotypical differences; this isn't eye-ball anthropology.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019
 



Race mixing(mongrelisation)creates beings that are of neither race and have MANY health problems as well as mental problems due to the DNA make up being of two different kinds(remember that race isn't just skin colour).


Wrong, genetic diversity is a GOOD thing. This is why incest can create a ton of genetic defects...



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9
 


Stormfront ?


lol, OP (including Viking) could have possibly gotten that information from that notoriously xenophobic website. When it comes to human variation people rely too much on phenotypical differences; this isn't eye-ball anthropology.


I think his entire comment was insane, unfounded and offensive. I wish he would say that to one of my in-laws face. Two U.S. Marines and a Navy

Oh and then let him say that to my Bi-Racial Nephew who's in the Air Force.




edit on 26-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
"Multiculturalism" is a misnomer.

Take seven or eight different colors of paint. Mix them in a bucket. Sure, at first you can still differentiate between the individual colors, and appreciate the way they interact. Now keep mixing. What happens? Eventually you get grey sludge. Not a trace of vibrancy, all the original colors gone.

Multiculturalism destroys culture. The end game of multiculturalism is a single, grey culture (hence the misnomer). It affects us all equally, regardless of our own individual culture. Some cultures may be in the ascendency now, some may be on the decline. But the end game is the same for all.

But that's the idea.

Because we now live in what's known as a "global market". Nation-states are being slowly transformed into market-states (read Bobbitt, Philip). And the worst possible thing for the global market is 'culture', because individual cultures have always operated their own markets. And that is competition. Thus, it must go.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Multiculturalism and the future of the United States of America



What? Somebody obviously doesn't know or realize that practically every American [Except Native/First Nation] were originally from all over the planet and every possible culture imaginable.

Literally


I think they are confusing America with what is an obvious problem and a growing point of contention in the United States of Europe I mean, the EU and UK.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Viking9019
 



Race mixing(mongrelisation)creates beings that are of neither race and have MANY health problems as well as mental problems due to the DNA make up being of two different kinds(remember that race isn't just skin colour).


Wrong, genetic diversity is a GOOD thing. This is why incest can create a ton of genetic defects...



I also think it is a good thing and the incest example is a good argument since it would dramatically lower you chances of committing incestuous act by having sex with someone that has a different color than yours.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Depends entirely on what you are using as a reference really. If your talking genetically, you want as much diversity as you can possibly get in the gene pool. If you are talking about American culture itself the things we value and don't value, it has little impact. Those things will and always have changed with time. Each new culture coming into the country has brought their own with them, the parts people like simply get absorbed into the culture the ones they don't mostly just fade and disappear as they become less and less relevant. The only real problem we have now stems largely from either religious leaders afraid of losing their control of the masses inciting fear and resentment. And those that resent that corporations understand they can make more money by hiring bilingual employees to cater to those that do not read or speak English.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


Yeah because when you cut the family tree to the size of a bush you have less room to hide things under.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


Yeah because when you cut the family tree to the size of a bush you have less room to hide things under.





posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI
 


Well... we were surpassed thanks to "Latinos" .. and 80% of "Latinos" are mostly "Caucasian" of Spanish decent .. I don't think the actual genetic makeup of the country will change that much.

As far as "culture" immigrants that integrate into American society usually adapt our language, customs etc etc etc.

"multiculturalism" is a term used by Progressives to neutralize cultural differences and use the guilt associated with the dominate culture to subjugate them to political terms that deteriorate their sovereignty. Usually in the name of larger corporate profits. so for instance Progressives strive to support .. "multiculturalism" in efforts to open borders to undocumented immigration to further corporate bottom lines and line voting booths in efforts to exasperate the effects of their aims. Breakdown national borders. Destroy national identity. Destroy national sovereignty. Increase corporate profits.



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
My opinion is....

Racial mixing destroys the roots of the offspring. He has no traditions left because he no longer has any ties to any of his folk. He no longer knows who he is. This is deracination. Yes, he is still human ( for all the 'enlightened' do-gooders out there who wear their good guy badges so valiantly ) but his 'racial' heritage and traditions have been displaced, forcing him or her to side with one of his racial backgrounds or take pride in all of them, which I'm sure can be a bit unnerving if there are more than four or five, or if they are polar opposites. What do you call a domestic dog who's breed cannot be pinned down??? A mutt.

That last bit was not meant to offend anyone thought I'm sure it will.



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by DCLXVI
 


Well... we were surpassed thanks to "Latinos" .. and 80% of "Latinos" are mostly "Caucasian" of Spanish decent .. I don't think the actual genetic makeup of the country will change that much.

As far as "culture" immigrants that integrate into American society usually adapt our language, customs etc etc etc.

"multiculturalism" is a term used by Progressives to neutralize cultural differences and use the guilt associated with the dominate culture to subjugate them to political terms that deteriorate their sovereignty. Usually in the name of larger corporate profits. so for instance Progressives strive to support .. "multiculturalism" in efforts to open borders to undocumented immigration to further corporate bottom lines and line voting booths in efforts to exasperate the effects of their aims. Breakdown national borders. Destroy national identity. Destroy national sovereignty. Increase corporate profits.


This theory is in direct conflict that Progressives are anti business and anti corporate. I think you
are applying a motive that completely misses progressive economic sentiment, complete
air ball actually. Multiculturalism, from a progressive standpoint is the idea that all people share
more in common than they do in contrast. I don't think I have ever met a progressive who was
genuinely aligned with promoting corporatism as an agenda. Your theory is so bizarre to me, it
is striking.

Maybe you should look at the political cabal who is always sticking up for corporations and their ability
to write their own rules, regulations and ticket; those aren't progressives.



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
"Multiculturalism" is a misnomer.

Take seven or eight different colors of paint. Mix them in a bucket. Sure, at first you can still differentiate between the individual colors, and appreciate the way they interact. Now keep mixing. What happens? Eventually you get grey sludge. Not a trace of vibrancy, all the original colors gone.

Multiculturalism destroys culture.


You are comparing paint to genetics to culture, three different arenas.

Paint is paint

Genetics do not propagate culture

Culture is dependent upon the times and social interaction -

I imagine a society with one color as lacking vibrancy, as in maintaining racial division,
the opposite what you consider. All white, All Black, is same old same old, be there
done that, BLAND.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join