It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican dissidents join forces to form a new IRA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

It also shows how out of touch with the majority of Irish people they are, how marginalised they are and how bloody minded they are.
Despite not having any support worth mentioning they still want to commit acts of terrorism to enable them to enforce their opinions, or more accurately gain some control and power, over the rest of Ireland.

They are nothing but murdering, scumbag gangsters.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

They are nothing but murdering, scumbag gangsters.

If they launch attacks on civilians then I can only agree with this.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

They already have done.

You haven't offered anything of substance to vindicate your apparent support of these terrorists.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Apparent support? Hardly. I am just trying to understand where these people are coming from and understand the situation.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I can appreciate wanting to understand them - but you seem to be offering excuses or vindications for their past and future actions when they are simply trying to use terror tactics to impose some sort of power and control over a community that they don't represent and who don't want them - but it's something that I obviously feel passionate about and as a result I could quite easily have misunderstood you - sincerest apologies if I have.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I don't understand this issue sometimes... I have many Irish friends that have badgered me about it for long drunken nights. I have talked to many English people...well the ones I felt comfortable talking about it to. I don't get it.

Just go home. Why divide another country like that....and so close to home?

Is that little county so damn important to the freaking crown?

Don't say its because of the English there, or the Irish that want to remain as is. Unless it is not circumstantial.

I am not buying the whole religious thing either. Now a days you don't have the papal tiara coming down on the English crown.

Just go home and start being good neighbors. I dont see this ever ending for you. Eventually some one will be desperate enough to carry out an attack on English home soil that will make it all not so worth it.

Is it bragging rights? An issue of principle? What?

My country is all over the place and I don't defend them being in everybody's soup. I think it makes my country less safe not to mention makes me look like an ass when it comes up since as the resident American, people think I like the fact that we kick ass all the way around the world, doing as we please and taking what we want.

I don't like looking like a cave man agressor...do you?

Just go home and unite a country divided for to long over nonsense.

I apologize in advance for being naive or blind to a part of the issue I have yet to understand.

edit on 30-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Have you not read this thread?

Have you not done any independant research with an open and unbiased mind?

People from all communities within Northern Ireland are increasingly in favour of remaining within the UK.
As long as this is the case then they will remain so.

The Nationalists are becoming increasingly marginalised.

And for the record, the majority of the traditionally Protestant and Loyalist community are actually of Scottish descent, not English.

I will make the assumption that you are American.

If a very small minority of people in Texas started a bombing campaign in the USA killing innocent people including women and children with the desired aim of returning Texas to Mexico would you support them?
edit on 30/7/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I have read this thread, what I wanted was an English person to tell me the reasons as THEY SEE IT.

Like I have said, I have talked to many Irish and some English, and they don't see it the way the English do.

They say that the population was brought there for the most part and that the Catholics already there were forced out or forced to convert.

The truth is that even after reading all the facts from both sides, I am left wondering. What do people from THIS century think about it? If the people are happy then fine. I think that the tension would be unbearable.

About what you said of Texas. They are actually traditional separatists. Like the Basque here in spain, or Catalunia. The LONE STAR STATE. I would not support them or stand against them. If they were rid of us, I would visit, and if I liked it more than home, I would ask for citizenship and a passport.

I am not a separatist so I can not pretend to understand what they think. That is why I ask. I don't need a history lesson. I was just wondering what people from the UK think as well. Both sides have valid arguments.

I can say that as far as Spain goes...most people think we should just let those regions go. We don't actually like them being part of our country as begrudging partners. Speaking Catalan at the Olympics, burning our flag at football games.....

We want to be rid of them once and for all. It is the government that insists they can not break away.

As far as the Spanish and others in Basque country or Catalunia, they don't care. They can still work and live there and actually like the idea of having dual citizenship, thinking that some how advantageous business opportunities will arise.

I don't get that feeling from the English. That is why I ask what is the reasoning behind the average Englishman wanting that little county.

edit on 30-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: fix and add

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Alas, I can't speak for all English - I can only offer my own personal opinion.

Of course Irish - English history is littered with atrocities and injustices committed by both sides.

But whilst they will never be forgotten, well not for another generation or two, it is imperative that they are put behind us and people move on.

The majority of people in Northern Ireland voted for The Good Friday Agreement which more or less led to the IRA laying down their arms and giving up the armed struggle.

Since then Northern Ireland has it's own elected Assembly where politicians from all sides work together in the governing of Ulster.

In addition there has been the almost elimination of terrorist activities.

Of course there are still issues - but the people of Northern Ireland, and with the support of the UK, are working together to move forward in a positive manner.

As far as I can make out the general consensus amongst the English is one of support for the peace process, admiration for the Northern Irish people and an iron willed conviction that Northern Ireland will remain a part of the UK as long as the majority of people in Northern Ireland wish to remain so.
There is also a steadfast and almost universal determination that the terrorists will never be allowed to win and dictate events.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join