It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: U.S., Lockheed reach deal on Israeli F-35s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Pentagon has reached an agreement with Lockheed Martin Corp on a $450 million program to enhance electronic warfare equipment on the F-35 fighter jet, and integrate Israeli-unique systems beginning in 2016, according to sources familiar with the negotiations.
The deal, to be finalized in coming weeks, marks a big step forward for Israel's $2.75 billion agreement to buy 19 F-35 jets, which was signed in October 2010 and includes options for up to 75 of the radar-evading fighters.
The Pentagon said the Israeli foreign arms sale could be worth up to $15.2 billion if all options are exercised, when it first approved the sale in September 2008.

Look who is pretty much funding the military actions and providing the weaponry for Israel against Syria (and Palestine). You guessed it, the Obama Administration! The "anti-war" and "Progressive" Obama administration.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I thought Israel was America therefore what's theirs is theirs, why pay yourself 15.2bill...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Well hold on.
You gotta remember that those kind of deals are started by Lockheed. Then are taken to their local Representatives and Senators.
Who then get the ear of the President.
Things like job creation and job security for already employed workers are always bandied about.

It's a whole process. Not, OMG LOOK AT WHAT OBAMA IS UNILATERALLY CAUSING WAR.
A ton of people are involved.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Maybe instead of spreading war by stomping through the middle east we should just sell as many of our toys to the highest bidder.

I mean our Foreign polices are already so convoluted and bat poop insane we might as well take it to the next step and turn a profit.

Good ol USA, the worlds Arms dealer.

We sell guns to Cartels in Mexico already...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Cool...jobs for us...jets for them....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

And more dead bodies in Palestine! Whoo hoo! /sarcasm

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The US also has "stockpiles" of proprietary weaponry stored in bunkers in Israel. We're talking multiple billions of dollars worth of cutting edge US military hardware. These stockpiles are available and will be released to Israel in a wartime scenario. That is what they are there for. This is an obvious back handed tactic that the US has been arming Israel.

That being the case, the Israelis are basically getting the F35s for nothing. It's like Israel saying they are buying 5 apples from us today, but we gave them 10 oranges yesterday for free.

Politics aside, nuclear option aside, Israel would be a mighty opponent, even for a group of nation states, IMO.

edit on 26-7-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I thought there were laws against supplying arms to terrorists.
Maybe that doesn't count if you yourself are a terrorist.

From one terrorist, to another.
edit on 26-7-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
While I don't agree with everything my country (the US) or Isreal does, I do kind of like supporting the only functioning democracy in the Middle East. You know, a country where you can be Jewish, or Christian, or Muslim. Their are Arab Isreali's you know. Many even serve in the IDF. Probably these ones don't by in to Sharia or Whabism like their Muslim brothers(hood).

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The same administration, who according to Mr Mittens, threw Israel "under a bus".

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

their are Arab Isreali's you know. Many even serve in the IDF.

There is no mandatory service in the IDF for Israeli Arabs. Very few serve in the IDF as volunteers.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
True, but some have.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

So?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

And more dead bodies in Palestine! Whoo hoo! /sarcasm

This is provided they iron out all the problems first, right? LM is not doing so well with their latest creations, the F-22 and F-35.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Look who is pretty much funding the military actions and providing the weaponry for Israel against Syria (and Palestine). You guessed it, the Obama Administration! The "anti-war" and "Progressive" Obama administration.

The F-16I is a two-seat variant of the Block 52 developed for the Israeli Defense Force – Air Force (IDF/AF). Israel issued a requirement in September 1997 and selected the F-16 in preference to the F-15I in July 1999. An initial "Peace Marble V" contract was signed on 14 January 2000 with a follow on contract signed on 19 December 2001 for a total procurement of 102 aircraft.

It's been going on for a while now....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Agreed, I thought the Israel was the 51st state of the U.S. why are we charging ourselves 15 billion dollars..

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
A company in Israel is who they used to design and make the Helmet system for the F-35. Highly advanced system that will show all the data from sensors,cameras, satellites...etc. The pilot can look around and see everything without the plane blocking view of ground targets/ radar hits/ etc.. "Virtual reality" tied with satellite and other sensor input as well.

Well it appears Israel is keeping this helmet for themselves....asking for more money from America....and Congress told Israel to get screwed and is designing a 2nd helmet for the F-35.

Yes......all that money America spent on making the F-35 helmet.....Israel isn't sharing it now. They are keeping it for themselves and America's got to design a WHOLE NEW helmet....with FAR less capability.

Israeli Air Capability just got greatly enhanced via US money.....F-35's going to be 2nd class technology before she's even fielded. Lockheed Martin MAY EVEN CEASE THE PROJECT AS CONTINUING THE HOAX WOULD END THEIR FUTURE AS A CORPORATION.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

top topics

join