It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flip Flopper Romney Embarrasses Himself on World Stage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

The only way Americans are ever going to have an honest government is to quit electing Democrats and Republicans.

I predict that this election will see an astonishing number of votes for write in candidates. Paul, Johnson, etc.

But the Blue Dogs will carry the day and their will be 4 more years of Obama.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't remember where I read today, but one blogger said something like, "We can just admit, Romney is basically just an a$$hole who can't help insulting anyone he talks too." He is an elitist prick who simply can't relate to anyone outside ultra rich world. He then gave some examples from the recent past and I can recall a few about his wife too,

1. He sat in the stands briefly during a NASCAR race and made fun of the cheap rain ponchos people were wearing -- to their faces.
2. He went to some older lady social and made fun of the cookies they baked for him, asking if they got those awful cookies from 7-11.
3. His wife tells a reporter, "You people" don't need to see any more of our tax returns. You people? You mean us proletariat minions her husband would like to rule over?
4. His wife wears a $1000 tee shirt in some short interview with Mitt on the trail.
5. His $10,000 bet he tried to make with Rick Perry.
6. Insulting the Brits by wondering aloud if they can come together for the Olympics...the same country that bravely held chin up during months of Nazi bombing.
7. His complete disregard for the family dog, who was so distressed by being in the wind atop his car at highway speeds for hours the dog # on himself...and Mitt just hosed it down and kept driving. Do you have any buddies (left or right) who'd do that to their dogs?
6. He and little rich pals ambushed a loner in high school and cut his hair. What would YOU do to your son if you found out they did that? Do you think that's just a case of boys being boys? Me and none of my friends growing up would do that something that extreme to another kid. In my high school, there were a few that would do that sort of thing. They were a$$wads then and they still are today (one became a cop...imagine that).
7. He gang of vampire investors bought up under valued companies, pumped them with debt, then forced them to buy Bain stock, depleting pension funds and sending thousands of hard workers to the street and poverty while they laughed their way to the bank (even the team pic shows them laughing with bills stuffed in their mouths and shirts) without a care in the world. That includes companies that had been perfectly profitable. (Don't give me the Staples example. Staples is ranked as one of the lowest average pay large companies in America. Even their managers don't make a living wage.)

If Mitt opens his mouth, you can be sure he will say something for a which an exactly opposite statement of his can be found online. The man has not one honest or empathetic bone in his body. I would not vote for him if he was running against Pol Pot.

The basic point is that Romney just can't help himself. He is a jerk, through an through. I am not an Obama fan, but I am convinced of his basic decency and intelligence.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Romney has been having one major gaffe after another in London, and this was only his first day.

Personally, I can't wait until he orders a bacon cheeseburger in Israel.

BBC is quoting "British Whitehall officials" as saying that they are terrified of Romney gaining power, and that his foreign policy and diplomacy experience is "way worse than Sarah Palin's".

Mitt Romney, meet the British Press.

UK is probably the United States' biggest ally, this visit should have been diplomacy 101, which is probably why the UK was picked for his first visit by his people. No language barriers (well, apart from minor lost in translation bits), a friendly population, pro America, not that much of a culture change.

And he can't even get this right.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Your talking about a gaff. Something said by mistake. Those are common to all candidates who have a camera on them 24/7. We are not talking about a gaff here. We talking about throwing cold water on Americas closest ally right before you go visit its leadership. Who would think that was a good idea?

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." March 19, 2009.

I got more. You want them?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Whitehall folks were also quoted to say Romney had "no charm" and a "mildly insulting" tone. And these are Tories. And both Cameron and the London mayor have blue blood and should have been easy for Romney. He really is shockingly inept. And his staffers "Anglo-Saxon" bit was ignorant and insulting to Brits, a great many of whom have no connection to Anglo-Saxon lines. It was just an ignorant assumption, akin to having a Brit watch an episode of the Andy Griffith Show then come to America and thinking everywhere is like Mayberry. Such an embarssing lightweight. Romney denies anyone from his team said it, but the Telegraph is a reputable Tory paper and notcie how team Romney has not called for a retraction. he wants to benefit both from the comment and from pretending to distance himself. Look for a lot more of these type things.

