It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Camp Once Again Warns Of ‘Soviet’ Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

A foreign policy adviser to Mitt Romney’s campaign warned against policies that would aid “the Soviet Union” Wednesday, making him at least the third person from Team Romney — including Romney himself — to refer to a country that hasn’t existed since 1991 in the course of attacking President Obama’s foreign policy.

The Obama campaign has already accused Romney of having a “Cold War mindset” on foreign policy, so it naturally seized on a clip of longtime Republican diplomat Rich Williamson, a Romney adviser, speaking at the Brookings Institution Wednesday. Williamson was condemning the Obama approach to Syria.

Romney camp once again....

No wonder Obama leads in the polls when it comes to foreign policy. Perhaps team Romney needs a memo that the Soviet Union no longer exists.

It seems to me Romney will go out of our way to fight with other countries, he definity wants to have a war with Iran and it seems he wants a fight with Russia.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Its not like Russia has military bases in Syria, and if NATO has to intervene they would be upsetting russia or any thing...

SO I take it Obama's your horse in the race?

BTW Putin is also concerned about the US

But he also reiterated Mr. Putin’s earlier claim that the United States has played an important role by sending money “to provoke the situation.”

So it would seem prudent to be concerned about Russia...

Everything the opposite guy says is not automatically wrong...
edit on 26-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The last time I voted was 2000, the supreme court appointed gwb as president so our vote is meaningless, so no Obama isn't my choice.

The right wing attempt at global hegemony has lead us to were we are, not that the dems are any better, but they are the less of 2 evils I just choose not to settle.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

, but they are the less of 2 evils I just choose not to settle.

Well, I was a Dem, and than I toyed with Rep..

Until I started "denying ignorance" Their both frauds.

And I refuse to vote for Either parties Candidate. Ill write in and have my vote not matter rather than give my consent to either rule.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, on this, Romney knows what he's talking about. Obama has kissed their tails and we've given only to get taken at every turn.

Typical Russians..but we sure did it right back to them for 50 years at every little chance we got. I can't blame them, I blame US for opening the opportunities where they can be a threat and work against us.

I don't know why anyone thinks Russia is currently thinking of Uncle Sammy as a personal friend. Putin built his career to the level of Colonel in the KGB, and back when it was still called that. He's not a politician near as much as he is an intelligence officer. When is the last time anyone saw Putin carrying anything or having his gun hand otherwise blocked? This is who we figure wants to sing Kumbaya? We can get along, IMO but only with mutual respect. Russia detests weakness as much as WE once did. Now we seem to celebrate it as progressing.

top topics

join