It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have finally joined after lurking for 8 years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Dear ATS,

My first attempt at an intro failed so I'd like to quickly summarize. I discovered ATS in high school, I'm now 26.

1. The quality of substance posted on this website has greatly increased my knowledge, wisdom and understanding of the world. I usually have nothing to add to your discussions. The shills and misinformation has never detracted me from extracting the meat and bones from your contributions.

2. My tipping point was the Batman prediction - my mind is blown.

3. I share personality traits with many of you and I'm extremely pleased to be a member of this community.

Thank you all for contributing such intelligence and awareness, I am greatly appreciative to be a member and I look forward to posting the highest degree of quality to this site.

Way to go ATS; extremely impressive. To the members here, your work has not gone unnoticed, you have done a great job, thank you all.

ATS warrior for life,

Kapablanka

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

Welcome to ATS Kapa! Glad you decided to finally join

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I dub thee...(The King of Lurkers!)....I am impressed; an 8 year lurker.

I am glad you finally decided to join all of us and express your viewpoints.

See you around the threads!:...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
8 years 8 hole years .you should have chosen the name lurkio
welcome young un

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Welcome aboard! Glad you finally decided to make the proverbial plunge!

8 years lurking huh?

Ladies and gentleman, this is why the "newb" title is not a welcome one here... Registration date means nothing! We all have lots to add, whether we have been a member for one day or a lurker for 8 years!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

Peace and love, GST
edit on 26-7-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
8 Years! Congrats on finally coming out of the shadows.
I look forward to seeing you around!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Well, welcome to you for the second time! Nice to actually meet you on this go around and welcome to the ATS family!

if you need an avatar you can also go to the Avatar Creation Thread and they will help you get one together!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Eight years! Wow, that's one hell of a lurk...

Anyhoo, welcome to the sometimes wacky world of ATS. Keep your tin-foil hat on at all times and don't forget your troll spray....

Be sure to check out the many great threads about the boards and remember civility and intelligence above all.
And of course if your looking for a great new avatar to go with your new account, check out the avatar creations thread in my sig below.

edit on 26-7-2012 by 74Templar because: eta

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I joined the same day I found the place and they never kicked me out. LOL Hello and welcome!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Thank you all for your warm welcome, I appreciate that you took the time to read the introduction of a potential profane being.

Not so strangely, I feel like I have a closer connection with many of you than I do during during my regular life - despite the fact I've never payed attention to any of your user names.

Your valuation of intelligence, civility and humanity on this forum is second to none. I hold these things in the highest regard and, as well all know, its hard to find people in the flesh that exhibit the same degree of thoughtfulness.

I can only hope to inspire you all as much as you have inspired me.

Peace and love.

Kapablanka,

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

For some odd reason, "Lurkie" has made me laugh ( and I laugh loudly) off and on for about 30 minutes! And I thought I was a Lurkie after 3 years of slinking about this site!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Welcome! I lurked for a long time too. Partly because I don't have much to contribute, partly because I hate giving out my email. ATS has kept my secrets though.

Now that you're all signed up, I can't wait to see what you have to say!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Hi Kapablanca,

I have just been trying to reply to the PM you sent me but it isn't sending (perhaps because I am new to the site).

Wanted to thank you for your very kind words and encouragement.

Hope to see you around the forums some more.

Xx

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I look foward to reading your future intellectually stimulating threads. Welcome to ATS Kapablanka.

top topics

join