Bushcraft On Fire Radio 07/19/2012 : #62 Let's Go Fishing!!! And Other Stuff Of Course

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Thursday, 07/26/2012 at 8:00PM EST

illustrial.net
If Illustrial does not work click:::
ATS Direct

[color=#f9eb03]Or click on the image above

The gathered panel of hosts include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
David Wendell
Ahabstar
Luke
Bear Truth
Justin
Michael
And TheRedneck Doug

[color=#fa0707]FISHING FINALLY!!! And Other Bushcrafting Skills Tune in Folks!!

PLUS.. [color=#0a94ff]Gardening With Laura, [color=#27ff0a]Plants With Luke, [color=#f60aff]Off The Grid with Doug and [color=#07c4fa]Tools With Greg!!

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us a listen while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our Bush Craft On Fire YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. Be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the NEW Bushcraftonfire Website where you can listen to our past shows, take a Survival quiz and much more!!!!

OH YEAH! While you listen, come on the Facebook Page and post your questions, thoughts and comments, or just follow the survival conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If you have trouble hearing the show on the above links, tune in to the Low Bandwidth here HERE
edit on 7/26/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)
edit on 7/26/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
BUSHCRAFTONFIRE.. Fishing Show.. Come on in and sit a spell!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ah, fishing.

I remember sitting on the bank of a clear, singing, creek, fishing for trout.

I would bait the pole with a fat nightcrawler I helped my Grandpa catch by the light of his coalminers lamp the night before. Boy were those worms fast. The best way to catch nightcrawlers, at least in my opinion, was to have someone with a lamp on one side standing still, while you crept up from the other side and pounced. My success rate was about 10%. My Grandpa's probably 75%. LOL

I truly enjoyed the peace of sitting and watching the fish sneak up on the bait from under the overhanging rocks. They probably enjoyed watching me, just as much, because most times they got away with it. That was always ok, with me, though, I enjoyed the fishing. And besides, trout have a lot of bones.
BT
edit on 26-7-2012 by BearTruth because: spelling, sigh

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
As promised, here is the information on the Lacto-Fermentation Pickles.

www.wildfermentation.com...

www.nwedible.com...

The strength of brine varies widely in different traditions and recipe books. Brine strength is most often expressed as weight of salt as a percentage of weight of solution, though sometimes as weight of salt as a percentage of volume of solution. Since in most home kitchens we are generally dealing with volumes rather than weights, the following guideline can help readers gauge brine strength: Added to 1 quart of water, each tablespoon of sea salt (weighing about .6 ounce) adds 1.8% brine. So 2 tablespoons of salt in 1 quart of water yields a 3.6% brine, 3 tablespoons yields 5.4%, and so on. In the metric system, each 15 milliliters of salt (weighing 17 grams) added to 1 liter of water yields 1.8% brine.

You can use any vegetable you havest to pickle. You are only limited by your imagination. BT

new topics

join