It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US/NATO/Israel attack on Iran would be a catastrophe for everyone - Bill Ayers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

www.rt.com

US wars of “invasion, aggression and occupation” are no longer sustainable economically and socially, veteran war critic and US scholar Professor Bill Ayers told RT. He adds that if NATO, the US or Israel attack Iran, it would lead to a catastrophe.

The activist says America has an old colonial mentality and grotesque double standards. Washington is frantic about the possibility that Iran might have a nuclear war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I found this article/interview interesting so thought I would share. Bill Ayres also goes on to illistrate how the US has turned into a dictatorship.

This also applies to us in the UK I believe. When the power lies with the government and not the people you have a dictatorship. The militarization of the police just re-enforces the proof the power now lies with the government.

When we see police in massive amounts of body armour at protests then you know the government is against the people.

www.rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-7-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I wonder what Obama's mentor is up to???? Doesn't sound like the person I know of who wants to kill Americans and put them in re education camps to me..................................

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Which mentor?

Didnt he hire loads of them when he took orifice?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Bill Ayers is full of .....

No such scenario is discussed anywhere in the world and no one in a decision making position would put such an arrangement forward as a possible solution to the problem.

The only thing clear about the article is that Bill Ayers has revealed himself to be just as much the tyrant he postulates the existence of.

first off, the cops are a part of the people in much the same way that so called intellectuals sitting in an Ivory Tower are a part of the people.

his statements, if they are from him, are socially divisive. he's somehow suggesting if you got a government job and that job requires protection for the body, then you are no longer the people. which would make him no longer the people considering that he was educated and taught at state universities, which rely completely on government money.

edit on 26-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Thats not how I read it. He is actually putting forward the notion of division. What we see is the Government issuing orders and those orders being carried out by force against civilians. The police force represents a very small part of society and those police without a society are no longer needed. The police are a "public servant" system not a "government servant" system.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

after reading the article closer...he said if US, NATO or Israel attack Iran it would be a catastrophe...the title of the thread suggests that these three groups would join together and do it, which is nothing i've ever heard mentioned as a possibility.

either way. no wars are being fought by the United States...either abroad or at home...so i'm not sure what he's going on and on about anyway. sounds like someone who's a little pissed about this FACT and has decided to spend his time talking about war, even though he claims to be opposed to war.

but he's still full of it, an old rebel without a cause. sort of like when christopher hitchens found out that God is real and great.

and for the record, the brutality of the cops against people pales in comparison to the brutality of the people against their neighbor.

his agenda is weak and opinions belong in the 60s and 70s.

edit on 26-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What I remember Ayers most for is his belief, put into practice, that if people bombed the US it would be a blessing for everyone.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hypocrite much ?

''I don't regret setting bombs..... 'I feel we didn't do enough.'' ~Bill Ayers

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Bill Ayers? Weather Undergound, domestic terrorist, Bill Ayers? Yeah, alright! An attack on Iran is just as catastrophic as when this clown opens his big mouth. He ought to be in jail. Just my opinion of the man. Spare us your two-bit analysis on international affairs. I can care less what this guy has to say about anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
Bill Ayers? Weather Undergound, domestic terrorist, Bill Ayers? Yeah, alright! An attack on Iran is just as catastrophic as when this clown opens his big mouth. He ought to be in jail. Just my opinion of the man. Spare us your two-bit analysis on international affairs. I can care less what this guy has to say about anything.

Now its reverend rights turn to speak out next. Got to rail against the Chickens coming home to roost don cha know!
Wow A terrorist saying not to attack someone. He must not have been much of a terrorist. More like a dummy.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Attack on Iran is happening sooner or later. There is too much pressure on US from Israel. Also regime change in Iran will allow US/NATO to create problems in the Southern Russia region. Friendly regime in Tehran will also solve the supply problems to troops in Afghanistan. Influence from Iran will be used to weaken the Russian alliances with Islamic nations in the CSTO.

This game started already after 1991 break up of USSR and is still going on. Final objective is the Total Sphere Dominance of the world. Somewhat on the lines of Adolf Hitler but in moderate form.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
When we see police in massive amounts of body armour at protests then you know the government is against the people.

www.rt.com

Slightly off topic but
I wonder when RT will start covering and reporting all the internal Russian dirt?

On Topic Ayers is a Hypocrite .

edit on 26-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That is all staged, and just your usual anti-Russian propaganda. Organized crime does not run rampant in Russia, Putin is a strongman, and the rule of law reigns supreme. At least, that is what RT would like us to believe? Russia is a utopia! Western Europe and the US are decaying sewers. RT has uch clever and crafty analysis of the news. Oh yeah, those photos would imply that RT may be cherry pickers when it comes to coverage about Russia? Heck no, not RT! They are the bastion of truth and objectivity.

edit on 26-7-2012 by Jakes51 because: Changed some text around, and added some new text.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

RT covering their own Governments problems, without any Governmental Intervention?

It was founded in 2005 as Russia Today by the government-owned RIA Novosti.

As hypocritical, as Bill Ayers........

top topics

join