I can't wait until he visits Israel. I have been there many times and worked for a Tel Aviv based company. They don't like unearned wealth and snobs and their sense of humor works mostly among themselves. That is going to be a train wreck.
edit on 26-7-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by groingrinder

The only way Americans are ever going to have an honest government is to quit electing Democrats and Republicans.

I predict that this election will see an astonishing number of votes for write in candidates. Paul, Johnson, etc.

But the Blue Dogs will carry the day and their will be 4 more years of Obama.

johnson? Likely BORIS Johnson will have even gained a few write ins after today. He is, after all, an American, and eligible to be President.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by babybunnies

Whitehall folks were also quoted to say Romney had "no charm" and a "mildly insulting" tone. And these are Tories. And both Cameron and the London mayor have blue blood and should have been easy for Romney. He really is shockingly inept. And his staffers "Anglo-Saxon" bit was ignorant and insulting to Brits, a great many of whom have no connection to Anglo-Saxon lines. It was just an ignorant assumption, akin to having a Brit watch an episode of the Andy Griffith Show then come to America and thinking everywhere is like Mayberry. Such an embarssing lightweight. Romney denies anyone from his team said it, but the Telegraph is a reputable Tory paper and notcie how team Romney has not called for a retraction. he wants to benefit both from the comment and from pretending to distance himself. Look for a lot more of these type things.

I can't wait until he visits Israel. I have been there many times and worked for a Tel Aviv based company. They don't like unearned wealth and snobs and their sense of humor works mostly among themselves. That is going to be a train wreck.
edit on 26-7-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

Yup, these were dyed in the wool true blue British Conservatives, David Cameron and Boris Johnson, neither of which had any love lost for Romney.

It just goes to show how far removed from actual Conservatism the Republicans have become, when even when of your closes allies on the same side of the fence politically speaking can't say a good word about you.

The BBC is a Conservative friendly news station, and they're all over him on this visit.

Saying that they would be "more friendly" than the current White House because of their "Anglo Saxon" ties was a direct racist jab at Obama, and definitely not diplomacy 101.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
johnson? Likely BORIS Johnson will have even gained a few write ins after today. He is, after all, an American, and eligible to be President.

Actually he's not eligible. He'd have to move back to the U.S. and live here for 14 years before he could become eligible:

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States." -- Article II, Section 1 U.S. Constitution

(And please, let's not start an Obama birth status debate here, it's not the right place. I was just pointing out a fact to babybunnies he/she may not have known.)
edit on 7/26/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by MrSpad

Your talking about a gaff. Something said by mistake. Those are common to all candidates who have a camera on them 24/7. We are not talking about a gaff here. We talking about throwing cold water on Americas closest ally right before you go visit its leadership. Who would think that was a good idea?

What Romney said was the truth. Even the brits know security is a huge problem. That’s why over 3,500 British troops have been assigned! How many threads are there on ATS about the security issues over there??

Was it a gaffe when Obama returned the bust of Churchill or was that “throwing cold water on America’s closest ally”?

No that is called a change in administration. Why would he keep something loaned to Bush? The Brits offered to extend the loan as a courtesy and he chose to return it to where it belonged and replace it with Lincoln. That can hardly be compated to publicly spreading doubts about the UKs ability to put on the Olympics. Of course after meeting with the PM he changed his tune no doubt after getting an earful from his staff about how this trips was suppose to make him look good not the other way around.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This guy just can't stop humiliating himself.

He has to try so hard to get people to like him but just fails miserably.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." March 19, 2009.

I got more. You want them?

