It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could an average handgun have taken out "The Joker"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think you underestimate the power of a military force roaming the "PUBLIC"streets with automatic weapons and free will to put the drop on any and all who fit a certain profile

soon politicians would hire said men to show up at events such as days of voting, political rallies protest events.
Businessmen would make their pockets fatter on days of union voting.
just to name a couple

edit on 26-7-2012 by rebellender because: added content

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I think you underestimate the power of a military force roaming the "PUBLIC"streets with automatic weapons and free will to put the drop on any and all who fit a certain profile

Wow, since when has a CCW permit allowed for full auto assault rifles, how would they "conceal"...

I am beginning to think you are purposely being obtuse to twist the issue.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by benrl

look I am all for open carry. why conceal it. it would not stop crime but keep less honest people more honest.

Because open carry is a red flag and can subject you to being a target. You'll be accused of "brandishing," which definition is in the eye of the beholder and will lead to grief with LEO, not to mention that the Bad Guys(tm) can plan against you. The beauty of concealed carry is that no one knows, and that gives you a tactical advantage of surprise.

edit on 7/26/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
just so you know on the video you posted some guy commented

The two bank robbers are my hero and i will like to say that next month or so me and my friends are going to do the same thing, but differently. we already got guns and smoke bombs. This heist will be put in the history books.
GTAVJULY 5 days ago

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

The two bank robbers are my hero and i will like to say that next month or so me and my friends are going to do the same thing, but differently. we already got guns and smoke bombs. This heist will be put in the history books.
GTAVJULY 5 days ago

Who would write something like that?

Somebody is going to be talking to an alphabet agency.

It's not funny....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

First we have to define average. By average, do we mean a handgun of average size, like a 9mm? Do we mean the most common handgun, as in a .22 revolver?

According to reports, he was wearing am ask. Without a face plate, a compitent marksmen could have ended his life with either gun. The 9mm having the advantage.

Is it practical? No way. Shooting in that situation would have been difficult due to low light, moving bystandards, possible injury. If it were to happen that way, the story would have been about the amazing hero with superb marksmanship skills.

That video you posted has always seemed suspect to me. Police officers are required to train regularly, yet none of them could take those guys down. I think they just wanted some AR-15s, and staged that incident.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I find the idea that police and military are so much more qualified to carry a firearm over a civillian kind of laughable.

I don't know if an auto CCW for all service personal is an answer here. While it's far better then pre 9-11, marksmanship and firearms training for non combat arms types is kind of a joke. I know MANY people that the only time they touched a firearm was in basic training. And in the Navy and Air Force that in itself is pretty limited.

I got porbably more basic rifle marksmanship during 1st year of Army ROTC then some enlisted non combat types got in most of their career (again, pre 9/11). Not to mention shooting a rifle and shooting a pistol, which using similar techniques, are different from each other. Most military are adapt at rifle shooting, but not nessecarily pistol shooting.

Some Police forces are even worse. Most "requalify" maybe once a year as far as their service training. Now most shoot on their own, but there are many departments (it varies widely of course) that don't require alot of firearm training or proficiency. SWAT train on shooting skills constantly, but "active shooter" is kind of their forte.

In so far as the comment previously about "average handgun" being the "average concealed carry"....that still is a tremendous range of weapons and calibers. Not to mention most of those that carry ( I currently do not, but may change that) usually use some sort of self defense round...my home defense pistol is loaded with Winchester "Extreme Protection" 9mm +P 124 grain jacketed hollow points. They deliver more ft-lbs of energy then a "standard" .40 caliber round, which in itself is a pretty big round. If you hit someone with a vest with a .40 or .45 they will (drugs not withstanding) FEEL It, and will probably be on the floor trying to breath. The newer 5.7mm pistols will penetrate a level 2 and usually a level 3 vest. SO again the question of the "average handgun" taking out the "joker" is still to broad to really answer, but I would say in most cases yes.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

GTAVJULY 5 days ago

It's not funny....

MODs might want to look into reporting that.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

Originally posted by whyamIhere

GTAVJULY 5 days ago

It's not funny....

MODs might want to look into reporting that.

I never read those youtube comments...

I would of used another video if I saw that.

Hopefully it's some dumb kid...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join