It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking For Input On A Wierd Telephone Occurance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have a Majicjack telephone at home. It tuns through the computer the GUI has a log list of incoming and outgoing calls. When I got home from work today, I noticed a bunch of calls from my sister's cell phone between 10:00am and 10:30 am.

I called her because I thought something serous had happened. She told me that she didn't even have her phone at that time. She was with her husband who was having a cataract surgery at the time. The phone was home on the charger. I asked if one of her dogs might have been playing with it, but she said the dogs were in a cage while they were gone. She called back later to say that her phone had logged the outgoing calls to me and had also logged three calls to her credit union during the same time period.

One thing she brought up is that Capital One had been calling her to try to get my contact info because of an overdue credit card I have with them. Her phone is just a basic flip phone. Not a smart phone and no internet capability.

Anyone have any thoughts on what could have happened? I told her to call her credit union and see if they have a log file of the calls and who it was that called.
edit on 26-7-2012 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
oops. hold on....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
oops. hold on....

Did someone call you and say oops hold on........I don't find that strange in the slightest.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Dang! My ex-wife prank calling again!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
if the phone got any moisture in it it could have made calls by itself

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I thought about that and asked her if it was possible. She said she couldn't imagine how. Two of the calls to her credit union were 3 minutes long.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sounds to me like some hack happy bill collector got ahold of the phones info.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jakeistheone

She suspected that, too. I can't figure how the calls would be logged on her phone. They would had to have come from her phone, wouldn't they? Or is there some way to remotely operate a phone that I don't know about?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There does seem to be a lot of issues with the cordless phone, they are radio controlled, RF, (Radio frequency) and most of the gizmos on the handset are also RF. They also have memory storage. Your issue seems to be with unwarranted calls that someone will have to pick up the tab for. My issue is more to a problem with the phones mike being open/opened when it is just sitting there charging on the base station, AKA not being used, and that a conversation in that room can be listened to, or recorded remotely, or perhaps initially by the base station itself, and then eavesdropped on, without being triggered by the owner.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Man you lost me! Who mentioned cordless phones?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Hope you find out how this happened- it would really bother me too!
Please update if you figure it out.
Good Luck

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Update: My sister called me again and said she took her phone to a Verizon store and told them what had happened. They inspected it and determined that it was a bad sim card causing the problem.

top topics

join