In which of our "57 states" did he make that lame brain comment?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
London didn't build these Olympics, other people did that for them,

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I ask romney supports all the time why they like him, and only one out of A LOT actually said something to do with policies/ideas. 90% doesnt know what he stands for.
Funny the same thing can still be said about Obama.
And actually folks Romney does have room to talk about the Olympics, he helped with the last one in the states and they had a bomb incident if you recall. So for Romney to express security concerns actually makes some sense.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Everyone hates Obama, but they make sure he gets a second term by putting in an opponent that even the most dough eyed sheeple could see through his character.

If was was making a video game and needed a plastic dishonest politician as the bad guy I would base him on Mit.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Romney seems to say the wrong thing all the time. I just do not get it. Surely he has a staff that helps him avoid saying stupid things they know will end up getting picked up by the press. How does he keep doing stuff like this?

It's because he has absolutely NO actual platform. This guy wants to be president so badly that he'll do or say anything to get there. He says whatever he thinks the crowd in front of him at the moment wants to hear. You do a few hundred of these little appearances and it's tough to keep all the lies straight. I'm no Obama fan, but this guy is truly a piece of work.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
lol..what a joke.

Mitt Romney is now worse than Sarah Palin, according to the brits.

www.politicususa.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth
In an interview in the US Romney talked of how he worries about the security and public service strikes in the UK that could hurt the Olympics, doubting the Games' success. He turns up in Britain, stands outside Downing Street and declares how impressed he is with the organisation and how we in England are set up for a great Games.

The English media certainly picked up on it, portraying him as a complete buffoon - rightly so.

I am still astounded that the American people could let this man anywhere near an office of Government. Shocking.

So you are saying before he went there he worried about a possibility. After he got there and had firsthand experience he decided he was impressed with what he saw. Somehow that is a flip flop?

Ever had a date and been worried and then you get to the restaurant and realize there was nothing to worry about? I guess you are a buffoon, along with every other person on the planet.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by UKTruth

Aww c'mon!! According to Team Romney the Brits should love Romney...he is white! Unlike the current potus!

“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser is quoted as telling the newspaper. “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have.”

Except your quote has nothing to do with Romney being white. The "we" is the US and the UK, it has nothing to do with Romney. They are right, Obama does not appreciate it, as evidenced by his removal of Churchill's bust from the White House. Way to try to fan the racist flames on an issue that has nothing to do with skin color, like a good lieral.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Romney is such a fruitcake. Anyone who supports this man should have their citizenship revoked. What the f happened to the real Americans?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
There are only a couple reasons why people like romney.
1. He is republican and they are republican. Most dont really know what republicans stand for nowadays, but white, southern, country, pickup truck drivin christians must be republicans. thats just how it is.

I have never self identified as Republican in my life.

2. Hes white. The fact is, a huge majority of "white" people are still racist and dont like a black guy in office. Thats just real life. Dont feel like debating that fact.

I am white, but grew up in liberal Massachusetts with black friends and 4 of the last 5 girls I dated were non-white and 3 were black including the girl I cam currently dating.

3. Brainwashed by the tv.

I don't watch the news, which is very liberal biased anyway.

I ask romney supports all the time why they like him, and only one out of A LOT actually said something to do with policies/ideas. 90% doesnt know what he stands for.

How is that different than any other candidate, 90% of Americans are uninformed.
Romney wants energy independence.
Romney wants to cut spending.
Romney's position on global warming.

"I believe that climate change is occurring. [...] I also believe that human activity is a contributing factor. I am uncertain how much of the warming, however, is attributable to man and how much is attributable to factors out of our control."

Romney wants a global response, not one that puts US companies at a disadvantage while having no impact on the environment.

China surpassed the United States as the world’s top emitter of carbon dioxide, the most important manmade gas causing climate change, in 2006.

A 2010 study by David Parrish, the director of the chemical sciences laboratory at the government-run National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, found that more than three-quarters of the ozone in parts of California’s Sacramento Valley was blown in from Asia.

There's a few of the things I agree with Romney about.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join